How much do cast members make?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by debmomof2, Mar 26, 2010.

1. trasor

trasor Disney Fanatic

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

You realize you resurrected a thread form a year and half ago?

:cutie:

4. JD&LYD

JD&LYD Mouseketeer

Interesting thread. A few things I haven't noticed are the average annual incomes in a lot of the countries the CM's are from is way below poverty standards in the good ol' USA. Many in the $250-$1500 per year range. So if you can make that much in one 7 day cruise, well thats a no-brainer. As for the length of the contract, maybe thats why so many are so good at what they do and are so personable(sp) to us and our families. They are using us as surrogates for thier own familiesw. I say go ahead and use us up..:goodvibes It seems to be a good system and i haven't heard complaints like they are being treated like indentured servents or anything..:) Just my Opinion...

5. Floridagram

Floridagram DIS Veteran

Just back from a CCL cruise and found out that there servers and stateroom hosts have to pay their own way home and back for the new contract. That makes DCL extremely generous. I was told some could have to pay $1500 to get home. Our stateroom host had 27 ROOMS but did have an assistant in the mornings. So I think they work extra hard on that ship but also make more too.

I don't know how many their servers normally have but our server had 26 people! 2 8 tops and a 10 top. He had been on the ship for 20 years so obviously it was worth it to him or he would not still be doing it. We honestly did not get to talk to him because he was so busy so that is all I know about him. Service was not what we would have wanted but we had wonderful table mates that we enjoyed spending time with so we did not mind that our dinner took 2 hours every night. It was not because he was not working his behind off.

I never even got time to tell him he should go work at DCL!

6. Floridagram

Floridagram DIS Veteran

Why does that matter? The people who are reading it may be for the first time and may not have read anything on this topic before so it is new to them.

I don't understand why sometimes people have to make comments that seem to be putting down another poster.

7. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS Veteran

I certainly didn't mean the question as a put down. :goodvibes

I was just asking, because, possibly, some of the information being commented on might be out of date.

If someone does a search (which in inself is an unusual occurance) and pulls up an old thread and still has a question, I think it's probably a better idea to start a new one. Some people opening what they think will be a new question, and finding that it's actually an old one, may not go to the end to see what (if any) new questions/comments are being posted.

Sorry, if it came across that way.

:cutie: