How many Vouchers do I get?

sunshinejk

Mouseketeer
OK, I'm second guessing myself on how many vouchers we get for our meal plan. We have the Deluxe Dining Plan, and are staying Sunday, December 23 with checkout on Sunday December 30. That is 8 days, 7 nights. I was thinking we get 21 meal vouchers and 14 snacks (3 meals per night, 2 snacks per night). Now I am wondering if it is per DAY.

Do we get the 21/14 or is it 24/17??

Thanks~

OK, I'm second guessing myself on how many vouchers we get for our meal plan. We have the Deluxe Dining Plan, and are staying Sunday, December 23 with checkout on Sunday December 30. That is 8 days, 7 nights. I was thinking we get 21 meal vouchers and 14 snacks (3 meals per night, 2 snacks per night). Now I am wondering if it is per DAY.

Do we get the 21/14 or is it 24/17??

Thanks~

It's per night, so you'll get 21/14 for 7 nights. Have a great trip!

I was thinking we get 21 meal vouchers

Just a little clarification on terminology. You will get 21 dining credits, not 21 meal credits. There are signature restaurants, Cinderella's Royal Table and the dinner shows (Hoop De Doo, Spirit of Aloha luau, and Mickey's Backyard Barbecue) that take 2 credits per person per meal. If you go to any of these you'll end up with fewer than 21 actual meals.

Just a little clarification on terminology. You will get 21 dining credits, not 21 meal credits. There are signature restaurants, Cinderella's Royal Table and the dinner shows (Hoop De Doo, Spirit of Aloha luau, and Mickey's Backyard Barbecue) that take 2 credits per person per meal. If you go to any of these you'll end up with fewer than 21 actual meals.

I do know that some take more than one per meal. I used the word voucher, though, not credit. A voucher is a card, token, or other document that can be exchanged for goods and services in place of money. I really don't think it matters which word is used whether I give them a meal voucher (or two for the signature restaurants) or a meal credit. To me it's all the same....

If you REALLY want to be analytical, the dining plan brochure that I have just states meals. "One (1) meal for each person participating in the Character Dining experience will be redeemed from their meal plan balance, unless otherwise noted."

Or

"Two (insert purple circle with #2 inside) meals for each person dining at a Signature Restaurant will be redeemed from their meal plan balance."

So I guess in hindsight, we are both wrong.... ;)

When I used the dining plan I wasn't given any vouchers. Just the KTTW card and you have to keep track of your plan on the bottom of your meal receipts. Maybe it has changed. My advise is to watch carefully that they deduct your meal plan appropriately. Have fun!

Unless you have (maybe) purchased your trip and dining plan in some foreign country, you don't get any vouchers, tokens, chits, documents etc. You get your room key which has the credits for the amount of table service and snacks loaded on it. You don't exchange or give the server or cashier anything other than one room card for your party.

Unless you have (maybe) purchased your trip and dining plan in some foreign country, you don't get any vouchers, tokens, chits, documents etc. You get your room key which has the credits for the amount of table service and snacks loaded on it. You don't exchange or give the server or cashier anything other than one room card for your party.
This.

I do know that some take more than one per meal. I used the word voucher, though, not credit. A voucher is a card, token, or other document that can be exchanged for goods and services in place of money. I really don't think it matters which word is used whether I give them a meal voucher (or two for the signature restaurants) or a meal credit. To me it's all the same....

If you REALLY want to be analytical, the dining plan brochure that I have just states meals. "One (1) meal for each person participating in the Character Dining experience will be redeemed from their meal plan balance, unless otherwise noted."

Or

"Two (insert purple circle with #2 inside) meals for each person dining at a Signature Restaurant will be redeemed from their meal plan balance."

So I guess in hindsight, we are both wrong.... ;)
Meal vouchers are a thing of the past, the very distant Disney past. You will receive a Key to the World Card, KTTW, and it will be used as your room key and will contain your park "ticket" and your dining plan credits. The restaurant will basically swipe your card and the Disney computer will deduct the dining credits from your card. Your receipt will have a print out of remaining DDP credits.

You don't get vouchers, there is no paper involved in the Disney dining plan (except receipts). All your meal credits are encoded on your KTTW cards. Even a credit for your refillable mugs is encoded on the cards. "Credit" is the general usage, as use of the word "voucher" indicates you receive a tangible ticket or paper to exchange, which you don't. Some posters use "points" but I prefer credits so it is not mixed up with DVC "points."

If you are staying 7 nights on the Deluxe plan you will receive 21 meal credits and 14 snack credits per person. All the credits for the entire party (on one room reservation) are pooled and accessible from any KTTW card assigned to the reservation at any time. Some TS restaurants may require 2 credits per person to redeem for a meal.

Ok, I guess I live in the stone ages for using the term voucher... ;). We went two years ago and did the dining plan for the first time and that is what our travel agent called it. Yes, we had the swiper card but our agent called it a voucher anyway. Call it what you want I guess, does it really matter?

Nola Tink answered my question, so I think we can let it rest.

Have a happy day :)

Well, it's just that the term "voucher" indicates you get a ticket or paper, and you don't, and it has caused confusion on the boards in the past because Disneyland has a dining plan that uses paper vouchers. So it's just in the interest of keeping it clear that we note you don't get a voucher on the WDW dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter