How many Vacation weeks do you take a year?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by TXinmyheart, Dec 12, 2012.

?

How many vacation weeks do you TAKE each year?

1. Zero

2. One

3. Two

4. Three

5. Four

6. Five

7. Six or more

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TXinmyheart

TXinmyheart Mouseketeer

This is not to ask how many you receive as a work benefit, but how many weeks you take a year for vacation?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

This year, two, but a lot of times we will take 3. I'm one of those people who quite often think "if I'm here, it's just a short distance to there." So we always end up taking long journeys!

4. abitagirl916

abitagirl916 Disneymaniac

The last few years I actually take 2 full weeks for either WDW or a Disney cruise. Sometimes, I take one full week and then finish the other days with long weekends, but still always take all of my allotted time. Next year I am taking 2 full weeks (WDW Feb and DCL Oct) and also taking some extra time in May to go to Tennessee for my nephew's graduation.

5. Dawg91

Dawg91 Mouseketeer

We take a week of real vacation- sitting on the beach doing nothing! We also take a week at Christmas but we may not go anywhere. Otherwise we just take a lot of Fridays and Mondays and maybe have short weekend trips if anything.

6. rcchello

rcchello DIS Veteran

When our company switched to a use it or lose it policy, we switched to using the whole 4 weeks each year. The year my wife retired we had to fit it all into the first 3 months of the year before she told them, otherwise they would prorate it.

At the end when I was a contractor and did not get paid vacation, l would take whatever my wife got.

7. Eeyore'sthebest

Eeyore'sthebest DIS Veteran<br><font color=darkorchid>Not So Tagle

Before we moved to a larger property and brought our horses with us, we would vacation at least 3 weeks a year. This year we squeezed in 1 week before we moved. Hoping to have at least 1 week next year, possibly 2 depending on how the house sitter works out.

8. Mandersons04

Mandersons04 Mouseketeer

I'm a SAHM so we vacation whenever hubby takes off and that's usually 2-3 weeks a year and then we do small weekend getaways where he'll take off on Thursday and Friday.

9. kaseyC

kaseyC Mom to 3 lovely Princesses

We usually take about 4 to 6 weeks overall. But I also have add that we rarely take a vacation where my DH doesn't do a few hours of work... either through email or conference calls on his Crackberry. ;)

10. chemnerd09

chemnerd09 Mouseketeer

We usually do two weeks of vacation. One week in the spring at WDW with the whole family and a week in the fall/winter at WDW for just the girls. We don't usually go anywhere else unless its for a short weekend trip.

11. borgthe

borgthe DIS Veteran DVC Gold

7 or 8 weeks per year. I just love to travel

12. tajz90

tajz90 Mama D

^^^^^^ Me in 5 years when our last one graduates! ;) Will be taking advantage of spring and fall getaways!

13. KingRichard

KingRichard DIS Veteran

It was 2 for a long time, but now we make sure to take 4.

We have also found that 7 days is not enough and have tried to make it at least 10 in a row.

14. Summerl30

Summerl30 Mouseketeer

I put 3. It varies from year to year so much. If you also include camping, then a few weeks more.

15. jetskigrl

jetskigrl No mumbojumbo here

I answered two but I'm not sure what you are looking for with the poll. I rarely take two weeks at the same time but I do usually take two full weeks over the course of the year (ex. 1 week for a cruise during Spring Break and then 1 week to visit family during the summer).

I also try to combine the vacation with holidays so I will take a week off over the 4th of July but two of those days will actually be holiday pay instead of vacation day, etc.

I get 4 weeks a year but rarely take them all and about half are split up into an small day or two vacations in combination with a weekend, etc.

1 week of vacation is the usual, but trying to take more than that at one time usually doesn't happen. It is too hard for people to cover my job while I am out. A lot of my work could wait for a week until I get back, but two weeks is too long for things to sit undone at work.

16. darkwing818

darkwing818 DIS Veteran

We usually do 1 to 2 weeks, in May/June, some times with a cruise & a stay at WDW. Later in the year we'll try for October, (Wine & food festival, been doing this for years) some times we'll cruise here if we didn't go in the summer. We also will do long weekends here & there to visit family & friends. :cool1:

17. honeymo78

honeymo78 Don't dream it, be it

I usually take 3 weeks, sometimes 4. I don't get any paid vacation at work but I also can take off whenever/whatever I can afford. No approval process, I just give a few weeks notice.

18. Kilted Candyman

Kilted Candyman Mouseketeer

While I get more I normal only take the required one whole week. All the rest I piece meal so I can get the most out of them.

This year's itinerary includes a Mardi Gras weekend (probably #2), WDW, DCL, the Kentucky Derby and Oaks.

You can cram a whole lot into a year if you use vacation days to make long weekends :hyper:

Jim

19. oybolshoi

oybolshoi <marquee><font color=green>You say vacation addict

I qualifiy for 4 weeks of vacation and by gawd I take it every year, especially since I can't carry time into the next year.

We usually will take two full weeks for one trip and then spread the other weeks out depending on our plans.

My husband also receives four weeks but he can roll two weeks into the next year if he doesn't use it all.

20. WDW Traveler

WDW Traveler Mouseketeer

We have a Use or Lose policy at work. We are only allowed to carry 6 weeks of leave on the books, anything after that I have to use. I've been there so long that I get 5 weeks of paid vacation every year that I have to use. We usually take at least 1 full week over the summer (for vacation) and the days between Christmas and New Years off. And then we use the rest of the time a day here and a day there.

21. Strawberry's mom&dad

Strawberry's mom&dad DIS Veteran

I have been at same company for 30 years. I get 6 weeks of paid vacation every year.
    Yup I take it.
    we are leaving to Hawaii on Saturday for 2 weeks:cool1:.
    This past year
    March -1 week at Oregon Coast
    May- 17 day WDW and cruise combo
    OCT- 1 week WDW
    Any vacation time not used gets carried over to next year.