How long does it take to get a refund?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Dallas_Lady, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Dallas_Lady

Dallas_Lady I only work for the vacation money

I booked a dummy cruise onboard but cancelled it weeks ago when the 2014 itineraries came out. I tried to log in to see if the ressie was still in the system and it's not, but I have not received a deposit refund yet. When I called to cancel I was surprised when the CM said they don't give a confirmation number or send an email when you cancel, I just had to take his word that it was done correctly. Whenever I call, I am on hold forever. They were very nice when taking my money, but not so much in giving it back.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. fatfish

fatfish DIS Veteran

I cancelled a cruise a few months ago. My TA told me it could take up to several weeks, but I had my refund in a few days. :thumbsup2

4. quickcat

quickcat Mouseketeer

I know they say it can take up to 10 business days I think but we've cancelled twice and both times had our money returned in 4 business days.
    I would wait on hold and check on the refund, especially since its been for sure a week. We never received a confirmation number for the cancel for either of them- just called and they cancelled.

5. kcashner

kcashner DIS Veteran

When I went thru my TA, I DID get an invoice that showed the cancellation. It just showed the new cost as zero and the deposit as a negative figure.

As above, it can take 2 weeks or more to get a refund.

6. MTmomma

MTmomma DIS Veteran

we cancelled ours on Nov 13th, and had the credit cards refunded within days, and black friday was when we got the check in the mail for the cash deposit we had done onboard.

7. Nikisha421

Nikisha421 i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disne

I cancelled last Wednesday for my sister and the money was in her account this morning

8. Lexa

Lexa DIS Veteran

They told me today that refund will be on my account within 2-3 weeks.