How many cars?

WDWDad

Mickeys best friend
How many cars are you allowed to register per room? Does it change based on room size? I don't remember anything ever being said about this?

Interesting question. I have had two cars checking into a Grand Villa and then the following saturday and additional guest got a parking permit. So that is three. I am not sure there is a limit.

"From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs", Karl Marx, pretty sick, huh?

We are expecting my parents, and an old friend to join us and wondered if there was a limit to how many cars can be registered under one room. We expect to have three. I understand that parking is limited. We could park one or even two somewhere else if need be, but where? Hopefully it won't be a problem.

I've never seen anything on this either. We usually only have 1 or 2 cars at the most--but last year we did have 3 cars for a few days. there wasn't a problem with this. We tried to make sure we didn't "hog" all the spaces nearest our door though. Maybe there isn't a technical limit because many people fly to Florida and don't rent a car because of the Disney transportation.

Phil and Mary Jo
dvclogo.gif

WDW--82,83,85,87,89,93,95,96, 97,98,99,00,01
DVC/OKW

I find parking to be a problem at OKW near your door. We never have more than one car, but find others must have more, because it is often hard to park. Once, we had someone taking up most of the spots with an extra long motor home. DVC did make them move that.

Disneydiane

As far as I know, there are no written limits. We've never had a problem with parking at OKW (though we haven't always been able to park right by our door), except when trying to check-in - seems like that lot is always full.

I think they built that lot when just the first 30 buildings were up and never botherd to add on. Check in can be a real pain for parking.

Disneydiane

Check-in parking is a pain for the buildings across from the parking lot too. We stayed in Building 13 once, and everyone who couldn't find a space at Conch Flats came and parked there.

Peter and Syl
DVC (OKW) '92, VB '95
Going to OKW May 19-30 and Dec 8-19 :)

As a side note - the question of motor homes being parked at OKW came up at the OKW annual meeting last year. Sonya, the PKW General Manager, addressed the member's concern of more & more motor homes parking at OKW especially one that had a dog in it & took up six car parking spots. Sonya said there is parking for motor homes at Port Orleans, & the WDW kennel is available for animals.

I do wish they would better enforce the no-parking for RV's rule. Last week when I was at OKW, there were at least 3 RV's parked on property.

RV owners, don't take offense. But when I go to OKW, I want the Old Key West atmosphere, not that of an RV park.

RV parking seems to be another one of those written rules that only apply to some folks. ;)

My gripe with the RV's (besides taking up too many spaces and being unsightly) is that they block the view of other cars. A few years back we had an RV blocking the view of our whole parking area from the road and we had someone steal the license plate off our rental car. I'm sure the RV provided the "cover" they needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter