How Many Times Did I Meet Pluto This Trip? A Dec Solo TR - New TR Link 11/30!

Going Under the Sea and Flying Solo

I seriously considered doing Enchanted Tales with Belle next so I could get a picture with Belle. But the show really is a time sucker even without a line and I wasn’t guaranteed a picture unless I participated in the show which was not something I wanted to do. I just decided to save her for the next time I went and headed to the Little Mermaid Ride instead. The crowds were officially gone and everything from here on out was a walk on.

I needed to fly with my favorite Elephant one last time so I got in line. Or rather I walked through the line to fine no one in front of me. The ride was running but as I watched I realized no one was on it. Empty Elephants:

I thought for sure someone else would walk up behind me but no one did. I was loaded onto a completely empty ride and had a solo flight on Dumbo! Look Ma, no people!

Well that was an awesome, magical experience for sure! It turned out to be one of the highlights of my whole trip. I was so happy to get a solo flight on one of my all time favorite rides.

There was no line for the Barnstormer so I decided to ride it next.

I rode with one other family and we got to go twice in a row because there was no one waiting to board. I could have gone a third time but it was now 2:30 am and I wanted to catch Space Mountain and Buzz Lightyear before the park closed.

I took the back path from Storybook Circus to Tomorrowland and headed to Space Mountain. Boo! It was down. I thought about the TTA but it was already closed. I guess it doesn’t run during evening EMHs. So I decided to try the one ride in Tomorrowland I haven’t done. Well, like the Carousel, I might have ridden it as a child but have no memory. The problem is, the thought of riding this one scared me quite a bit. You see, I’m not very fond of heights. I can handle rides like Expedition Everest because you are strapped down well which makes me feel safe. But you will never catch me on a Ferris Wheel where your feet dangle. One of my dirty little Disney secrets is that Dumbo scares me a little. Yes I ride it every time I go but if I’m alone, I have to make sure I sit all the way to the outside because I hate it when I slide to the left when the ride starts. By now you probably have figured out that the ride I’m talking about in Tomorrowland is the Astro Orbiter. I’ve always avoided it in the past because it’s higher than Dumbo and I’ve read descriptions where people say it feels like you might slide out. But I beat down my inhibitions and got in line.

I only had to wait for the current ride to finish before we were loaded onto the elevators and taken up to the ride. I took two pictures before we took off but after that I was hanging on for dear life.

I was definitely not a fan but at least now I can say I have ridden it. It’s most likely a one and done for me! I need to go back and double check but I'm pretty sure I've now ridden every ride in MK at least once since 2010. I also think I've seen every show except for Dream Along with Mickey.

Space Mountain was still down when I got off so I headed to Buzz Lightyear for one last spin. I got a pretty good score too considering how late it was and how delirious I was at this point.

There was a ride photo this time but it was not in my PP account when I got home. It really was not worth sending an e-mail to Disney to try to recover it so I didn’t bother. It still seems to be hit or miss with the ride photos making it to your account. What I did this trip was to take a picture of the number so if I did need to contact Disney to recover one I had it to give to them.

I walked back over to SM after the ride and all the CMs were outside standing in a line doing the wave. Obviously the ride was not going to reopen that night. It was about 2:50 am at this point so I decided to head towards Main Street.

Up Next: A Kiss Goodnight and The End

Last edited:
What a night in the Magic Kingdom! That's so cool that you got to ride Dumbo all alone I would've loved that. I have never done Astro orbiter yet but at least you can cross it off the list.

Yay for walk-ons! How cool that you got your own private Dumbo ride!

Bummer that you didn't get to ride Space, but at least you crossed Astro-Orbiter off your list! I've never been on that myself!

How AWESOME are your Dumbo pictures!?! :dumbo: I LOVE the angles you got of their little faces all in a row flying behind you! Definitely more magical this way than if they were filled with random strangers. Love it! Looking forward to the Kiss Goodnight. I always read about it, but have never experienced it myself. Someday, I hope!!!!

You can never go wrong with a trip under the sea. :thumbsup2

A solo Dumbo ride?! That's too cool! I can definitely see why that was so magical for you!

Ughhh never again on Astro Orbiter for me, either. Noooo. I wouldn't even do it at Disneyland and it's the same height as Dumbo there! I just don't like it. :lmao:

Love the Little Mermaid pictures - it's one of my favorite rides at MK!

How cool that you got a solo Dumbo ride - true Disney magic!

I'm sorry Space Mountain was down! And I am just so so on Astro Orbiter. We did it and enjoyed it but it has the same appeal as Dumbo and isn't nearly as charming!

Excited to read about your last minutes at MK!

Astro Orbiter :scared: What was it like riding it? The height is what is keeping me from getting on.

No Kidding!! this will be our rope drop run in November!

NO FLIPPING WAY!

Never did it... Don't know if i ever will... your brave!

I can't wait to see the PP line again with all of the interactive stuff working!

Yep, Dumbo all to myself!

I'm not sure if it was me being brave or just that I was too delirious at that point to care anymore.

What a night in the Magic Kingdom! That's so cool that you got to ride Dumbo all alone I would've loved that. I have never done Astro orbiter yet but at least you can cross it off the list.

It was a wonderful last night, especially the solo flight on Dumbo.

Yep, Astor Orbiter is crossed of the list and I am done with the ride I think.

Yay for walk-ons! How cool that you got your own private Dumbo ride!

Bummer that you didn't get to ride Space, but at least you crossed Astro-Orbiter off your list! I've never been on that myself!

It was very cool to be by myself on Dumbo!

I was so bummed that Space Mountain was down. That's the second time I've had that happen to me during evening EMHs.

How AWESOME are your Dumbo pictures!?! :dumbo: I LOVE the angles you got of their little faces all in a row flying behind you! Definitely more magical this way than if they were filled with random strangers. Love it! Looking forward to the Kiss Goodnight. I always read about it, but have never experienced it myself. Someday, I hope!!!!

Thanks, I was very pleased with the Dumbo pictures. You never get them to line up like that when people are on them!

You can never go wrong with a trip under the sea. :thumbsup2

A solo Dumbo ride?! That's too cool! I can definitely see why that was so magical for you!

Ughhh never again on Astro Orbiter for me, either. Noooo. I wouldn't even do it at Disneyland and it's the same height as Dumbo there! I just don't like it. :lmao:

I always love a visit to Ariel especially when there is no line.

Yep, I was completely by myself on Dumbo at 2:30 am! It was quite the experience.

I definitely did not enjoy the Astro Orbiter but at least now I can say I've tried it.

Love the Little Mermaid pictures - it's one of my favorite rides at MK!

How cool that you got a solo Dumbo ride - true Disney magic!

I'm sorry Space Mountain was down! And I am just so so on Astro Orbiter. We did it and enjoyed it but it has the same appeal as Dumbo and isn't nearly as charming!

Excited to read about your last minutes at MK!

I do really enjoy the Little Mermaid Ride. I took a lot less pictures this time probably because I already have so many of that ride.

It was a very magical night all around!

Astro Orbiter :scared: What was it like riding it? The height is what is keeping me from getting on.

Not that fun. It definitely does not feel safe at all! It goes up like Dumbo but as a bit of an angle so you feel like you are going to fall out at any minute. Definitely did not care for it.

What a great final night!

It was a wonderful night and it's not quite finished yet!

A Kiss Goodnight and The End Part 1

One show I had never seen at MK was the Kiss Goodnight that sometimes plays at the end of the night. Since I was determined to actually stay in the park till 3 am, I thought I would stick around and see if I could catch the show. I stopped for one last set of PP pictures while I was waiting. Only one of the pictures came out, the other one was really dark.

I also took some pictures to pass the time.

And then the show started. It’s just a short show where the castle changes colors and they play “When You Wish Upon a Star”. There’s also a brief announcement about the park closing. My pictures really don’t do the show justice, so here’s a video of it that someone posted on You Tube if you would like to see it.

Kiss Goodnight:

Continued in Next Post

Last edited:
A Kiss Goodnight and The End Part 2

After the show was over I turned and slowly made my way down Main Street taking more pictures as I walked.

Goodbye my castle, I will see you again someday.

It was 3:05 am when I exited MK for the last time on this trip. It was bittersweet because I had no idea when I’d be back again. 2014 was an exceptional year, I got to go to WDW four times. I seriously doubt that will happen again. Right now I have no concrete plans to go back other than a vague idea of doing a quick Star Wars weekend sometime in May next year. And that is probably wishful thinking at this point because May is a hard time for both Jim and I to get off of work.

I just missed a bus when I got to the stop but another one came quickly and I was back in the room by 3:45 am. I decided to shower and pack up some of my toiletries so I didn’t have to do it when I woke up. I ended up hitting the bed somewhere around 4:15 am.

I traded for several pins that evening at MK.

I took no photos on the last day so I’m just going to tack that on to the end of this update. I set my alarm for 7:30 because I wanted to get a Mickey waffle for breakfast. I hadn’t had one all week since I was eating breakfast in my room. But either my alarm didn’t go off or I turned it off and fell back to sleep. I’m not sure what woke me up around 8:30 but thank goodness something did! The bus was picking me up at 9:45! I flew around the room in a panic getting ready and finishing up the last minute packing. Thank goodness I showered the night before! There would be no Mickey waffle for me, I ended up shoveling down a final bowl of cereal as I got ready.

I left the room around 9 am and made it over to the luggage check to find the line about 40 people deep. It looked like I would be taking my luggage to the airport to check. But I got in line any way and a minute later, a CM came through the line asking everyone if they were with the group. Apparently most of the line was all one group. The CM pulled me up to the front and I was able to check my bags.

My bus came right on time and I made it to the airport without further incident. I got some McDonald’s for lunch around 11 am and then worked on finishing my notes from the trip. I mostly dozed on the flight home because I was still pretty tired from the night before.

And that folks, is another TR in the bag for me. But since I don’t have another one going or one to start, I’ve decided to drag this one out a little further. I will be headed out of town this Saturday to visit my Mom and other family in Pennsylvania. I will be gone a week and then I will have to get caught up at work so it will probably be about two weeks before the next update. First up will be an accounting of all the characters I have met since 2010. I was curious to see how many I had met over the last 5 years so I’ve put together a list. After that I think I will do some recaps of all my meals if anyone is interested. So stick around a while longer, I’ll see you all in a few weeks!

Up Next: All the Characters I’ve Met

Love the nighttime photos. I'm glad you were able to see the Kiss Goodnight!

Such a sad feeling leaving MK for the last time of the trip :( But you were a trooper staying until 3am!!

Yikes, good thing you're internal clock woke you up! Sorry you couldn't get that Mickey waffle.

Glad you're extending this TR a little longer ;) Have a great time in PA!

I don't think I have commented, but thanks for sharing your trip report! Nice job staying up until 3am to close down Magic Kingdom!

Oh no it's over! :sad:

I have never seen the kiss goodnight and that's definitely on my Disney bucket list.

It was another fantastic trip report! Loved following along every minute of it and can't wait for you to talk about all the characters you've met.

I sure hope you get back to WDW soon so we can all follow along in another trip report.

Yay for an extension on the TR!! I love when people tack on extra tidbits :)

LOVE your nighttime MK pictures and got all teared up at the video from the Kiss Goodnight!! What a perfect way to end your evening.

Sorry you had to rush around like crazy your last morning!! I am such a planner--that would have turned me into a lunatic! At least you only had yourself to get ready :) Enjoy your trip! We'll be awaiting the Character list upon your return :wave2:

"Officially" following along, at the very end. :confused3 I guess that's what happens when you lurk around the DIS for a year before getting the "you know whats" to finally start posting!

Great pics on Peter Pan- that is one ride I just cannot get the hang of- it's too dark and goes to fast, plus the weird angles of everything being beneath you. I just wind up with neon blurs.

I cannot believe you haven't seen Dream Along with Mickey! That is one of my TOP shows, ever! I could watch it over and over and make whoever is with me watch it at least once per time in MK. Not once per trip- once per MK visit! When I was a CM in Entertainment, we all wanted to get our Equity cards so we could perform in that show!

Have a great trip home, and I'll be following along to see all your characters! pluto:pooh::stitch2::mickeyjumpluto:

giphy.gif

IT CAN'T BE!!!!!!! Your trip is done!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!?!?!? :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

What a bummer, I have so enjoyed following this TR, I loooooooove, love, love your solo trip. It's relaxing to read your TR when you're flying solo and you can easily adjust your plans and roll with everything....

Man, oh man. I am so glad you woke up in time to get to the airport! EEEP! :scared1: Seems like it all worked out though, and you didn't have to drag all your bags through the airport, so that's always nice.

I so wish you had a PTR or something to do while there are no TR's to write, but I guess I will just have to wait until you have some Disney plans again. In the mean time you know where I will be in November if you feel like a 4 hour trip to the smokies for a Dis meet! :thumbsup2

I will be sticking around to see all your fun wrap up posts! See you in a couple weeks!! :hug:

Oh, the Kiss Goodnight is so wonderful. Simple, but meaningful. Love it.

There will always be another Mickey waffle in the future! :)

Ooh, a big character list! Ya know, I'm actually really interested in stuff like that. I just find it interesting! So yay! Have a great trip!

Awwwww....it's so sad when trips are over. :guilty::sad::sad2: It sounds like you had a truly wonderful trip (but then again, any trip to WDW is wonderful IMHO). We aren't planning another trip until 2016 and more than likely won't be back for another couple of years so I feel your pain. It's lovely to have all those memories though.

I can't wait to see how many characters you have managed meet throughout the years!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter