how many times at Palo?

fcrouch

Mouseketeer
On a three day Wonder cruise in 2005, we booked the REAS package (which guaranteed us one dinner a Palo) - then we made the effort to get on board early - and we made a second reservation for Palo. We were happy.

This March, on a 7 day magic cruise, we again booked the REAS package (which to my way of thinking in effect "bought" us one guaranteed dinner at Palo - and booked our REAS Palo dinner on line). We then got on board as early as we could, got in line to make Palo reservations and were told we could only make one reservation. Others (our dining companions at dinner who did have more than one dinner reservation at Palo - and not because they had two cabins or anything) then told us that had we insisted we wanted to make a reservation and refused to take no for an answer, we would have been given the reservation - that's what they did. Personally, I'd eat in Palos every night (and pay the premium every night) if I could -

so, do you think that if you buy the REAS package you should then be able to book a second Palo dinner if you stand in line then like everyone else - or am I off base?

Frankly, I think you are "off base," as you put it. REAS assures you of one night at Palo. Not every cabin is able to book even one night.

The more appropriate way to get a second night is to ask to be placed on the waiting list in case there are any cancellations, last minute or otherwise. They do keep a waiting list just because not everyone gets even one night. That way, everyone gets a fair chance of getting their first night, and if there are any spaces left, people who want them can get a second.

As to your dining companions, bullying a CM isn't appropriate, especially when you are asking them to bend the rules.

You obviously can book one dinner, one brunch, and one tea.

ITA that it was not appropriate for your tablemates to intimidate the CMs. The REAS package allows you to book everything including Palo at 105 days instead of the 90 or 75 for other cruisers (except for concierge of course). That itself is a huge advantage since Palo brunch fills up so quickly. You can always put your name on a wait list for any other nights and they will call you if there is an opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter