How long does it take to get seated for reservation?

alkc71

Mouseketeer
on our last trip 2013 we only did CS meals, however in 2011 we had one TS meal, fantasmic at hollywood and vine.... It took over an hour to be seated and over an hour to eat... During prime park time. I felt i would have waited less time lining up for fanastic then i spent eating just a so-so meal. For 2015 i have 4 TS meals reserved: Ohana, mama melrose for fantasmic, BOG, and akerhus. Are waiting for seats typical, should i factor that into my planning?

On some trips, we've never had to wait and on other trips, we had to wait 30-40 minutes at some places. An hour is excessive, but Mama Melrose & 'Ohana are woefully notorious for that. We normally grab a drink at 'Ohana's bar while we're waiting. Unfortunately, it's a roll of the dice. I've planned our FP+ times around our ADRs so I'm hoping that our waits aren't too bad later this month.

Our average wait is around 10 to 20 minutes. At Ohana however we waited about 30 minutes one time and 15 minutes another time. We have never waited an hour.

An hour wait to be seated is not normal at all. I've had over 60 ADRs over my last 4 trips and our average wait has been 5 - 15 minutes and I would say nearly all were seated before the 15 minute mark. The odd time we got seated immediately and on the other extreme, we have waited close to 30 minutes, but that was only once and it was Sci-Fi.

We don't travel at peak season though (we go the end of August/Labour Day weekend) and I imagine the really lengthy waits happening far more in peak season.

The only time we've waited that long was for a party of 9 at Biergarten. Twice. Everything else was in the 2-20 minute range.

We have waited for almost an hour to be seated at the Garden Grill and the Sci-fi Dine in, parties of 6. I would say everything else was in the 10- 20 minute range.

Thank you everyone :) this makes me feel better! Hopefully our timing works out

We waited just 15 minutes for 'Ohana last summer. Our reservation was for 5:30, though. We tend to book earlier dinners and haven't had to wait anywhere by Be Our Guest (30 minutes).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter