How long does a refund take on Disney Gift Cards?

bluejasmine

DIS Veteran
Booked a package with like 70 gift cards but found a better deal thru a travel agency, anyone know how long that refund will take.

I actually feel bad for who ever does the refund but this will save me another $1200! I just pray nothing goes wrong with the refunds since there are so many cards..

I canceled 2 weeks ago and it took about a week and a half...... What other deal did you find?

Side note- Charleston is about 2 hours from me...

Hello neighbor!

How many gift cards did you use?

I found a offer thru the agency I work for that puts me at the resort we originally wanted. The Poly with my 7 day park hopper tickets, DDP and free DQ tickets for $1200 less..

I just have to call our Groups Coordinator to get the dates straight then call CRO to see how canceling and then go from there..

I cancelled a trip with Gift cards. Luckily I kept all the gift cards - I learned that lesson the hard way last time - but anyway, The first refund was in about 10 days - with the final one about 20 days later - I had 12 gift cards

I kept my gift cards, since I read here on DIS to save them.. I have 75 that they will have to refund! I worry about any mistakes happening since there are so many...Plus they will have to refund me money on my debit card as well..

bluejasmine said:
I kept my gift cards, since I read here on DIS to save them.. I have 75 that they will have to refund! I worry about any mistakes happening since there are so many...Plus they will have to refund me money on my debit card as well..

Depends on where you purchased them or your bank. Disney will do the correction and it will not take long, unless you do it over a weekend or a holiday. It totally depends on how you acquired them, or in the case of your debit card, your own bank.

The gift cards were purchased from Target.. Why would where I got them make a difference?

Was going to turn around use them to pay off the other offer & use rest for spending money..

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

Oh, I didn't actually use any gift cards.. Just one debit and one credit card.... 1,200 is a lot of money- I'm glad to hear you have a better offer! When are you going?

Booked a package with like 70 gift cards but found a better deal thru a travel agency, anyone know how long that refund will take.

I actually feel bad for who ever does the refund but this will save me another $1200! I just pray nothing goes wrong with the refunds since there are so many cards..

Just curious why you would pay this way. 70 gift cards? I would be nervous too.

Just curious why you would pay this way. 70 gift cards? I would be nervous too.

Saved me $415!! Bought at Target with Red Debit Card & Target Pharmacy Reward Card

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & CR Sept 8-15, 2013

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter