How many free passes for family and friends?

Cast members gain access to the resort discounts once they complete traditions. Your son can check availability through the HUB or the cast member reservation line. Your son can book two types of reservations- friends/family where the he isn't staying in the room with you (less of a discount) or a reservation where he is staying in the room with you (more of a discount). The discount and availability will vary. At checkin or up to one week (I believe) before checkin your son will have to show his cast member ID. Do you have a room only reservation or vacation package? Yes you can take advantage of your son's discount. However, availability with CM discounts can be limited. Have him check availability as soon as he get access to get the most options. Definitely keep your reservation for now.

Awesome. So about how much of a discount are we talking? Is it on all resorts (value, mod, deluxe)? You say more of a discount if he is staying in room. Why not just say he is? What is to stop me from having him make that type of reservation, even if he is staying in his apartment?
We have a room only reservation and have bought the 5 day PH tickets (as I don't think he will have earned enough free access passes by the time we go).

Awesome. So about how much of a discount are we talking? Is it on all resorts (value, mod, deluxe)? You say more of a discount if he is staying in room. Why not just say he is? What is to stop me from having him make that type of reservation, even if he is staying in his apartment?
We have a room only reservation and have bought the 5 day PH tickets (as I don't think he will have earned enough free access passes by the time we go).

It's up to 40% if he doesn't stay! and up to 50% if he does (and it's good for all resort categories).

Well, for one it goes by who is staying in the rooms.

Again it depends on availability, time of the year, etc. However, I have received up to 50% for friends/family and up to 60% for personal. I would not bank on getting that big of a discount as it can be and frequently is lower.

They offer two discount types for a reason. First off, it depends on room occupancy. If you are traveling with a party of 4 and your son would make 5 people, he couldn't book a room that has a max occupancy of 4 under the personal discount.

There are other considerations when deciding whether to add your cp son to the reservation: Will you have the dining plan and want him on it or not? Does the extra adult charge in the room cancel out the additional discount for adding him to the room? The number of rooms he may reserve with him included is not limited whereas the number of "Friends and Family" reservations where he is not listed as staying in the room are limited to a certain number per year for each cast member.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!