How long will construction take at VWL?!

Whilykit

Mouseketeer
Just wondering if anyone knows how long construction is to be expected. I'm worried about my Nov. trip, as it will clearly be affected, however, my bigger worry is about our 10th anniversary trip with 30 family members in July 2016! We are in the midst of planning w disney catered events etc, I was going to buy plane tickets tomorrow.... how long is this construction expected?
Is it just the Silver Springs Pool being torn up or is the actual beginning of the bungalows?
Sigh.

From the DVCnews website:

"Dates included on that paperwork indicates the renovations will run into 2018."

I thought I had read 2018 yesterday but thought to myself "No, that can't be right..." Turns out is is. Well, at least it could take that long. My guess is that if this really is part of a new DVC, they will want to sell out of Poly points, or come close, before opening the "new" VWL up for sale so I guess that time frame would make sense.

Oh my. I don't mind the construction per se... but this is our home resort and we are planning this pretty grand event - people who have never been are going to be so annoyed with it!

Just wondering if anyone knows how long construction is to be expected. I'm worried about my Nov. trip, as it will clearly be affected, however, my bigger worry is about our 10th anniversary trip with 30 family members in July 2016! We are in the midst of planning w disney catered events etc, I was going to buy plane tickets tomorrow.... how long is this construction expected?
Is it just the Silver Springs Pool being torn up or is the actual beginning of the bungalows?
Sigh.
As cbnsoul posted, the preliminary paperwork shows that Wilderness renovation project will continue into 2018. That said, it doesn't mean that parts of the planned renovations won't be available much sooner than 2018.

By the way, none of the plans show any work being done on the Silver Creek Springs pool, which is Wilderness Lodge's main pool. It is the Hidden Springs quiet pool near the VWL building that will be undergoing a major transformation beginning October 26, 2015. Disney has told VWL and WL guests that the area around the Hidden Springs pool will be cordoned off beginning on that date. However, it has not released any construction schedules for when it will begin work on the over-the-water cabins, the new restaurant building on the beach, or any possible hotel room-to DVC villa conversions at the main Lodge building.

understood, we were just there 2 weeks ago and the main pool is finished and beautiful, she must have misspoke.

WEll, that was another unhelpful phone call to the office of bad news.. The construction and pool won't be complete until the end of 2017 possibly later. Im fuming. So much for brining our 30+ family members to Disney to celebrate our 10th anniversary...

WEll, that was another unhelpful phone call to the office of bad news.. The construction and pool won't be complete until the end of 2017 possibly later. Im fuming. So much for brining our 30+ family members to Disney to celebrate our 10th anniversary...
But at least you now know what to expect. You can still book VWL for July 2016 or try to get another DVC resort, like AKV, at the seven-month mark. Hope it all works out!

As cbnsoul posted, the preliminary paperwork shows that Wilderness renovation project will continue into 2018. That said, it doesn't mean that parts of the planned renovations won't be available much sooner than 2018.

By the way, none of the plans show any work being done on the Silver Creek Springs pool, which is Wilderness Lodge's main pool. It is the Hidden Springs quiet pool near the VWL building that will be undergoing a major transformation beginning October 26, 2015. Disney has told VWL and WL guests that the area around the Hidden Springs pool will be cordoned off beginning on that date. However, it has not released any construction schedules for when it will begin work on the over-the-water cabins, the new restaurant building on the beach, or any possible hotel room-to DVC villa conversions at the main Lodge building.

The cabins are not going to be over the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts