How long to drive to Sanibel from WDW?

Discussion in 'Disney for Families' started by The Mystery Machine, Mar 12, 2001.

1. The Mystery Machine

The Mystery Machine Sunrise at my house. :+)

Hi! Hubby and I are planning on going to the beach after WDW, (DD's 4 & 10). I know nothing of FL. Anyway we have decided on the Gulf. Clearwater Beach is 2 1/2 hours away. Sanibel sounds great, but it is further South. How long does it take to drive to Sanibel? Jeannine
    HRH/CBR June 2001

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. AngieIL

AngieIL Earning My Ears

It took us four hours to drive from Captiva to WDW, but that included a bathroom break and a stop for a speeding ticket! Sanibel is wonderful, and is a perfect precursor to WDW.

4. FLgirl1203

FLgirl1203 Mouseketeer

I live in Naples (a little further south than Sanibel. Southwest FL is a great way to relax after Disney crazyness! About 3 1/2 - 4 hours (max) is the driving distance. Make sure to go to the Bubble Room on Captiva Island...fun place to eat! Enjoy

5. dennis99ss

dennis99ss DIS Veteran

sanibel is great. more sea shells than you can imagine. be sure to bring those beach shoes.

try the sanibel inn. the porches have screens on them. what a great way to sleep, hearing the gulf. also, rooms have refrig.

then, be sure to eat at bubbles, on captiva, and, of course, cheeseburger/cheeseburger. eat a pounnd, get a photo on the wall.

all in all, if sanibel was closer, i'd be there all the time.

6. Karlad1

Karlad1 Earning My Ears

I just want to clarify that Clearwater Beach is only 1 and 1/2 hours away from WDW. We made the trip 2 years ago and are planning on doing it again this year. Clearwater Beach is beautiful.
    Have fun wherever you decide to go.