• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many refrigerators do you have? how old are they

wishesuponastar

DIS Veteran
We had one of our own when we moved in our home plus the owner left one. We keep both of them in our kitchen. One fridge is at least 16 years old and the other is about 13 yrs old.

I'm currently living in my deceased parents' house looking to put it on the market soon. Recently redid the entire kitchen, so the refrigerator is three months old.

In "my" house, the main fridge is about 3 years old. There is also a smallish dorm-style refrigerator in the garage for extra beverages or to thaw a turkey, etc. That's about 10 years old.

Last edited:
Three.

One in the kitchen, about 18 months old. One in the basement, about 9 months old.

One in the garage that we didn't need and aways thought we would sell once we moved here - about 13 years old. Been sitting in the garage for the past 5.

2.....the real fridge in the kitchen and my DH's fridge for beer in the barn. :)

We have two full size fridges. The one in our kitchen is about 16 years old and the one in our garage has to be at least 35 years old. It's the pop/beer fridge.

2......big one in house. 2008 when house was built
smaller one in garage.....2010 when we moved here and needed to store more food and drinks

The one we left in WA when we moved was over 50 years old!

This is the house one
images

Last edited:

Regular kitchen fridge 9 years old
Stand up freezer in the basement 7 yrs old
Fridge/freezer combo in the basement 4 years old.

I like to stock up at costco so love my stand up freezer and I hate having to come upstairs to get a drink when I'm in the basement so we added another fridge down there. We have double ovens upstairs, but I'd wish we would have just put in another full kitchen downstairs. It would be so nice to have it for holidays.

Just one in the kitchen. It was here when we bought our house 4.5 years ago and I have no idea how old it is.

Kitchen fridge purchased new in 2000

Garage fridge purchased used maybe 10 years ago (age unknown)

Dorm fridge in garage hand me down, is probably 10 years old.

We have a total of 3.

1 - Main refrigerator in kitchen is side by side and is about 5 years old.
2 - Smaller traditional fridge with freezer on top was here when we bought the house and we moved it to the garage and use it to store extra beverages (not sure on age, but at least 12 since that is how long we have been in house).
3 - Mini (dorm size) fridge in SO's shed/shop (separate building from main house) is probably about 8 years old.

Just one. It's about five years old. We have no luck with them so I'd be surprised if we got to ten years with it. I think since we've been married we've gone thru about five or six of them. Crazy. My mom has a fridge in her basement that she bought over 60 years ago. It's a GE and it's been through ALOT. It's pretty neat looking too.

We have three total. The kitchen fridge is 20 years old. The extra fridge in the basement is about 6 years old. The dorm fridge in the garage is about 15 years old.

We've pretty much always had a second fridge. We go through quite a bit of milk each week so I need the space. It's nice to have the space available. If it gets empty, I fill it with beer. The garage fridge is used in the summer for beer.

One fridge in the kitchen, not quite a year old, our 20 year old GE bit the dust last fall. We have a small chest freezer in the cellar, for when I find good buys on meat..or on turkeys, which I found today for $.63 a lb!

3. in the kitchen 2 years old in the garage 20 years old basement 10 years

One (large) full-sized fridge in the kitchen (~6 yrs old)
One upright large freezer in the garage (10yrs? It was my SIL's)
One smallish chest freezer in the basement (10yrs? came with the house)

We get 1/4 of a cow at a time, plus whole chickens, that's in the garage freezer, then frozen produce, bread (I stock up), etc in the basement. When we're near the end of the meat or the freezers are down to half, I combine and unplug one until we restock - so it's about 9 months a year we run both.

I had no idea it was so common to have multiple fridges. Do you guys have a lot of kids.

It's just my son (8) and I and we have plenty of room to spare in our one fridge/freezer. It came with the house when I bought it last year. I think it was purchased in 2007?

5 in our family, but we usually have most of the family /holiday parties and my kids always have lots of friends over. I am always overstocked on drinks, snacks and food in general. It is nice to have the extra room for that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter