How many homeschooling families do we have here?

Tinker-tude

<font color=red>Proud Redhead!<br><font color=peac
Just wondering how many other homeschool families we have here.

Do any of you plan some of your schoolwork based on where you'll be vacationing?

We plan to go back to Orlando in October and plan fit the Kennedy Space Center in to the trip. So next year's science work will start with space and technology, and several things related to those subjects.

We are!

We always go in May, so by that point we all need a break from all things educational. I mean, if I see something that they could learn from - sure.... but I don't seek it out. :rotfl2:

I homeschool 3 ( 1st grade 3rd grade and 9th/10th grade) :scared:
If something educational stricks me I will mention it but vacation is time to get away from books and work so i dont push the issue.
How long have you all been homeschooling?
I homeschooled my oldest 1/2 of last year and started homeschooling the other 2 this year.

We are!

We always go in May, so by that point we all need a break from all things educational. I mean, if I see something that they could learn from - sure.... but I don't seek it out. :rotfl2:

I don't mean using vacation as a "field trip" or for education purposes, but I find we always enjoy going places more if we know about them. That's why I hang out on the DIS boards for theme park vacations! We've wanted to go to the Kennedy Space Center for a few years now, so fall will be good time to spend science studying planets/technology advances. Just wondered if anyone else did the same thing. I love the flexibility homeschooling gives you with curriculum.

I homeschool 3 ( 1st grade 3rd grade and 9th/10th grade) :scared:
If something educational stricks me I will mention it but vacation is time to get away from books and work so i dont push the issue.
How long have you all been homeschooling?
I homeschooled my oldest 1/2 of last year and started homeschooling the other 2 this year.

This is our first year. I have one 7 (almost 8) y/o boy, and a 3 y/o. We don't take any books on vacation either. Just prep beforehand if it will make the vacation more fun. DS-7 has always had a fascination with Egypt, so we had a lot of fun in the Mummy gift shop waiting for Dad.

I homeschool 3, and we travel quite a bit with DH. (Orlando is even a business trip.)

I find that the DD4 and DS7 are always more enthusiastic if I theme some of our lessons arond a future trip. Lately, DD and I have been using Mickey shaped counting cards and matching games (Used Home Depot's paint chips with the manager's approval.)

They even pick travel books to read for story time especially when a theme park is involved.

DS12 is not so enthused.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter