How long is your ideal holiday?

How long is your ideal holiday to Florida?

• Two weeks is perfect

• Three weeks is my favourite

• I could stay for longer than three!

• Less than two weeks is best

Results are only viewable after voting.
a holiday in WDW could never be too long....our longest visit to WDW was 24 days and even that seemed too short....

the only downside is missing our dog........even though she's in an amazing 5 star-plus kennel while we're away, we miss her like crazy....but other than that, i don't think there's an upper limit to how long we could be at WDW and still enjoy it....

3 weeks is ideal for us, especially as we are going in the school holidays when the fly-drive prices are very high.

We do not concentrate on WDW though, I guess being lucky enough to go every year we can relax a bit and just do the parks when we fancy, mainly to ensure Joshua has a good time and gets on his favourite rides.
Love Universal Studios also.

Want to get back to our old routine on our holiday next year and travel a bit more, going back to Fort Lauderdale and Miami for a few days - so 3 weeks suits us fine.

JohnnySharp2 said:
3 weeks is ideal for us, especially as we are going in the school holidays when the fly-drive prices are very high.

We do not concentrate on WDW though, I guess being lucky enough to go every year we can relax a bit and just do the parks when we fancy, mainly to ensure Joshua has a good time and gets on his favourite rides.
Love Universal Studios also.

Want to get back to our old routine on our holiday next year and travel a bit more, going back to Fort Lauderdale and Miami for a few days - so 3 weeks suits us fine.

we don't just do the parks when we're at WDW....we bike, boat, fish, swim, etc etc....
the only reason we go to florida is for WDW....for other types of holidays we go elsewhere......i've never been a florida fan.....

other types of holidays have a much much much shorter ideal length than a WDW holiday...5 days in New York, Chicago, London, Paris, etc. is just about perfect (to sightsee, see a few shows and enjoy some amazing restaurants)......

for the pure relaxation type holiday of doing absolutely nothing at all - a week seems to be perfect for us....
we had one of those 3 weeks ago.....
DS spent the week scuba diving amongst the corals with wild dolphins...
DH (who of course spent much of the time on his laptop working as he always does) was just happy to be with us...
DD swam in the sea.....played with the dolphins....or sat on the beach in the sun, reading a book....
and I mostly just sat on the beach (with DD though i was always in the shade), just doing nothing at all but sitting and watching the very few people around us.....the dolphins.....the sea......the occasional boat.....the desert mountains in the background.....and the perfect cloudless blue sky overhead...........paradise...

but the question was about WDW....and that could be endless as far as i'm concerned...
actually....now that i think about it.....the holiday in paradise described above could go on forever as well....

disneyholic family said:
we don't just do the parks when we're at WDW....we bike, boat, fish, swim, etc etc....
the only reason we go to florida is for WDW....for other types of holidays we go elsewhere......i've never been a florida fan.....

other types of holidays have a much much much shorter ideal length than a WDW holiday...5 days in New York, Chicago, London, Paris, etc. is just about perfect (to sightsee, see a few shows and enjoy some amazing restaurants)......

for the pure relaxation type holiday of doing absolutely nothing at all - a week seems to be perfect for us....
we had one of those 3 weeks ago.....
DS spent the week scuba diving amongst the corals with wild dolphins...
DH (who of course spent much of the time on his laptop working as he always does) was just happy to be with us...
DD swam in the sea.....played with the dolphins....or sat on the beach in the sun, reading a book....
and I mostly just sat on the beach (with DD though i was always in the shade), just doing nothing at all but sitting and watching the very few people around us.....the dolphins.....the sea......the occasional boat.....the desert mountains in the background.....and the perfect cloudless blue sky overhead...........paradise...

but the question was about WDW....and that could be endless as far as i'm concerned...
actually....now that i think about it.....the holiday in paradise described above could go on forever as well....

We DO love WDW and would never have been to Florida otherwise, Disney is what first got us hooked really...before Joshua was born we used to do a 2 centre Orlando 1 week and then another location for the second week, and have been to Naples/Sarasota/Fort Lauderdale/Boca/Key West and Miami.

We have always been reluctant to take Josh away from the fun of the parks so to speak, although I think we took him to Naples/Sarasota when he was very young..but now he enjoys the parks (both WDW and Universal) so much , plus relaxing at the villa playing in the pool etc we have always stayed in the Orlando area.

Going for 3 weeks from now on though means we have the chance to move around a bit more - really do not fancy 3 weeks in Orlando anyway - so we are going to Fort Lauderdale/Palm Beach and Miami for 4 nights - staying in FL...have a portable DVD player which will keep Josh happy on the long journey's :)

JohnnySharp2 said:
We have always been reluctant to take Josh away from the fun of the parks so to speak, although I think we took him to Naples/Sarasota when he was very young..but now he enjoys the parks (both WDW and Universal) so much , plus relaxing at the villa playing in the pool etc we have always stayed in the Orlando area.

as you know i'm clueless about autism, but i would think that being on a nice quiet beach (the deserted kind, not the wild spring break kind) would be nice for Joshua....or is there such a thing as too quiet?....although a beach isn't ever really too quiet....what with watching the waves and building sand castles with dad and stuff like that....
one of the few places in florida i actually liked was the beach in Pensacola (up in the florida panhandle on the gulf coast)......with lovely white sand beaches without hordes of people....unfortunately pensacola's a bit off the beaten track (unless you happen to be visiting the naval air station there -- home of the blue angels.... :) )....

Next year I am going for 2 weeks. The past 2 times I have been we have been for 10 days. To tell the truth though, I could stay there forever.

:earsboy: .

disneyholic family said:
as you know i'm clueless about autism, but i would think that being on a nice quiet beach (the deserted kind, not the wild spring break kind) would be nice for Joshua....or is there such a thing as too quiet?....although a beach isn't ever really too quiet....what with watching the waves and building sand castles with dad and stuff like that....
one of the few places in florida i actually liked was the beach in Pensacola (up in the florida panhandle on the gulf coast)......with lovely white sand beaches without hordes of people....unfortunately pensacola's a bit off the beaten track (unless you happen to be visiting the naval air station there -- home of the blue angels.... :) )....

We are looking forward to taking Joshua on a nice beach - we always plan to go to Clearwater but somehow always change our plans..but yes I think he would love a beach, however, not sure if he could manage all day without watching some TV! we take about 20 US format video tapes and DVDs with us (for our relaxing days)..Autism is very varied and complicated , no-one can really claim to fully understand it I do not think.

Josh is a lovely/happy/mobile playful boy - so in many ways we are lucky ;)

JohnnySharp2 said:
We are looking forward to taking Joshua on a nice beach - we always plan to go to Clearwater but somehow always change our plans..but yes I think he would love a beach, however, not sure if he could manage all day without watching some TV! we take about 20 US format video tapes and DVDs with us (for our relaxing days)..Autism is very varied and complicated , no-one can really claim to fully understand it I do not think.

Josh is a lovely/happy/mobile playful boy - so in many ways we are lucky ;)

i just looked up clearwater....it looks really nice.....
you could use one of those portable DVD things to watch tv on the beach....

disneyholic family said:
as you know i'm clueless about autism, but i would think that being on a nice quiet beach (the deserted kind, not the wild spring break kind) would be nice for Joshua...........

Our two absolutely love the beach - they can spend all day alternating between the sand, the sea, the pool and back to the sand again. DH loves it as well - it reminds him of his childhood holidays

JohnnySharp2 said:
We are looking forward to taking Joshua on a nice beach - we always plan to go to Clearwater but somehow always change our plans..but yes I think he would love a beach, however, not sure if he could manage all day without watching some TV! we take about 20 US format video tapes and DVDs with us.....

You should try Disney's Vero Beach - its a lovely resort with the pool just a few steps from the ocean and when we were there in the summer the beach was not crowded at all. They have a very good set up for kids and of course the Disney channel in the room plus every movie Disney ever made for hire in the shop (they are free for DVC members but not sure of the cost for non members)

We weren't sure how our two would cope so we went for 2 nights just to see. They loved it so much we are going for 4 night next year and it is now a firm part of our Florida holidays

TinkTatoo said:
You should try Disney's Vero Beach - its a lovely resort with the pool just a few steps from the ocean and when we were there in the summer the beach was not crowded at all. They have a very good set up for kids and of course the Disney channel in the room plus every movie Disney ever made for hire in the shop (they are free for DVC members but not sure of the cost for non members)

Yes we have considered it - not actually booked anywhere yet but definitely want to go back to Fort Lauderdale and a have a Miami shopping trip - we had our honeymoon in Miami, so it would be interesting to see how it has changed.

Anything less than two weeks and I feel cheated.

Believe me, coming back to Washington, DC after 2 weeks at WDW is reallllly painful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter