How long does it take for your taste to change?

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by FergieTCat, Mar 20, 2003.

1. FergieTCat

FergieTCat <font color=green>No, I'm serious. And don't call

Jun 10, 2000
    I've been on WW for 2 months, and as a matter of course, I've been eating less sweets and less fat. Lately, I've noticed that I don't really like food that is very sweet or very fatty. I don't eat fried food, and would rather have a plain salad than creamy dressing.

Is it my imagination or is my taste changing? How long does it take for your taste to change?
  2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. believe

believe DIS Veteran

Sep 12, 2001
    I have also had the same things happening. I have been following a new eating style for a month and I have no desire for fatty food or candy (hard candy/candy bars/m&ms). I do still like cookies and lf/fat free ice cream. I noticed this change after 3 wks.
  4. Disneyaholic

Disneyaholic DIS Veteran

May 9, 2000
    I've been doing WW for about a month. I've never liked really sweet things, so that wasn't a problem for me. But I do (did) love rich food! I am finding myself eating -- and enjoying -- things that I never thought I would!!!

A really neat benefit: we took DD out to dinner last night to celebrate her acceptance/enrollment in college for next year. We went to a Japanese steak house, which is one of my favorite types of food! I ate my soup and salad, but could only finish about half of my rice, chicken, and shrimp! And it wasn't even that I was TRYING to only eat half, I really didn't WANT to eat it all. So for the first time ever, I brought home leftovers from there, which I will have for dinner tonight!

5. CrzyforPiglet

CrzyforPiglet <font color=CC33FF>You bring a smile the to the Ta

Sep 12, 2001
    I don't know if it's my tastes that are changing or my cravings. I've really cut back on my refined sugars this past 2 weeks and it seems easier the second week than the first. I have actually started to like shredded wheat! It is easier than I thought but I could never go as strict as Atkins - I like bread too much!
  6. Jenzebelle

Jenzebelle <font color=blue>Enrich your mind- read a banned b

May 31, 2000
    It took about 2wks for my tastes to change.
    I can't eat a lot of rich sweets or heavy foods anymore
  7. TigH

TigH <font color=red>WISH success story<br><font color=

Jun 1, 2000
    I like this question. All your answers are really neat to read.

I cut back on sugar about three weeks ago. I used to use two HEAPING spoons in my coffee/tea. I cut back to one heaping spoon for a week and it was difficult. Then I cut back to one level spoon. Now I am going to cut down to half a spoon. I had a taste of my husband's coffee the other day. He still uses two heaping spoons like I did. It was horrible! It just tasted like sugar with a teenie little bit of coffee flavor.

I used regular cream cheese with my breakfast this week and it tasted so rich and delicious! I savored every bite.

I used to use a ton of creamy dressing on my salad. I have been faithfully measuring out salad dressing since I started WW. I find that the amount I use now (1 tablespoon on a small salad) is plenty and the dressing seems to have more flavor than I remember from my days of using way too much.

I think eating more unprocessed food has really changed my tastebud sensitivity. It's been a three week process for the sugar and a two week process for everything else (since I started WW.)