How long will iron-on shirts last?

Coll0610

DIS Veteran
I was thinking about making shirts with the iron-on transfers for all of us, but I was wondering how they will hold up. Do the transfers come off after a few washes?

Coll0610 said:
I was thinking about making shirts with the iron-on transfers for all of us, but I was wondering how they will hold up. Do the transfers come off after a few washes?

Many people have made shirts using different brands of T-shirts and different brands of Transfer paper which obviously create a broad spectrum of results. I personally have found that using Dark Transfer paper on 100% cotton T-shirts holds up the best. I have gotten dozens of washes out of some of our shirts. All I can say is good luck and have fun.

Deb

I've had good luck with the shirts lasting a long time. I follow tips that were in the instructions for the first shirt I ever made which was back several years ago and that shirt still looks pretty good.

Wash the shirts in cold water only using the gentle cycle setting.

Use a mild detergent like Ivory Snow.

Never dry the shirts in the dryer but hang them up to dry and always take them out as soon as the washer is done.

Of course, if the transfer paper you use has different instructions, you should follow those - these have just worked well for me. :thumbsup2

I did several shirts, some white using light transfer paper, some darker using dark transfer paper, and some white using dark transfer paper. ALL of the shirts using dark transfer paper are fine. I've washed them at least 10 times, plain old Tide, regular wash and high heat dry. The ones I made with the light transfer paper---ruined after one wash.

marshallandcartersmo said:
I did several shirts, some white using light transfer paper, some darker using dark transfer paper, and some white using dark transfer paper. ALL of the shirts using dark transfer paper are fine. I've washed them at least 10 times, plain old Tide, regular wash and high heat dry. The ones I made with the light transfer paper---ruined after one wash.

I've had the same results.

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter