1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

How Many Sleeps Until Disney Mommy?! August 2009 PTR **WE'RE BACK!!!**

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by Mickey_Mom, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

:wave2: Hey there. Nope, you haven't missed anything. My teenage son's social schedule has taken over my "me-time" so no recent DIS-ing. I'm now helping him prepare a tent sleepover for 10 or so people tomorrow. :upsidedow

He's meeting friends to go bowling tonite so there's a small chance I could sneak in an update. :laughing:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. cjackearl

cjackearl DIS Veteran

I KNOW you slowed down just so I could catch up so thank you!;)

AK day, if you get a chance I would definitely check out the AKL. It's so well themed! We had dinner at Sanaa and enjoyed watching the giraffes grazing while we grazed.

Epcot-Oh, I wish we would have known the secret about pushing all the buttons on Mission Space. I would have encouraged one of the girls to do it just to get them in trouble with Lieutenant Dan.:rotfl:

Your Father's Day picnic was a great idea and what a beautiful location.:cloud9:

Ooh, sleepover for 10!:scared1:Is it in your yard? I'll pray for good weather so everyone can stay outdoors.:laughing:

4. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

:rotfl2: Yep, the sleepover is planned for our back yard but we have quite a large lot surrounded by trees so it will be very dark and very quiet and very away from the house so I'm not sure everyone will last all night in the tents. :scared1: I've been checking the weather and tomorrow night is supposed to be the only night it doesn't rain! Thanks for the prayers! :goodvibes

5. cjackearl

cjackearl DIS Veteran

Ok, all caught up.:thumbsup2 Your trip plans sound super fun. Shopping and water parks and Chef Mickey celebrations, plus sleeping in and night time in the MK.:cloud9:

I can't wait to hear some more.popcorn::

6. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

:goodvibes I am SO excited!!!

7. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

:cool1: Mickey Mail!! :woohoo: Mickey Mail!! :cool1: Mickey Mail!!

Thanks to the awesome generosity of MinnieNurse, my Canadian family was able to get customized maps and they arrived today!!!! :banana: Of course I grabbed my camera for some reaction shots :rotfl:

[​IMG]
    We soooo have to sit and watch Fantasia 2000 again!

[​IMG]
    The exploration begins!!

[​IMG]
    I think they're a hit!

[​IMG]
    Touchdown!

Up next.... an overdue update with fun pics!

8. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

WOOT for Mickey Mail!! :banana: :woohoo: :banana:

9. jenjolt

jenjolt Loves All Things Disney!

I love it when I get Disney stuff in the mail I just LOVE IT!!! And you guys looked so excited to get your mail!! YAY!!!

10. Angies1274

Angies1274 DIS Veteran

Yay for Mickey mail!!!:yay::dance3::yay:

Very cute picture of your son!!! He looks soooooo excited!!!:thumbsup2

11. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

In my last update, I said next up would be a day of rest. Hopefully at this point of our trip we are verrrrry rested, because our big plans for...

Day 8!!

.... are nothing. No plans, no ADRs, no parks, nothing. Seriously. No really.

Ok, ok, ok, that does sound boring doesn't it? Well last year we planned a nothing day to spend just at our resort and it was one of the more memorably relaxing days. We just wandered the resort and swam in the pool and leisurely ate lunch poolside and just did whatever the heck we wanted.

And to be perfectly fair, we did head out near the end of the evening to Epcot to watch Illuminations and ended up getting a walk in dinner at the Coral Reef Restaurant. :cheer2: Chances are we'll try something like that again but we won't stress if we don't get in. We'll just watch the fireworks of a park we may end up at and maybe do some more souvenier shopping. Its EMH at MK again on this day so who knows?

And that's it! But what would a good update be without pictures?? I decided I wanted to post some of my favorite pics from past parades.

Fun fun fun!! Let's start with Magic Kingdom shall we?

12. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

We had a great angle for taking pictures, on a corner. It seemed to be coming straight towards us and then was very close as it passed by. :lovestruc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up.... Animal Kingdom!

13. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

We saw this parade for the first time last year and unfortunately it was soooooo hot that day we didn't get to really enjoy it. :scared: I hope this year to be more prepared for it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LOVE Goofy's hood ornament! Next up..... The Block Party Parade!

14. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

This was new last year and we had a blast. I forgot that Woody and Jessie were in it!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Green Army Guy was stopped in front of us when they paused to sing and dance. Loads of fun!

Last up... a different view of the MK parade and Spectro!!

15. MinnieNurse

MinnieNurse DIS Veteran

Wow, they got there quick.

I am so glad he liked them!!! :banana::banana:

16. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

We were in MK grabbing lunch at the CS place (can't remember the name?) across from Splash Mountain when the parade started up. Turns out the outdoor section of the restaurant was a fairly decent viewing spot if you didn't mind standing on the wall! :rotfl: A bit of a different perspective anyway, and some of the characters came right up to Ariana and held her hand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Mr. Smeeee!!!

[​IMG]

And then of course, our favorite of them all.... Spectro Magic! :love: On this particular night, we had grabbed a spot on the street in the roped off area to watch and the DH went to Cosmic Ray's. He came back with a few trays and we ate while waiting for the parade to start. :thumbsup2

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Isn't that wispy smoke cool?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And so ends today's stroll down parade lane. Hope you had fun!

17. MinnieNurse

MinnieNurse DIS Veteran

Spectro is the best parade in the whole universe. :cloud9:

18. Lady Lallie

Lady Lallie DIS Veteran

Oh my! I really have loved the parade pictures! :goodvibes

Spectro is the absolute best parade EVER. :cloud9: Your pictures are so amazing!

19. MinnieNurse

MinnieNurse DIS Veteran

Hey LL & MM take a look at my ticker. :thumbsup2

:yay::hyper::hyper::hyper2::hyper2:

This is how I look most of the day. I have been busy making shirts, getting friction block, buying a misting fan, got some goggles for DS.....

DH is laughing I am so hyper I am just bippity boppiting from one thing to the next.

I got DH and DS a appointment for Pirate League so I will have to report how that goes.

20. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

Absolutely! :goodvibes

We've lucked out with some great shots that's for sure!

:woohoo: You are soooo close! I'd say I'm jealous.... but I'm close too!!! :lmao: So no wench this time eh? :laughing: Can't wait to hear!

21. Mickey_Mom

Mickey_Mom DIS Veteran

:dance3: :jumping1: :dance3: