How long is the Remy dining experience on the Dream?

MykeTV

Jedi Knight
I'm extremely excited about dining at Remy on my very first Disney cruise, on the Dream. I've heard a lot of great things about it, and after checking the website daily I was finally able to score a reservation that happened to open up - yay! The only problem is that the website lists this dining activity as a 3-Hour experience. Does that sound about right? I normally wouldn't care how long it is, but the reservation is on the same night and time as the Pirate Deck Party.

If I had to choose between the Pirate Party and Remy, I would choose Remy - however, I really don't want to miss the fireworks portion of the pirate show. Something about fireworks out at sea seems so magical. Has anyone managed to dine at Remy around 7-ish and still catch the fireworks? Is 3-hours just a placeholder or does the french dinner really use that entire time? Any feedback is appreciated, thanks!

See below, a screenshot of the possible time conflicts:

ScreenShot2011-10-09at72223PM.png

My suggestion on Remy's is "as long as you want it to be!" 3 hours is a very reasonable length of time for the dinner. You can also take a "break" for the fireworks and return 10 minutes later to finish dining.

Three hours is about right. The Remy experience is far and away better than the fireworks for Pirate night. Certainly, you could exit Remy to watch the fireworks then return, but I wouldn't. The fireworks at sea, while fun, aren't amazing and the energy on deck is rather subdued given all the hype. The show is fairly short, only a moderately good fireworks display (yes, I get that it is at sea thus quite remarkable in that respect), and is over quickly. I'd stay at Remy and enjoy the exceptional night right there. :thumbsup2

Thanks for the advice! :cool1:

I think I will just enjoy the dinner experience at Remy and PBE (play it by ear) the fireworks show. So excited!

Three hours is very reasonable. My wife and took our time and enjoyed Remy last Thursday for a full 4 hours.

One of the best meals we've ever had. If you do one of the preset menus I highly recommend the wine pairing!

:goodvibes

I am anticipating at least 3 hours at Remy and skipping all the pirate activity entirely. Including the fireworks.

Our experience was a little unique but we were the 1st couple to be seated and the last couple to leave. We were there a little over 4 hours and as we were leaving we caught the tail end of the fireworks from Meridian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter