• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How many computers do you have in your home that WORK?

How many working computers do you have in your home?

• One

• Two

• Three

• Four

• Five

• Six or more

Results are only viewable after voting.
We have 3 of what would normally be considered a computer, as well as one that doesn't work.

We also have a PS3, Xbox 360, wii, 2 kindles, 2 smartphones... and a few other things that go online and play games so basically do the same functions as my computers.

Four computers, two adults, no kids.

One computer is my work computer (it's owned by my company, in fact) as I work from home full time. The 2nd computer is my personal computer, the 3rd is the TV computer (for streaming Netflix and watching our digital copies of movies) and the 4th computer is DH's.

My husband uses a desktop, I have a laptop and my two sons (6&8) share a laptop (although they still fight over it). I can see needed another laptop so each boy will have their own in our future. All except my hubby's are in the kitchen and will be until the kids leave home. I don't trust internet usage in bedrooms of minors (same with cable TV & internet capable cell phones, when we get there). On top of that we have a Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 and internet ready Blu Ray player as well as my shiny new-just-this-weekend Ipad.

Lets see: 4 people.

Myself: 1 desktop, 2 laptops (one is a company laptop)

Son: 1 gaming desktop, 1 laptop

Daughter: 2 laptops (1 she purchased through her college as it came pre-loaded with programs she needs for her degree program)

Me - Laptop
DH - desktop
DD19 - desktop and laptop
DD16 - desktop
Dmom - desktop and netbook
Ddad - none

Maggie

5 computers for 4 people. We each have a laptop and there's a shared desktop. I really need to get a network mirrored hard drive for all of us to share for storage but I haven't gotten there yet.

I should admit that I didn't buy all of these. A buddy of mine scavenges computer parts and he built all these for us. I just paid him his cost on 3 of them. The other 2 he just gave to us since DH helped him out with some work on his house. The new drives I'm looking at will be the first components I'll have actually bought from a store in several years.

4 people, 3 desktops, 2 laptops (one ancient, but still works), 2 netbooks and an Ipad. Actually my ds just rebuilt a desktop, so I guess that's one more.

I'm a little embarrassed to say we have 4 people in our family, teens and adults. And we have 7 computers. 3 laptops, 2 netbooks, 2 desktops. When DH has his work computers home it's 9. DH is 'computer guy'.

2 people, 4 computers.

Two desktop are gaming, laptop for whatever (hardly ever used) and other desktop hooked to the bedroom tv for netflix only.

We have others for lan parties, but they aren't hooked up until needed.

I have a laptop and hubby has a desktop. Every evening there's a 3rd computer in the house- hubby's work laptop, and I have a work laptop I could bring home too...so sometimes it's 4, but we only own 2 :goodvibes

I can get on the internet with the Wii (netflix, youtube, etc).... but I'm not counting that :surfweb:

At home, 2 "active" laptops and one desktop for 3 people. The desktop is rarely used though and there is also another desktop that's mine that is quite old but could still be used if need. So 4 for 3 people.

At school with me and my boyfriend, we have three laptops that get regular use (mine, his, and his netbook), then his work laptop, then both of our older laptops that were replaced but still work, and his desktop. So 7 for 2 people. But he's a computer science major so I suppose 5/7 being his and one being a work machine from the lab isn't so bad.

Four people in house (me, DH, DS17, DD11).

Each of us has a laptop (DD's is a very old one of mine), and we have a working PC in the basement (although it needs a new ethernet card).

Feeling great, though! This week, I decluttered two computers, one monitor, and two printers that are NEVER used -- the computers stopped running Windows years ago. Reformatted the hard drives (hoping that's good enough) and left them by the curb -- gone in 10 minutes.

We have 8, DH is an ITgeek so we have computers all over the house. It's just the two of us using them (or should I say, I use my laptop, he uses all the other laptops/pcs), our kids are 4, 2 and a week old, so they don't use them.

We have 3 laptops for 2 people, although one is DH's work laptop.

However, we also have an iPad2 and an iPhone that we connect to the internet with - I didn't count them.

(We also have a desktop and a laptop that aren't being used, I just need to get the data off of them.)

Four people in the house 2 working desktops, 3 laptops (two of them are work-related), 2 iPads, and one rooted color Nook that works like an iPad (if you want to count that).

We have one more desktop that I didn't count. It works, but needs a new video card, so it's currently not being used until that gets replaced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter