how many payment to a cruise will dcl allow??

dis2cruise

Long Island, NY
I did my 1st payment of 250 pp and then i just put down another $500 today.
my ta at aaa told me i can't do anymore until the last payment??? is this true??

Nope. Not true. I made payments toward my balance every couple of weeks until it was paid off. As far as I know there is no limit to the number of payments DCL will accept.

I made my reservation through AAA and have been making a payment every month. Should be no limit.

Wow if there was a limit we would have never paid anything off!! We paid every 2 weeks for nearly 9 months. We did'nt go through AAA, but through a TA. So that may be different. But would'nt make any sense not to hav options for more frequent payments.

I went thru AAA for our first WDW trip and a Land/Sea package. I could make payments as I wanted. Sounds like you may have a TA that doesn't want to bother with payments. On the DCL website you can make payments whenever you want.

When I went thru AAA they always gave me a receipt. Sounds like a lazy TA. Talk to a supervisor about it.

I am getting ready to go on my second cruise booked through AAA, both I have made payments on, some as little as $25.00. My AAA TA didn't mind.
However I went in one day and had to deal with another agent I was on my lunch hour and my TA was tied up, this agent told me that she could only accept cash. I said well you give my check to my TA and have her call me if it is a problem. I called back later and my TA said she had no idea what that other TA was talking about but that she would certainly talk to her about it.
Its amazing what some people will tell you just so they don't have to do any work.

what? I booked Nov. 1st and had it paid off by April 1st and made lots of small payments! Probably about 10! :lmao: Never had a problem!

They would probably take 4,000 payments all in nickels if you gave it to them. They do not care, they just want the money that is due to them. :lmao: :hippie:

I'm just the opposite. I take the money for the cruise and put it in an ING account. Then about a month before the final payment is due I take all my money and pay it off. I can't see letting Disney hold onto my money when I could be getting whatever little bit of interest I get. I feel that even if I only get $25 in interest that is about 5 drinks on the ship.

Whilst our exchange rate is good I pay mine off quickly to protect myself if the pound fell, it would cost me more on that than any interest earnt and thats taxed!

We too paid our Panama off early because of the excellent exchange and have been paying off for our next one in December 2008. Tried to leave a small amount on one of them but there is something about tax I believe and in the end we paid the whole lot off as I could really not understand the reasoning.

Brenda

I'm just the opposite. I take the money for the cruise and put it in an ING account. Then about a month before the final payment is due I take all my money and pay it off. I can't see letting Disney hold onto my money when I could be getting whatever little bit of interest I get. I feel that even if I only get $25 in interest that is about 5 drinks on the ship.
I agree! I love ING. It's so easy and convenient. Also earns about 20x what my regular bank earns for a savings acct. :cool2:
It's bad enough Disney has been holding $1000 of ours since Feb. 07 and our cruise isn't until TG '08! :headache:

My TA told me no more than 5 payments after deposit for 4 day. I never pushed issue and just kept myself to less than 5 payments.

Not only would I keep the money in an interest-bearing account and NOT dribble it out to DCL, but I would charge the final payment to a credit card that gives rewards.

How much do you still owe? The reason I ask is because I was told the last payment has to be 200 or more. So if you only owe 200 it has to all come at one time. It is something to do with the commision.
I was making 100 dollar payments weekly and tried to make my 2nd to the last 100 payment, and they sent me an email explaining it.

My TA told me no more than 5 payments after deposit for 4 day. I never pushed issue and just kept myself to less than 5 payments.

What TA company are you using? Is it a US based company? Just curious.

how many payment to a cruise will dcl allow??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did my 1st payment of 250 pp and then i just put down another $500 today.
my ta at aaa told me i can't do anymore until the last payment??? is this true??

wow i think my aaa travel agent is trying to put the wool over my eyes why lie to me about payments??

i have never been too crazy about her. could i change aaa agents or can I change my ressie through another ta company?? any suggestions if I can change to another aaa agent of another ta company??

Maybe your travel company has a policy around this? Or maybe she's confusing it with a WDW room-only ressie. With that, you can't make payments other than the deposit and final payment. The only other thought I had has to do with the length of your cruise. Is it shorter than 7 days? Maybe there are different rules.

I hope that we can make many payments. We have been so far for our 7-day Western.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter