How many years did ot take you to reach platinum?

It took us 7 years. Interestingly enough, we had two under our belt when they announced the levels in 2009. Hubby and I figured we'd NEVER become platinum. Our next cruise in May we'll be wearing black lanyards though. Good thing we're not fortune tellers by trade!!

I do think the idea of trips (as opposed to days), can lead to some strange circumstances though. We were friendly with a family on one of our cruises that because of hassle and travel cost only did long cruises. They'd spent maybe 40 or 50 days at sea and were only silver. Since one of our trips was the original 2 day cruise to nowhere, we've benefited from trips vs days.

First cruise was taken in August 2009 and our tenth in February of 2013. Wore the black lanyards for the first time in August 2013! :goodvibes

4 years and 8 months. Our first cruise was in September 2008 and we became Platinum on the Los Angeles to Vancouver Repositioning Cruise last year. We were lucky that this was the first half of a back to back cruise so we got to enjoy our Platinum status straightaway.

Corinna

It's going to be a long time. Our first was in 2008. Then two in 2012 and one coming up in May 2014. We might make Gold in 2015 or 16.

Actually took us 12 years first cruise was October 2001. However we did a have a 5 year break or so when one DD was in college & the other finishing High school & schedules didn't mesh. As another PP mentioned college was a top priority. ::yes::

It took us 11 years. But we are just now sailing 4 years later as Platinum Members.:beach:

Teri

Forgot to add that our cruise is February 28th on the Magic. It's been a long time coming.:cheer2:

Teri

Wife and I and our Grandson took our first cruise on DCL in Jan 2008. It took 2 years to hit Platinum for all three of us. (oct 2010)
So far
2 Fantasy
1 Magic
4 Dream
10 Wonder

We 3 head out this thursday on the Dream for Cruise # 18 to celebrate our son's birthday then out again in April for # 19 on the Dream.
I think we will try and do the Med for #20.
I have watched our Grandson (Who we are raising) just blossom and grow with confidence with every cruise we have taken thanks to the great CMs and the caring environment.

First cruise was January 2003. I didn't sail my 10th cruise for Platinum until Halloween 2011. However, I've sailed an additional 10 more since then. :)
7 of those were longer than 7 nights, though, so it totals to 164 nights.

For my wife: three years and three months. Partly because I sent her on a B2B so that she would achieve platinum before our med cruise this past summer. I will make platinum in October, at just under 5 years.

It will be 4 years for me. I am doing a back to back in August 2014 (#10 is a 3 night and DVC member cruise #11).

We started with DCL in 11/2003 and hit #10 3/2013. Too bad we won't be cruising platinum to enjoy the benefits.

It took us 9 years to have that free meal at Polo. [2004-2013]
We are like you Guys....cancelled all 3 of our cruises for 2014. And what benefits to enjoy?
:offtopic: Like that one sceen in the movie Forest Gump, where he ran for 2 years 3 months and 6 days and up and stopped running......well....The Hoosier Daddy has stopped cruisin'.....DCL is the same old thing each time we cruised.....everything but the cost that is. Can you say; not worth it, I can. ::yes::

DCL has simply out priced it's value to us. The nearly 60% increase for the Fantasy's pre-Easter 2015 week cruise compared to our 2013 cruise crossed the line since we have two kids entering college in the next four years and that takes priority.

Hi Lisa,

Right On!.....Kath and I are in your corner.
And if we had more like us out there .....the price would go down in a heart-beat. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

It took us about 10 years. :)

I hope this isn't creepy to say but we are in alpharetta too :)

I hope to reach gold by the end of the year and our son should reach gold by early 2015. technically it will have taken me 14 years since i went on my first disney cruise at 18 in 2000. the rest between 2011-2014.

my husband who knows? - his second is booked for dec 2014 and dec is really the only "safe" month I can book a vacation and feel confident he'll be joining us because of how much he travels for work.

I'm guessing it will be about 5 or so more years before any of us reach platinum but you never know. some itineraries that grab my attention could shorten that time period :)

we've cruised on rccl and carnival in the past (pre-child) and just didn't enjoy it so if we were to decide not to cruise disney I think that would mean the end of cruising for us.

14 years. First cruise was in the Maiden Voyage Year.

and it took us 11 cruises to sail all four ships.

DH and I took our first cruise in September of 2005 and took our 10th cruise in January of 2011. So, it was a little over 5 years. :cool1:

We're probably one of the longest, since our first cruise was back in 1998, the fifth sailing of the Magic and we'll make platinum this fall on the Magic.

It took us 2 years and 3 months to reach Gold. Four of those were 4 night cruises because we were AP holders at WDW, and it was easy to tack on a 4night cruise to our vacations. I'm not sure how long it will take us to reach platinum...if we reach it all. We have an Eastern planned. I would also like to go to Alaska, San Juan and Key West. I'm hoping DCL starts coming out with some different itinerary's. I'm not sure I want to pay the high prices to keep going to the same places.

I have not reached it yet, but should in August. So, it will have taken me 10 years! For my October cruise, I will be Platinum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter