How many points do most people have?

We started out with 280 but now we are down to 65 points. We have limited vacation time off and want to spend more time traveling abroad.

360 total at AKV (200 point contract + 160 point contract) with June UY. I decided to buy both at the same resort so I can book extended family vacations at 11 months (4 reservations at once). I can see myself selling one later and buying a different resort. But I love AKV. I'll always keep one contract there.

We have 550 points. 250 at AKV, 200 at BWV and 100 at SSR. We live close, about 45 minutes away, and we like to go a lot. We stay about 20 nights a year in mostly one bedrooms. We do take family and get two bedrooms once a year. All contracts are December UY.

We bought 200 AKV direct thinking it would be enough for a once bedroom once a year. However, we got developer points banked first year points and stayed in a 2 bedroom from the get go. That spoiled us! We were able to keep doing that because of the banked points for a few years. Then we added on 100 points resale at BWV. This seems enough to allow us 2 trips a year for now - one in studio and one in a 2 bedroom.

Those of you who go to Disney so often, do you travel to other places as well? What kind of job do you have that is so flexible? DH gets 4 weeks of vacation a year and we still can't fit in (or afford) all the travel we'd like to take in a year.
I'm an RN shift worker. 12 hour shifts, 3 shifts/week is full time. I'm on a fixed, rotating schedule. Every four weeks, I work S/M/Tu one week and Th/F/S the next week. That gives me 8 days off in a row in between (W/Th/F/S/S/M/Tu/W) roughly every month. The weekend back from the 8 off is the only weekend I work every 4 weeks.

We have 252 BCV points and 168 PVB fixed week points for a total of 420. Plan is use the fixed week points for F&W, and use the BCV points for a 1BR in the Spring. Sounds counterintuitive not to use BCV for F&W, doesn't it? PVB is an EPCOT resort, wait and see.

We do travel other places. I found a great rate on SW round trip Dallas to D.C. ($54/ each way), so we are taking home schooled DD7 to visit the National Mall and Smithsonians as a field trip later this month.

8 days off each month and a home schooled child opens up amazing opportunities.

350 pts. All resale. Started off with 250 OKW in 2008, just added on 100pts at BWV in 2014. Plan to use the BWV ones for Food and Wine or Thanksgiving trips every other year. We like to take friends/family with us every other year (getting a 2BR vs the studio we get for just us) and we were having a hard time managing it with 250 pts, especially as we're always borrowing some points.

started with 150 at OKW
to get in on the start of VGC.....120 points there
then wanted VWL for holiday time every couple of years.....so 100 points there
real estate market dropped, we wanted more points, so added 250 more at OKW and 130 more at VGC
Totaling 750 points

We alternate years between WDW and DLR, staying at least 3 times a year.
We also do travel other places. We have a 3 week cruise booked in Aug (not Disney).
I love vacation, love to travel and love all the planning

Those of you who go to Disney so often, do you travel to other places as well? What kind of job do you have that is so flexible? DH gets 4 weeks of vacation a year and we still can't fit in (or afford) all the travel we'd like to take in a year.
DH gets 3 weeks vacation, plus holidays--usually our Disney vacations will include a holiday, so he'll use at most 4 days of vacation/trip. We buy a DVC AP every other year--so we will go 3 times in 10 months and then have a 14 month break before the next cycle begins. During the 14 month break, we'll take a 2 week trip over the summer to visit national parks around the country. Every year we will take car trips (to the beach or mountains), being away 2-3 nights at a time, so maybe taking 1 vacation day or it will be over a holiday weekend. We will visit friends at the beach, but otherwise don't travel with other people (unless they're coming on one of our trips.)

Multiple polls have been done on this. The average member has about 300 points

total 550 points
first bought 240 BWV in 1999, added 60 BCV & 100 SSR within a few years - all direct. silly us, we "assumed" 400pts would be enough.......
fast forward, and we never have enough BWV to book at 11months, & have found it increasingly difficult to get our beloved BWV BW view studios at 7 months (using BCV/SSR points).
so, we just added (resale) another 150 BWV points :cool1:
it's usually DD & I in may, DH & I in oct (each 11-13 nights).....then maybe one more trip between. i'm kinda excited to not be in a constant state of borrowing - haven't been in that position in over a decade :blush:

We have a little over 1400 points over seven resorts and four use years. Started out with 250 at Boardwalk, added a few at OKW and at AK all from Disney. Added 150 at bay lake from disney and then 360 at aulani. Bought 150 at wilderness, 150 at ak and 250 at vero beach on resale. We are done! But don't regret any of them. Have gone to aulani for a week in a one bedroom ocean view villa 4 years in a row. Go to OKW for a week every year and vero at least once a year. Get to wilderness every other year. Bought more AK points just so I could reserve club level one bedroom 11 months ahead which we have done three years in a row. We don't like studios so I like the freedom of getting at least AC one bedroom every time. We are lucky that we have paid cash for all and even though the annual fees are 8000 to 9000 a year the way we use points seem to work to our advantage cost wise. We give points to our kids and friends but we mostly use them ourselves. We are not really park people anymore so we might go one day over a two week period and hit 3 parks in a day. We just enjoy the resorts, the ambiance, the great restaurants, the downtown disney movies and bowling and restaurants, etc.

We started with 50 and got up to 170. We since sold down to 90 and decided to do other things than Disney with our spare time.

We have 270. 170 direct at VWL and 100 resale at Vero. Eventually we would like to have between 400 and 500 so we can take our daughters and their families at least every other year - when that time comes.

I have 160 at SSR and I have addonitis but I also have the Italian disease myfundsalo so when that clears up I will be buying more points probably a resale at VGF or BWV, or a 2057 OKW or all 3

We have 103 points, all small contracts SSR, BWV and WL. Would have been cheaper to buy one contract. But we bought in when we had the cash and since then addonitis has struck twice

Started 210 at BLT in 2010, added 60 BLT direct in 2011. In 2014 purchased 50 resale at OKW. That's enough for now.
Love the points but not the maintenance fees.

We have 310 points plus another 1 week timeshare in New Orleans.

My guess is that most people, like us, have just a few less than they think they need.:tongue: We started with 210 points, thought we were all set-for a while. Then we needed just a few more, so we bought 100 more, which satisfied us for a few months until we needed a little…well, you get the pattern. Now we're up to 460 points, and we THINK that's enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter