How Much Did it Cost to Fill Up Your Gas Tank?

bnorm27

DIS Veteran
Both my wife and I filled up our vehicles on Tuesday. Her bill was $68 for a mid-size SUV, and my bill for a Toyota Corolla was $51! $119 for gas in one day!!!! So, what did you pay??

$36 to fill up my Honda Civic Hybrid after 12 days of driving. Oh yeah, and I squeezed 52 mpg out of it during those 12 days.

If my tank was empty it would cost me about $60 to fill up my Subaru Forester

$57 for DH's classic car 88 chevy elcamino, and $55 for my 4 cylinder 2000 Nissan altima. $3.91 and $3.93 gal in central New Jersey.

I have a Windstar and it was $58.00 and I stopped it because I was paying cash and that's all I had.
The business truck which is a box truck, I stopped it at $110.00 the other day, paying cash again, but it only got to 3/4 full. I could have easily put $125.00+ in that! UGH!
I remember when we got that truck 6 years ago and we could fill it up for less than $75.00. Ahhhh..those were the days!

It takes about $70 to fill mine up, a mini-van. When we first got that thing it cost around $22 to fill up. Those were the days.

I put $35.00 ($3.88/gallon) of gas into my 2006 Envoy Denali yesterday and it barely hit 1/2 tank - after driving back and forth one day to work and doing one errand last night it now has a little over 1/4 tank. :(

Sticker shock last Friday when I filled my Toyota Corolla.

Just 8.5 gallons was about $33! First time it cost more than $30 to fill the tank! I fill it about every two weeks--14 to 15 days, depending on use. I average about 34 mpg--mostly city driving, with a short little stretch of freeway on weekdays.

I also have a Windstar and it's running me about $75.00 when I'm on empteeee (which is a lot lately). My daughter and I were getting gas the other day and my daughter asked me to guess how much it was going to be. I said $78.00 and it came to $78.01! When the attendant came over (we live in Jersey, so it's always full serve here), she topped it off to, get this, $82.00, $4.00 more!!! I was so angry I actually reprimanded her! I asked her if she owned the gas station, to which she replied, "no." I told her never to do that again and asked her if $78.00 wasn't already enough! :furious:

Haven't filled my tank since gas went over $3.00.
I mainly drive a Honda Civic and stop when it hits $30.00. Somehow it makes it seem less painful. :)

$100 for my chevy mini van.

Thankfully hubby just got his motorcycle on the road and he is taking that to work now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter