How many weeks of vacation do you get?

How many vacation weeks do you get?

• 1-2

• 2-3

• 3-4

• more than 4

• I'm a stay at home parent so I never get a "vacation"!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I get 2 weeks, plus approximately 10 days of official holidays (i.e. Labor Day, etc.)

DH gets 5 weeks and all court holidays. Not fair in the slightest.

I've been with the company for 8 years, so I get three weeks vacation a year. That jumps to four weeks per year when I hit 10 years with the company.

We get all normal holidays off, including President's day and the day after Thanksgiving. But not Good Friday, although the union members in our company get that day off.

We get five paid sick days per year. Plus, two personal floating holidays per year.

And then there are the bonus days. Days when your boss says, "you worked five weeks straight at 9.5 hours a day, take Tuesday off and don't tell anyone to make up that you are salary and don't get OT."

I get 22 holiday days, but with my shift pattern, its a weird one
2 days on
2 days off
3 days on
2 days off
2 days on
3 days off

I am using 12 days holiday and getting 3 1/2 weeks off and 10 days at christmas to get 3 weeks off.

:cool1:

I get 5 weeks and 2 days plus any public holidays which are rest days get credited back to me to use when I wish, along with cancelled rest days :) Often end up with over 6 weeks leave a year :banana: As for sick pay it is 6 months full pay in a rolling 12 months.

Claire ;)

I get 25 days paid leave for holidays, personal etc, plus 8 statutory days and
I can take upto 15 days holiday at a time (any more is by prior arrangement with the Board of Directors).

I get 16 weeks full-pay sick. After that it goes to half pay for 10 weeks and then statutory sick pay. After 7 days sick leave we have to produce a doctors note. I also get private healthcare for myself and my family through the company which is tax deductable.

I get 3 weeks.
The poll options overlap, so I could have picked 2-3 or 3-4.

I started as a software developer for Kodak in 2001 with 2 weeks. After 5 years, you move up to 3 weeks. So when I took a position with a new company in 2006, I asked to start with 3 weeks and they said yes. We also get 3 days of personal time(for illness or whatever) and 9 paid holidays.

It's not enough.

I'm self-employed so I just schedule work around vacations. We take about 1 week each season, for a total of 4 weeks a year, plus some long weekends here and there in between. Since I'm not billing people I don't get paid when I don't work, and when I go on vacation or have a day off I usually bring my laptop with me so I can stay in touch with clients while I'm gone (e-mail is checked 365 days a year). In the morning I'll work for an hour or two; go off and play for the day, and then check in before going to bed at night. This seems to work for us

I work part time so I do not get any vacation or sick time at my job. I need to work more hours in the fall and since I really like my current part time job, I was going to look for another part time one so I would be working 2 part time jobs. However, thinking of the vacation time that I don't get paid for, I will probably look for a full time benefited position. DH has been at his company for 2 years now and he gets 100 hours PTO for vacation and sick time. It was hard for him because he had worked 25 yearrs at his previous compnay before getting laid off and he got 5 weeks vacation.

I have no idea. I'm pretty sure I get 3 weeks. :confused3 My bosses are always trying to get me to take a vacation. I'd rather not if I don't have anywhere to go (I get really bored staying home) and I can't afford to go anywhere...so off to work I go! No wonder people call me a workaholic. :rolleyes1

Can't vote. Self employed and only get away when we can. Varies between 1 week and 4 as it depends on business and how many employees we have to cover for us. We also have noted that business goes in the tank when we are not there. We do make our employees take a week at a time off now and then so that we can audit their accounts when they are not there. We've have friends in the same business find that sometimes employees that don't want to take time off have been skimming the books (one agent lost more than $50,000 to a long time employee). Never found that with ours so far.

I get 2 wks at Christmas, 1 week in the Spring and the entire summer..........all without pay, tho! :tongue:

DH gets 6 weeks.

5 weeks PTO- sick and vacation combined
10 holidays

My time with the company is irrelevant to vacation, but I've been there 3.5 years.

We also get 1 week paternity/maternity (then STD which is 100% paid by employer kicks in), and 1 week for bereavement, which covers quite a bit as far as "family". It's funny, you only get 1 week if it's your dh or kid, but you still get that same one week if it's your step-grandmother-in-law. I've never used this, though.

As far as the poll goes though, after being a SAHM and a WOHM, I'd have to say being a SAHM would be an "everyday is a vacation" vs. "I never get a vacation" thing. Not saying that SAHM's don't work all day, because they do, but it's much more rewarding!

I get three weeks vacation, 5 sick days, and 7 paid holidays. Going to CBR in 10 Days:banana:

I get 30 days (6 weeks) of PTO (paid time off) per year, and I have no separate sick leave plan. I have been at my job for almost 18 years. When I reach 20 years, I will get 36 days (7 weeks and 1 day). I also get 11 holidays off each year.

I used to have a traditional sick/vacation plan, but we had the option of transferring to a PTO plan, which I jumped on as I never really used much sick leave. I actually have over 500 hours of sick leave banked from when I transferred to PTO. I prefer the flexibility of PTO.

10 weeks. I'm a school teacher. Seven weeks in the summer, two in December, & one in March. 'Course, I don't get paid for those days.

5 weeks and one day vacation
6 personal days
13 paid holidays (you get paid if you take it off or make double time and a half if you work them)
12 sick days that you save from year to year and sell back to the company when you retire if you don't use them.

Is it true everywhere that teachers don't get paid for winter and spring breaks? I realized they didn't get paid for the summer, but thought all of the other days off during the school calendar were paid.

Is it true everywhere that teachers don't get paid for winter and spring breaks? I realized they didn't get paid for the summer, but thought all of the other days off during the school calendar were paid.

I work (and get paid for) 197 days/school year. That amount is spread out over 12 months. I get paid year round. I live in Texas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter