How much did your "Value" vacation cost you?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Mickfarland4, Apr 4, 2013.

1. bentopher

bentopher Mouseketeer

1 adult, 2 kids
    7 nights at Pop
    8 day park tickets (no hopper)
    Disney Dining
    Photopass+

$2501

Roundtrip Flights from buf to MCO direct on jet blue $660 ($220 each)

Total $3160

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Cindie-rella

Cindie-rella ...Laughter is timeless. Imagination has no age.

8 nights at POLY LV w/7 day PH w/waterpark for 3 of us
    $4782. + $1019. for airfare = $5801. ! :scared1: That does not include food, shopping, taxis and towncar....so approx. total should be $7300-$7800. Looking at that total makes me crazy :crazy2: Just trying not to think about it and gonna have the most magical time of our lives pixiedust:

4. bluejasmine

bluejasmine DIS Veteran

2 adults sept. 7-15

1 night Drury inn $70
    7 night POFQ with DDP & 7 day PH & WPAM option $2961

Praying for free dining really need it!

If A RO code only comes out ill down grade to ASMU but still stay 7 nights with DDP & PH passes with WPAM & according to the math of the summer promotion it should be around $2200

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

5. Princess Disney Mom

Princess Disney Mom DIS Veteran

It's hard to compare unless you live where I do and travel the same time. The place I can see where you can cut costs is the dining. Skip the dining plan and have groceries delivered.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

6. DisneyRunner2009

DisneyRunner2009 DIS Veteran

August trip, ASSp with current discount $841. Airfare 3 x $246, but we had some dollar value with AirTran that had to be used or it would expire. Cost OOP, more like $300. I just rented a car for a few days, $97. The last few trips we've gone without a car, but I wanted to go to the outlet mall. Also, the car will allow us to pick up a few things at Publix and go to the outlet mall.;) Bag fees possibly $50. Airport parking at home around $63. Then there is food, not sure about that maybe $500. No parks planned at this time, but we do have some non expiring tickets, if we want to use those. Totaling it all up $1851. Maybe I should check into DVC rental for only $200 more than ASSp.

7. operationremie

operationremie Mouseketeer

So far, mine is:

*Art of Animation Hotel for 5 nights: $661
    *Entry to runDisney Half Marathon: $210

Haven't figured out flights or meal plans yet.

8. Beth521

Beth521 Earning My Ears

mine is 5/21-5/28
    staying at Sports
    NO dining or even park tickets
    going SOLO! :cool1:

Flight and hotel only- 1K

It's worth it for me. I searched and searched the best deal and that was it.

[​IMG]

9. naomiswanson

naomiswanson Earning My Ears

In every vacation I have, I don't really matter if how must the cost I spend, as long as I enjoy. However, spending time with the one I considered as one of the most beautiful places is only few but money is always there.

10. missnic

missnic Mouseketeer

Dh and I went 11/13 - 11/17, and stayed at Pop with free dining. I upgraded from qs to plus dining, and I think we had 4 day non Hopper tickets. Total cost of the package was around $1100. We spent about $50 in gas to drive down. So, total was under $1200.... but we upgraded our tickets to weekday select passes (which were less expensive than the package tickets) and somehow the cast member gave us a gift card for a little over $100 for the difference. So, 5 days vacation for around $1100, plus a years worth of weekday admission :)

11. Funfire240

Funfire240 DIS Veteran

We stayed at AoA last Sept. in LM from 9/24 to 9/29- I recall the 5 day hoppers and room being just under $1800 for me, DH and DD (DS was still free). We had free QS dining but upgrated to the regular dining plan. This of course doesn't include all the extras we spent - 3 tickets to MNSSHP (about $150), BBB ($90 by the time we added hair accessories and tee), 2 PL appointments (about $80), Harmony Barber Shop (about $20) $65 for Ariel dress, plus all the other shopping! (too much to count - yes I spoil my kids rotten on vacation :thumbsup2)
    We drove but hit Disney after a week in they Keys so it's hard to determine fuel costs.

12. gilsan

gilsan DIS Veteran

We were doing a value trip at the end of September for 7 nightsM, 2 adults and 1 child
    AoA $935
    Flights using some points $902
    and 7 day PH WPAF YES tickets $997

for a total of $2834 plus budgeting around $1000 for food and car $217

We were able to rent points at AKV Kidani for $1066 so our total is now $2965:cool1:

13. rabeck

rabeck Earning My Ears

Staying at Pop 8/12-8/20... 2 adults, 7 day park hopper, DDP, flights, PhotoPass+, 1 day pass to Universal, 2 tours at the parks, plus the added stuff like souvenirs and travel to Universal and the Wishes Dessert Party (planning on booking) it comes to a little less than $4,000.

Didn't do a lot of shopping around for deals, however. In the future, I'm going to pay more attention to the best deals (especially with the flights). Didn't feel confident, but now that I've been on Dis I think I can find the best deals for my next trip. Doesn't matter for this trip because I know it will all be worth it!

14. wkla13

wkla13 Earning My Ears

AS Sports for 7 days, 6 day MYW tickets with DDP, 2 adults and 2 children with spring discount + airfare from the great white north + spending money = $5000-$6000! But the smiles on my boys faces the first, second, etc day we are at WDW = Priceless!

15. Minnesota!

Minnesota! Shoeless in Minnesota

I will go -

10 nights Pop Century - $1093.50
    10 day MYW - $1283.80
    Airfare - 4 round trip tickets - $613.60 (had 3 one way rewards on Airtran, 1 one way reward on Sun Country. The one one way on Airtran cost $132. The 3 one ways on Sun Country cost ~$480. SCORE!!)
    Money being brought for dining, tips, and any other stuff - $1500.

Total cost for an 11 day celebration - $4490.90. It would be MUCH cheaper if we could go back to our old ways of breakfast in the room, and counter service meals. But we are addicted to Boma, Ohana, Sanaa, Kona, and Cape May Cafe. We could shave a good $700 off just for those!!!

16. mickeygaga

mickeygaga Mouseketeer

$250 Airfare for 8- using mostly points
    $890 5 nights for 2 Rooms at POFQ
    $1920 5 day MYW for 6 adults 2 kiddos
    $1100 DDP
    $220-minivan rental, but using AMEX pts to off set this.
    Total $4160 May/2013
    We are able to get an awesome discount from dd's employer. For about $950 more I could get 2 rooms at Beach club instead, or for about $400 more I could get hoppers. I know that I would never be able to stay at deluxe resorts with the size of our family without the discount. What to do....what to dooo.....:confused3or just be happy with my savings. :scratchin But Beach Club is soooo pretty..........

17. Belle83

Belle83 DIS Veteran

We upgraded to CSR at the last minute but our package for 5 nights at Pop Century with 4 days of MYW tickets was about $1,085.26 (for 2 adults). Upgraded to CSR for an extra $264.76, for the package total of $1,350.02.

Airfare is kind of a long story but it was $579.60 for 2 adults round-trip from Denver (that included tickets we traded in and a lot of exchange fees, ouch). We're not renting a car, and we leave Thursday! (yay!!!) Not sure what souvenirs, food, parking, pet sitting, etc. will be.

So our total so far: $1,929.62.
    If we had stayed at Pop: $1,664.86

18. scrappinannie

scrappinannie Mouseketeer

We are not staying on site this trip, but I think we're going at a great value time of year (October) and we're still gonna end up paying $3500 for our family of 4. Airfare kills us. Just kills us. But I am not willing to drive 1200 miles from Michigan with a 3 and 6 year old. When they're older and better about occupying themselves we will probably drive (though it's still not super cheap, but will save a few hundred dollars) but this time we're flying. And that alone will cost us about $1000.

19. scrappinannie

scrappinannie Mouseketeer

POFQ and POR are lovely resorts. The grounds are pretty and shaded, lots to see and do at POR which is right there. Plus the boat ride to DTD is very pretty and relaxing. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised and happy with your decision.;)