How long for points to be loaded?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by itutorfortravel, Jan 15, 2014.

1. itutorfortravel

itutorfortravel I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addi

I'm wondering how long it takes once you close to get info from member services to use your points as a current DVC owner, is it quicker or the same as a new owner? Thx!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. lorie13

lorie13 Mouseketeer DVC Gold

Closed two resale contracts this year and both took about 2 weeks to post points to the account. I have heard some take faster and some take longer, but on average I believe that it is the time.

4. itutorfortravel

itutorfortravel I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addi

5. lovin'fl

lovin'fl DIS Veteran

If you are a new DVC owner it takes a week or 2 longer to get your letter in the mail...both new owners and current owners take the same amount of time to get points loaded but current owners have member # and are on member website and can use those points quicker as new owners need to wait for letter with member #.

Edit to add: the above is if you are buying resale...sorry I forgot to mention that.

6. WebmasterDoc

WebmasterDoc Administrator Administrator

If you making a purchase directly from DVC you will be added to the system as soon as you make your deposit. You will be able to make reservations immediately, but won't be able to bank or borrow points until closing has occurred. Your guide can assist with getting your login information to the DVC member site.

With resale purchases, it will take longer after closing to be added into the system and additional time before receiving your welcome letter. Guides are not usually willing or able to assist with a resale purchase.