• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How Much Did it Cost to Fill Up Your Gas Tank?

I remember the days when it cost under $10 to fill up my Mazda miata.

It's running around $45 to fill up my CR-V.

DH has a job offer we're seriously considering in Spokane, but the cost of moving our stuff out there is :scared1:. We were getting prices from Uhaul, and their truck only gets 7 MPG--and the trip is close to 2,500 miles :scared1:

Needless to say, if we do go we'll be paring down our possessions considerably.

For my 2007 Civic, it is about $33.00. Thankfully, I don't have to visit the gas station too often. :eek:

$80 for our old Ford Aerostar:scared1: ... it now stays on or close to empty! $20 for our 4 cylinder car and that moved the needle from E to 1/4. Thankfully we get 30-35 mpg. Needless to say, we aren't driving too far these days:worried:

I was on fumes and it cost $69.09 to fill up the Grand Caravan on Saturday.

It cost $192 to fill up my Ford Excursion. I can go 3 weeks between visit to the gas station. It uses Diseal and it was $4.70 a gallon. But as my dh said " Its alot cheaper to fill up a paid for Ford, than it is to fill up a fianced Toyota." Meaning we know alot of people that are replacing their cars to get better gas mileage, but they are fiancing them for 5 to 7 yrs. Do the math. Its going to take along time before that better gas mileage is going to be worth all those monthly payments with interest, plus collision insurance.
And, they are still having to pay $4 plus a gallon for gas.

You guys should try living in the UK $11ish a gallon. $116 to fill up a normal sized car, looking forward to having a hols in the US and getting cheap fuel even though you say yours is going up in price and getting expensive. + even more for diesel.

1995 Olds - $65.00 per week... Well that was last week probably $68-69 this week.

It cost me right around $40 to fill mine up at Costco the other day, at $4.09 a gallon (twenty cents below everyone else in town). I have a dinky little Kia Spectra. I've always been a fill-'er-up kinda gal, never one to put a little here and a little there in the tank if I could help it, but I don't even fill my van anymore. I can't stand the pain. I give my daughter $20 at a time to put in it when we need the space of the van for some reason (otherwise she drives my husband's Saturn) and then don't look at how little the gas gauge moves.

I don't "fill" it because I really don't go anywhere.. Right now I have a little less than 3/4's of a tank (added $30 when I was at 1/4 of a tank)..

$108 to fill my Ford Expedition. I have cut down on small errands so I try to only fill once every other Thursday (DH's payday). Last week, I needed to put $5 in to get down to NH to get cheaper gas (lower gas tax than Maine).

I also carpool with a girlfriend for our shopping, so only one of us has to drive down every other week.

I havent filled up my jeep commander lately (summer - not driving the kids as much) but I did fill up the 2 gallon gas tank for the lawn mower the other day and it cost me 8.81 to mow my yard.

Jennifer

I've been filling up my tank when it gets to half full because I read you get better mileage with the first half of the tank vs. the last half (having to do with air in the tank...not sure if it's true but it's working for me). I spent $25 at $4.07 a gallon and it lasts me 6 days. I'll be driving 20 miles a day less once summer school is over next week so it should last even longer. I'm so glad that DS will be taking an online class at home for his 2nd summer school class. I have a 2000 Saturn sedan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter