How many guests will be expecting beer at Gaston's Tavern?

I want to see this "brew". There are 2 pics of the menu, but none of the actual drink. Does that strike anyone else as silly?

Truthfully, I've never thought about the tavern not selling alcohol. But it is MK... and I am a beer lover. And as any true beer lover visiting WDW knows, craft beer selections throughout the resort are meager, at best.

Here's a pic -

It's in a souvenir cup, so you can't really see the color of it (which is like the color of apple juice). This is the boys' version of the cup. The girls' version is a gold goblet with Belle on it. This cup has Gaston on one side and the Beast on the other.

DSC_3737 by vshingl, on Flickr

I want to see this "brew". There are 2 pics of the menu, but none of the actual drink. Does that strike anyone else as silly?

Truthfully, I've never thought about the tavern not selling alcohol. But it is MK... and I am a beer lover. And as any true beer lover visiting WDW knows, craft beer selections throughout the resort are meager, at best.

Best craft selection I found was at ESPN Zone. Other than that, you are correct. Both Port Orleans resorts had a couple of Abita brews too.

Now that they started selling beer at Be Our Guest, it wouldn't surprise me much to see it throughout Magic Kingdom in a few years. Until then, I think you may get quite a few thinking there would be beer in a tavern. ;)

just to let people know you can also just purchase the souvenir stein or goblet without the beverage inside as the people in front of me did,I believe it was $6.

He wanted to meet Belle over at Epcot and sing to her, but fortunate girl, she either had a closed line or was gone
I did that last year when I met Belle, it made for a great exchange and some priceless pictures. If he is ever able to, make sure to have cameras ready! :thumbsup2

BelleandJosh2.png

"Picture this: a rustic hunting lodge, my latest kill roasting over the fire, my little wife massaging my feet..."

BelleandJosh1.png

Belle pleading with me to read books. Nice try, egghead, I'm not falling for that hoodwink!

BelleandJosh4.png

We shall be the perfect pair, rather like my thighs.

BelleandJosh3.png

"So Belle, what'll it be? Is it 'yes' or is it, 'Ohhhhh, yes!?"

JoshuaShaw said:
I did that last year when I met Belle, it made for a great exchange and some priceless pictures. If he is ever able to, make sure to have cameras ready! :thumbsup2

"Picture this: a rustic hunting lodge, my latest kill roasting over the fire, my little wife massaging my feet..."

Belle pleading with me to read books. Nice try, egghead, I'm not falling for that hoodwink!

Adorable !

Your question about Gaston's tavern and beer reminds me of my 1986 disney trip with my parents, when my dad got in a huff because there was no alcohol served at the "Mile Long Bar" (remember that place- where the exit to Country bears is now?). :rotfl2: He was very put out that he couldn't get a beer in a "bar"! :rotfl:

Guests will just have to figure it out the hard way. ;)

Thanks for the pic, LittleMissMagic.

SkullSplitter - I found a few craft brews at our hotel (WL) and was delighted to get some Dogfish Head, as it was a time that they were pulled out of Indiana. When the bartender found out I was a hop-head and that we were staying for 10 more nights, she requested some craft beers to be stocked for the length of our stay. DH and/or I ended up in the bar every night to get a few beers to bring back to the room.

Give it time...there will be other places to get alcohol in MK. As much as I hate to admit it, it will happen. The serving in BOG is only the start. Beer and wine is to much of a cash cow to pass up. And once the MK gets a taste of it they will want more.

I'm bummed because I hate apple juice. Dangit.

I too don't like apple juice and as such never would have ordered one. I was touring with a CM friend who just loves to do research for her job - and she ordered one with a straw for each of us. I must say it was delicious and tasted nothing like apple juice. The passion fruit and mango flavors were much more prominent then apple juice.

I too don't like apple juice and as such never would have ordered one. I was touring with a CM friend who just loves to do research for her job - and she ordered one with a straw for each of us. I must say it was delicious and tasted nothing like apple juice. The passion fruit and mango flavors were much more prominent then apple juice.

You will notice most flavors of "100% fruit juice" drinks have apple as the main fruit juice.

Oh, I know, but they're not big in anyone's mind right now.

And a lot of non-Dis people I've talked to seem to be equating the FLE with the Wizarding World, mainly based on the statuary and theming. When in actual fact they're very different... I may have to remind my husband that FLE doesn't currently have any rides that even come close to the Forbidden Journey.

(I'm still quite excited about the Little Mermaid dark ride, though!)

You're right. Maybe the new Snow White ride will blow us away, but I was disappointed with the new Little Mermaid ride. The whole new area doesn't seem that exciting.. I mean, do we really need two Dumbo rides? The area did remind me a little of the Harry Potter area at Universal, just without the excitement/fun..

That's terrific! Looks like you had fun. That's exactly what he wanted to sing to her. DS's next trip will probably be with his girlfriend -- wonder how she'll feel about him doing this (they weren't dating when he was in the show).

35513_4774014706912_2093780007_n.jpg

And actually - they do have pics on the menu. This is the on the left side of the tavern.
286246_4774011906842_1614676171_o.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter