how many days for universal

raisedondisney

Earning My Ears
This is our first attempt at Universal, though we are old pros at Disney. How many days would you recommend for a thorough visit to both parks?

When we go we usually take 2 or 3 days to go to Universal. Depending on how long our trip is. We will spend 1 day at each park then the 3rd day possibly go back and ride what we want to ride again. But I would for sure do at least 1 day per park especially if you've never been before.

This is our first attempt at Universal, though we are old pros at Disney. How many days would you recommend for a thorough visit to both parks?

Also would depend when this trip is and if you plan to stay onsite or get the fast passes. The last 2 days were walk on for almost every single ride and probably could of done it all in those 2 days if we went commando for it. They also close early this time of year though, they were closed by 6 which I thought was crazy. I would probably say 3 days though would be good amount of time to give yourself time to see it all and not rush through it.

i do a minimum of 4 days.

i take in the shows, do look around in the shops, do repeats on rides, etc.

i also like to spend time at the gift shop at HRC as i collect the pins they have.
and, i spend time at city walk shopping and eating. on a few occasions have taken in a movie at the cinema late night.

i also go to the other hotels on site to look in their gift shops and get snacks from the other pool areas.

i don't spend all my time just in the parks.

some people like to spend the evening doing the "dive in " movie nights at the hotel pools.

When we go we usually take 2 or 3 days to go to Universal. Depending on how long our trip is. We will spend 1 day at each park then the 3rd day possibly go back and ride what we want to ride again. But I would for sure do at least 1 day per park especially if you've never been before.
:thumbsup2

We found out that we prefer 2 days for Universal Studios (it's our favorite right now) so we can see all the shows and ride the rides lots of times. Then we like to spend 2 days at Islands of Adventure.

Now usually we don't have so much time to spend - usually only 1 day per park and a third day that we split between the two. Not ideal for us but it works.

On our first trip, we had 4 1/2 days. We stayed on site. We found that this wasn't quite enough. We did not go commando. We slept in, hitting the parks around 9:30/10:00 am. We took afternoon breaks at the hotel. The parks closed early--6 or 7 pm. We fell in love with Uni, and so we had to go back. We continue to go back. There are still things we haven't done! We will be there in Feb and will have 4 1/2 days again. Because we've been before, this should be enough time for us to do all our favorites several times and finally finish off the things we haven't done: Poseidon's Fury, The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad, Pteranodon Flyers (which will require us to get our behinds out of bed early), Animal Actors On Location, Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone and Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue.

We could easily spend an entire week there, but I understand that it is relative to the traveler(s) and will be different for everyone. If you really want to explore and enjoy all there is AND have time to do repeats, 2 or 3 days really isn't enough, unless you want to go all out-balls to the wall. For us, that isn't very relaxing--and therefore, isn't much of a "vacation."

Good luck, and whatever you decide to do--ENJOY!

4-5 at least.
It takes 2 days to do US well because of the show schedules.
1 1/2 for IOA to hiet everything, repeat favorites, allow time for lunch at Mythos, take in the atsmophere etc.

We like to sleep in one day in the middle of th trip and hit CW and look around the other resorts

We also like th dive-in movies at the resorts

I was also wondering how long to fully enjoy everything and then hit rides a second time or so if we wanted to repeat. We are planning a LONG visit in June and have tickets for 7 days. Would 5 nights at the hotels be too much for a 6 and 9 year old? I was thinking of getting the 5 night special.

We will have our car with us and have been to Disney on many occasions, but never Universal.

My kids love 5 days. Then we can go back to the hotel for a swim in the afternoon, do all the rides we want as many times as we want, and go shopping on international drive and have dinner there.

On our first trip, we had 4 1/2 days. We stayed on site. We found that this wasn't quite enough. We did not go commando. We slept in, hitting the parks around 9:30/10:00 am. We took afternoon breaks at the hotel. The parks closed early--6 or 7 pm. We fell in love with Uni, and so we had to go back. We continue to go back. There are still things we haven't done! We will be there in Feb and will have 4 1/2 days again. Because we've been before, this should be enough time for us to do all our favorites several times and finally finish off the things we haven't done: Poseidon's Fury, The Eighth Voyage of Sindbad, Pteranodon Flyers (which will require us to get our behinds out of bed early), Animal Actors On Location, Woody Woodpecker's Kidzone and Beetlejuice's Graveyard Revue.

We could easily spend an entire week there, but I understand that it is relative to the traveler(s) and will be different for everyone. If you really want to explore and enjoy all there is AND have time to do repeats, 2 or 3 days really isn't enough, unless you want to go all out-balls to the wall. For us, that isn't very relaxing--and therefore, isn't much of a "vacation."

Good luck, and whatever you decide to do--ENJOY!

I so agree with your philosophy!!! I shake my head when I see posts asking if US/IOA can be done in a day...our last trip of 3 days left me feeling short of time.

We usually stay for at least 4 days. However, for a first trip, I think that 3 days/2 nights onsite is perfect.

I so agree with your philosophy!!! I shake my head when I see posts asking if US/IOA can be done in a day...our last trip of 3 days left me feeling short of time.

I will be visiting Orlando and am staying at the military Shades of Green Resort on Disney's property with my wife and a friend during Easter. While we are going to have a good amount of time (8 1/2 days), I am just not sure how much time I can schedule for Universal. We would like to do both Disney water parks, and it seems like Epcot and MK requie two mornings to do well. We are also looking at mornings at AK & DS. This only leaves me one day for Universal. My wife's preference would be to drop Universal entirely, but my friend really wants to go to see the headliners.

I know you have said that this makes you shake your head, but would you have a suggestion on how we could tweak the itinerary?

As it is, we are looking at the 2 park 1 day ticket with the express plus option.

I know you have said that this makes you shake your head, but would you have a suggestion on how we could tweak the itinerary?

As it is, we are looking at the 2 park 1 day ticket with the express plus option.
I think you've got a great plan with the Express passes and the tickets. Just get there as early as you can and you should be fine hitting the bigger attractions.

I will be visiting Orlando and am staying at the military Shades of Green Resort on Disney's property with my wife and a friend during Easter. While we are going to have a good amount of time (8 1/2 days), I am just not sure how much time I can schedule for Universal. We would like to do both Disney water parks, and it seems like Epcot and MK requie two mornings to do well. We are also looking at mornings at AK & DS. This only leaves me one day for Universal. My wife's preference would be to drop Universal entirely, but my friend really wants to go to see the headliners.

i would do universal on a weekday, preferably M-Th for lesser crowds.
avoid the weekends........it is too crowded to be able to do both parks in one day.

be at the parking garage one hour before the park opens.
be in line for the park entrance early.
many times if the lines are long, you will be allowed in earlier than the official time.

start with IOA. they have more rides open early than the studios side does.
hit the highlights and cover as much ground as you can by 11.
crowds will start around 11ish.

eat at off times to avoid long food lines.
then venture over to the studio side for the rest of your day.

don't use the ep if the line is 15 minutes or less.
you can only use them one time only pre ride and attraction.

you might be able just to need the ep's for the studio side if you start at IOA early at opening time.

the ep's are only valid per park unless you buy the 2 park ep's

have a great time !!

btw, check the rehab list to see if any of the water parks will be down for rehab at disney for the dates you will be staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter