How Many Times Did I Meet Pluto This Trip? A Dec Solo TR - New TR Link 11/30!

Park #3 - yay!

I'm sorry this Characterpaloza wasn't the best. It does sound like you had fun with some of the characters though!

I feel the same way breezing through the FP+ line - sorry, but not sorry!

That drink does sound yummy - and I bet it made TSM just a little more fun!

HS doesn't seem to absorb crowds very well. Now there are just not enough attractions to keep everyone busy.

Excited to hear about park #4!

Sorry this Characterpalooza wasn't the best one, but still fun and I'm glad you made it in time!

Nice pic with the Incredibles!

Your drink looks yummy!

Super cool pics inside TSMM!

Sorry hunger made you cut your HS time short, but with the crowds I'm sure it was a wise decision. Too bad you couldn't get your ride photo though!

It's funny because it was still an awesome Character Paloosa but I was slightly disappointed because the first two were even better.

I'm so glad I did the Incredibles meet since it's no longer available.

HS was just a mess that night and not really fun because of the crowds. Plus I wanted some food and the options at HS just are not the best.

If there is one thing I've learned from your trip reports its that I need to go to character paloozas.

It seems everyone wanted to be at DHS that day.

Nice TSMM pictures!

Excited to hear about your four park finish.

I do hope you get a chance to go to the Character Palooza sometime. There's been rumors going around that it might be discontinued but it's still listed on the character app I use as of right now.

I don't know what was going on with HS that night but it was way more crowded than the other parks.

Great seats in FOLK!!! So happy for you!!!
you got a lot done in AK. so sorry your HS was a bust. yet you were able to meet a ton of characters! So Sorry you only made ONE ride! Boo!!! and no walk to the osbourn lights again!!! ugh that sucks!!!

Over crowded is the pits.. we DID wait that 80 minutes for ToT in Sept it was our last ride and we needed it.. and i wouldn't do it again! LOL

I did get a ton of characters done at HS despite the crowds. Once again there were very few people at the Character Palooza. So far it still seems to be a well hidden secret.

I do remember reading about your 80 minute wait for TOT. I waited 90 minutes one time for RnRC and vowed to never do that again! No ride is worth that long of a wait especially since I know there will be another trip someday.

Sorry HS wasn't everything you hoped it would be, but pretty awesome that you were still able to get to Character Palooza and get a ride in. and even better, you got to have a delicious sounding drink!!! (I am positive I would have ordered it with NO foam, too!) :)

can't wait to hear how the end of your four park day turns out!!

The Character Palooza was fun even though I had already met most of the characters previously. And the drink was very good!

That Bert is amazing! He is a very close ringer to **** Van Dyke. I'm sorry HS was a bit of a bust but that drink sounds delicious! Here's to hoping it's still around next year. :drinking1

He was a very good Bert, there were a lot of great characters this trip! And yes the drink was delicious. I just saw that they have it again this summer so maybe it will still be around next year.

Ariana, I'm sorry that I got so far behind. I very seldom come over here anymore.

Love your pictures of Festival of the Lion King...I'll be seeing that next month but we are skipping it in October (we are skipping a lot at AK in October). Great safari pictures...especially the lionness.

Glad you were able to get your poncho on and not get too wet.

Wow...you really made out with the Characterpalooza this trip (I here this is going away :( ). I also hear they are closing the Animation Building.

Sorry the Studios were so busy. Your drink looks really yummy.

Yes, when touring four parks in one day, you really ought to snack.

I think you are only about 2 weeks from your trip! I hope you have a wonderful time, say hi to Pluto for me.

I hope they keep the Character Palooza! It's a lot of fun to do but I'm sure a lot of extra work for the CMs at HS.

Darn, too bad DHS was so busy. This is where FP+ really helps! It's awesome that you were able to get on the ride with the longest wait in no time! And it is a shame that you couldn't get your park #3 ride photo but hey, you went. It counts! Bring on Epcot! :)

I was very glad I had the FP+ that night. I just ended up making it to HS a bit earlier than I thought I would and my FP+ were a bit too late.

Park #3 - yay!

I'm sorry this Characterpaloza wasn't the best. It does sound like you had fun with some of the characters though!

I feel the same way breezing through the FP+ line - sorry, but not sorry!

That drink does sound yummy - and I bet it made TSM just a little more fun!

HS doesn't seem to absorb crowds very well. Now there are just not enough attractions to keep everyone busy.

Excited to hear about park #4!

Well, the Character Palooza was still awesome, just not as awesome as the first two I did. I don't think there is any where else that you can meet 9 characters in less than 20 minutes.

Yes, the drink did make TSM a bit more fun!

HS does seem to always be the most crowded park when I'm there. Hopefully they will get on with the expansions that are rumored and that will help some.

I Finish the Four Park Quest!

Before I start the final park, I found a few more PP pictures from HS. No idea at what point during my time there that I had these taken. I honestly don’t even remember stopping but it’s definitely the same day because of my shirt.

All right, moving on.

By the time I exited HS, my bad ankle was starting to give me some troubles. So I decided a nice relaxing boat ride was a good idea. I took a grand total of one photo along the way.

I needed food badly by the time I got to Epcot so I headed straight to the Yorkshire County Fish Shop and got some dinner. The seating area by the lake was closed so I headed back into the court yard near the UK shops and found a bench to enjoy my fish and chips.

And enjoy them I did! I really love those fish and chips.

About halfway through eating an older couple who also had food from Yorkshire asked to share my bench. Of course I had no problem but we quickly figured out that three adults all trying to balance trays of food on one bench was just not going to work so they moved across the street and sat on the curb. Then another lady by herself came up and asked to share the bench. Now I’ve done several solo trips to WDW and I’ve never once felt unsafe. Yes, I am much more hyperaware of what’s around me, especially walking back to my room late at night, but I’ve always felt safe. Well this lady changed that in a heartbeat. She immediately struck up a conversation with me. And while that’s not problem at all, I love talking to people at WDW, her questions got way too personal, way too fast. Just when I was getting seriously worried, she stopped talking abruptly in the middle of a sentence and ran over to the older couple across the street. Her first question to them was to ask how they met and to tell her all about their love story. Yeah, she was a bit on the odd side and way too friendly. I finished up eating very quickly and bolted before she could have a chance to come back and start her questions with me again.

I had skipped over Germany, China and Norway the previous night so I wanted to make sure and catch them. I definitely needed to hit up China to see about some more tea for my SIL. I looped around WS to Germany, taking pictures as I went.

Some decorations on the bridge before France.

A very bad picture of Morocco.

A Snowman at the American Pavilion.

And that was all the photos I took walking WS that night. I stopped in the Germany stores to look around. I was not expecting to find any kind of tea which I did not but I did buy something in the glass store. Pretty much every trip, I bring some Pluto figurine home from there. But with all the trips I had done lately, I’d really exhausted my options and I didn’t see anything new with Pluto on it. Instead I decided to commemorate my new found love of Stitch and got this little guy.

Isn’t he cute? And he was small enough that I wasn’t worried about getting him home with the rest of the stuff I had already purchased.

I walked through the entire China store and could you believe they had no boxed tea for sale? I know they did at one time because I remember my Mom buying some on a previous trip for a co-worker. But now, you can only buy tea by the glass at the Joy of Tea stand. I did find a PP photographer in a new spot and stopped for a picture.

I’m sure I looked around Norway a bit but I took no pictures and have no memory of doing so.

I needed to get my one headliner in for the park so that I could complete the challenge so I headed towards Test Track. I knew Soarin’ would be way too long of a wait but I figured I could do the single rider line on TT. The wait time said 35 minutes but I was on in less than 20. So I did get my #4 picture. My hair always does interesting things on this ride.

After Test Track, I decided it was time for dessert. I didn’t have anything at the Fish Shop because their dessert is very limited and I had something else in mind. And this time it wasn’t a cupcake! I headed into The Land building and picked up a piece of Chocolate Mousse Cake at Sunshine Seasons.

Yum! Another one of my favorite desserts at WDW.

It was almost 9 pm at this point and I’m afraid I was spent. My feet were actually numb at this point which wasn’t necessarily a bad thing, but I knew I had one last long day ahead of me. I had pretty much accomplished what I wanted to do on this day so I decided to call it a night.

I headed towards the exit stopping for one last set of PP pictures. These turned out pretty bad as they are super blurry. And check out the weird shadows.

Once again Stitch was patiently waiting for me back in the room. I really loved coming home to see him each night.

I packed a little bit since the next day was my last and then headed to bed around 11 pm.

I did quite a bit more pin trading this day than the last few days. I actually already had the Pluto one but the CM I traded with was just so excited that she had a Pluto pin for me I took it any way.

So here’s a quick recap of my 4 park day:

I rode 12 rides, Space Mountain, Buzz Lightyear, Jingle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, It’s a Small World, Little Mermaid, Primeval Whirl, Expedition Everest, the Safari, Toy Story Mania and Test Track.

I met 18 characters, Pluto, Stitch, Chip and Dale twice, Goofy, Donald twice, Pocahontas, Jasmine, Aladdin, Snow White, Bert, Mary Poppins, Minnie Mouse, Frozone and Mr. Incredible.

I had lunch at Be Our Guest, a drink at Wandering Oakens Trading Post, dinner at Yorkshire Fish Shop and dessert at Sunshine Seasons.

I also saw one show, Festival of the Lion King, walked the Maharajah Jungle Trek and shopped a bit around World Showcase. All in all a very successful day and a whole lot of fun.

Up Next: How Can it Be the Last Day Already?

I like the bonus HS pics!

That woman sounds so strange, sorry that happened!

Love all the holiday decorations. And the Stitch you bought is so adorable!

You really had a successful day and accomplished so much! I'm happy it was such a fun day for you.

One of these trips I'll do four parks in a day. That fish looks really good. I have always wanted to get some but just never have.

That lady does sound creepy.

Great photopass pictures! Love the test track one. You really did a lot that day so I can understand why you called it a day when you did.

What a fabulous four park day!!! Whenever I hear people talking about trying this, they always seem SO rushed, but you really didn't seem to have to keep up a break-neck pace or anything. This makes it seem totally do-able. Good work :)

Note to self: Go to Germany and get that Stitch. He is so cute!

That lady definitely sounds creepy. I probably would have snarfed my food & bolted too, but I seem to be a weirdo magnet.

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! I can only imagine how wore out you were. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the last day.

What an odd lady! o_O It appears she may have had a few issues, so it's probably best that you were able to bolt before her return to your bench.

That's chocolate mousse cake looks SO GOOD! :worship:

Congratulations on four parks in one day! :thumbsup2 You were so successful at not only visiting them but riding on so many rides (including at least one headliner in each park!) and seeing so many characters. I've been in three parks in one day, but one day I'll have to aim for all four.

Ahhh the friendship boats. I love them so.

That lady sounds a little odd, yeah. Maybe she was lonely. Or drunk? :laughing:

Anyways. Congrats on achieving your goal! 4 parks woo!!!

Congratulations on a 4 park day! :thumbsup2

That fish and chips looks really good right now...my mouth is watering!

I love the PP shot in China. I'm sorry there wasn't any boxed tea in the shop - how strange!

Your 4 park day was awesome!!

I love your Stitch...Stitches? I love them both, whatever the correct plural form is!

That lady...my first thought was that it sounds just like something a friend of my MIL would do. And that friend lives in Orlando, so maybe it was her, LOL!!

The photopass shot in China is so pretty! I hope that one is available on our trip.

I like the bonus HS pics!

That woman sounds so strange, sorry that happened!

Love all the holiday decorations. And the Stitch you bought is so adorable!

You really had a successful day and accomplished so much! I'm happy it was such a fun day for you.

Thanks! I still can't remember when I stopped to get those pictures.

She was definitely a little odd and made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

It really did turn out to be a super fund day.

One of these trips I'll do four parks in a day. That fish looks really good. I have always wanted to get some but just never have.

That lady does sound creepy.

Great photopass pictures! Love the test track one. You really did a lot that day so I can understand why you called it a day when you did.

Four parks was a lot of fun and easy to do being solo. And yes, you should try that fish someday, it's really good.

Creepy definitely described her!

I really just could not go on any longer that night. I really wanted to catch some of the Epcot EMHs but after going since 8 am I was done.

What a fabulous four park day!!! Whenever I hear people talking about trying this, they always seem SO rushed, but you really didn't seem to have to keep up a break-neck pace or anything. This makes it seem totally do-able. Good work :)

I really never did feel rushed and I actually did more at MK and AK than I thought I would. Being solo helped a lot too because I never had the "standing around deciding what to do next" problem.

Note to self: Go to Germany and get that Stitch. He is so cute!

That lady definitely sounds creepy. I probably would have snarfed my food & bolted too, but I seem to be a weirdo magnet.

Congratulations on finishing the challenge! I can only imagine how wore out you were. Can't wait to see what you have in store for the last day.

You can actually get that little Stitch in a few different places. MK has it in the glass shop on Main Street and also Arribas brothers in DTD and the Mexico Pavilion.

Most people I meet and talk to on my solo trips have been wonderful. This was one of the times though that it was not so wonderful.

I was definitely tired at that point and I knew how much I had planned for the next day so it was a good decision to call it a night.

Catching up! I've been enjoying all the pics and all your interactions. Last day? :(

Thanks, I had a really great time during this trip. Yep, last day coming up.

What an odd lady! o_O It appears she may have had a few issues, so it's probably best that you were able to bolt before her return to your bench.

That's chocolate mousse cake looks SO GOOD! :worship:

Congratulations on four parks in one day! :thumbsup2 You were so successful at not only visiting them but riding on so many rides (including at least one headliner in each park!) and seeing so many characters. I've been in three parks in one day, but one day I'll have to aim for all four.

Yep, she definitely was odd and I wasn't about to stick around longer than I did.

It is delicious! Very tasty and moist.

I did great at MK and AK but HS and Epcot were a little slower thanks to the crowds. I didn't find hitting all four to be hard at all but I did have great bus luck for the most part.

Ahhh the friendship boats. I love them so.

That lady sounds a little odd, yeah. Maybe she was lonely. Or drunk? :laughing:

Anyways. Congrats on achieving your goal! 4 parks woo!!!

I love riding the boats at Disney too. Such a relaxing way to get around.

Hmmmm, never considered that she might have had a few too many around WS. It definitely could have been a possibility.

Thanks, I had a really fun day!

Congratulations on a 4 park day! :thumbsup2

That fish and chips looks really good right now...my mouth is watering!

I love the PP shot in China. I'm sorry there wasn't any boxed tea in the shop - how strange!

I could definitely go for some of those fish and chips right now.

I was really surprised to not find boxed tea in the China store. I was counting on finding something there.

Your 4 park day was awesome!!

I love your Stitch...Stitches? I love them both, whatever the correct plural form is!

That lady...my first thought was that it sounds just like something a friend of my MIL would do. And that friend lives in Orlando, so maybe it was her, LOL!!

The photopass shot in China is so pretty! I hope that one is available on our trip.

Not sure what the plural of Stitch would be? But I really liked both of the ones I got on that trip.

Maybe I did run into your MIL's friend. Something was definitely a little off about her.

That's the first time I've seen a PP at that spot in China. I love finding them in new spots and I hope one is there when you go.

How Can it Be the Last Day Already? Part 1

My original plan for my final day was to start off with morning EMHs at HS, lunch at Tutto Italia in Epcot, back to the room for a break/packing and then evening EMHs (till 3 am!) at MK. But I was really hooked on the Character Paloosas this time and wanted to do one more before I left. So instead of getting up early, I slept in a bit and forgot about the morning EMHs at HS. Surprisingly, I felt I had ridden TSM enough times and didn’t need to hit it up again. I think it got a tiny bit boring on this trip with no one to compete against besides myself.

I ended up sleeping in till about 8 am (yay do not disturb sign!). Unfortunately when I got up this was on my door.

The Un-Magical Express would be picking me up at 9:45 am the next day. But at least I had one more day to enjoy my happy place.

I had an 11:30 am ADR at Tutto Italia so I left the room around 9:30 and headed to the bus stop. Once again I walked straight onto a bus and was at Epcot by 10 am. I had some of the best bus luck this trip.

My first photo of the day was this one that I’m pretty sure I took with my cell phone.

Since I was so early I figured I might as well go see my favorite dog for the 7th time. Once again he loved all of my Pluto gear. I wore my glow in the dark shirt on this day since I planned on evening EMHs at MK.

I’m really starting to forget stuff about this trip but I know I walked through Mouse Gears next. I still hadn’t purchased a frame for my trip photo yet and I wanted to look at them again. I’m sure I didn’t get the frame at this moment because I wouldn’t want to carry it all day. I probably picked it up on the way out of HS later that afternoon or maybe back at the resort gift shop. But I’ll post it here since I can’t remember.

I thought that one was pretty perfect for whichever Pluto photo I decided to frame.

As I exited out of Mouse Gears, I saw another Marching Band and stopped to watch. I was surprised to see that they were from my home state of PA although I didn’t know where the town was.

Originally I was going to take the boat across to Germany to save some steps but it wasn’t running yet so I walked instead. I made it to Norway and hit a rope there as WS wasn’t quite open yet.

I noticed at this point that it was already getting hot. This turned out to be the hottest day of my trip and the black shirt I picked probably wasn’t the best choice.

The rope dropped right at 11 am and I slowly made my way back towards Italy. I stopped for a bit in Germany to watch the trains.

I made it to Italy and did a very quick walk through of the stores. The perfume is so strong that it bothers my allergies and I can’t stay long. Plus I find this store a bit on the creepy side.

These Mickey and Minnie ornaments were pretty though.

I was still too early for my ADR so I found a bench in the shade near the fountain and sat for a few minutes.

When I did check in, I was seated immediately. The first thing they bring you is some olives. I forgot they do this or I would have told them not to bother because I don’t like them.

They also bring out a plate of breads which I enjoyed.

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
How Can it Be the Last Day Already? Part 2

For my meal, I got Spaghetti and Meatballs.

This was delicious and I ate every bite. I think the only teeny tiny complaint I have of the restaurant is that the service is almost too good. The waiters pretty much hover over you and the room I was in actually had a server just to refill drinks. I would barely take a sip of my soda and the guy would be there refilling. Not really a bad thing but they could probably tone it down a wee bit. Maybe it was because of the time of day, the restaurant was pretty empty.

As I left Italy, I took some more pictures.

As I was walking away, I saw a film crew headed the opposite direction so I snuck a quick photo.

No idea what they were up too and I didn’t stick around to find out because I was headed to the American pavilion to see the 12:30 pm Voices of Liberty show. I got there pretty early and found a seat on one of the benches. I know they encourage you to sit on the floor but I wasn’t sure how that would work with my ankle. I might have needed help to get back up and that could have been awkward.

They did a lot of Christmas songs which was fun. Their singing is out of this world good and if you every get a chance to stop and listen, do it! I even took a short video with my phone (click below).

I didn’t want to go see the American Adventure afterwards so I didn’t follow the crowd upstairs. Instead, I went and checked out the Capital Building gingerbread house. It was pretty neat although not quite as impressive as some of the other gingerbread creations.

Back outside, I stopped for a quick photo of the Christmas tree before moving on.

When I got to Morocco, I decided to save my feet and ankle a bit and took the boat back to FW. I wanted to stop back into Mouse Gears because I knew that they put their pin board out between 1 and 1:30.

I love the weird noise these little black ducks make.

I found nothing to trade for on the MG pin board so I moved on to Innovations and got in line for the Visa Meet and Greet. You can only do this greet if you have a Chase Visa. There was actually quite a line for it but I think I only waited about 10 minutes. I struck up a conversation with the lady in front of me. She was waiting in line while her two “boys” (son and husband) walked around and played the games in that area. They don’t tell you which characters you are going to meet but it’s usually two of the fab 5. Every once in a while it’s only one character and I’ve also seen photos of the rare occasion when it’s three. The first time I did this greet it was with Mom and we only had Mickey. Second time was with DH and we got Goofy and Mickey. I was really hoping for meet #8 with Pluto and when the family in front of me came out, the dad gave me the thumbs up so I knew Pluto was there. But then the CM stopped me and said there was going to be a character change. Boo! No Pluto for me. Instead I got Mickey and Goofy again.

You can get a free photo with the meet but since it was Mickey and Goofy again, I decided not to wait in line and pick up the photo. You have to take a voucher over to the photo shop next to Spaceship Earth to redeem for the photo. If it had been Pluto I’m sure I would have stopped.

It was close to 2 pm at this point and I needed to head out so I could make the 3:35 Character Paloosa at HS. I said one last goodbye to SE and headed out of the park. This would be the last time I was in Epcot during this trip.

Bye Stitch!

Up Next: Character Paloosa #4

Last edited:
Love the photos with Pluto- 7th meet, so impressive!

I'm glad your lunch was good :thumbsup2

OoOoh I love that gingerbread house, very cool.

Aww bummer that they swapped characters right before you went in. The pics with Mickey & Goofy came out cute though!

Can't wait to hear about your fourth Characterpalooza!!

Boohoo the last day.

Looks like a great day so far at epcot.

I've never seen the voices of liberty but I will one day.

I've done the disney visa meet and greet twice and it's been mickey and goofy both times.

Can't wait to hear about another character palooza.

These turned out pretty bad as they are super blurry.
I need to get a job there.. this PP didn't know how to work a camera...

Just cannot take a bad picture of SE.. well unless your that PP... LOL

you did a great job so far and your day before this? HOLY COW you were all over the place! I was tired from reading!!!

Love all your character interactions!!!

Am enjoying your report, and have a question for you -- are you at all uncomfortable traveling solo at Disney? I am seriously considering it for December this year, as I need another Disney fix, especially at Christmas! My DH is okay with Disney, but not a huge fan, and he just went with me this past April and doesn't want to go again so soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter