How long do you think the waiting lists will be for each resort?

Discussion in 'Purchasing DVC' started by babesboo99, Mar 17, 2013.

1. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

At best 4 spots lol but 4 is 4 I guess. I am not in a rush and am at least glad I know where we sit, even if it meant no movement.

What is interesting is my guide has never made mention of the 6 month expiration that folks have been told...it will be interesting to see what happens come 10/2 if we are still on the list.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Official Ticket Center is Orlando’s #1 discount attraction ticket agency, selling millions of Walt Disney tickets around the world.

to hide this adverts.
  3. elfbo

elfbo DIS Veteran

From what I understood, people who got on the waiting list by 3/19 got grandfathered in at the old price for however long it took. People who waitlisted after that date at the old prices, only get it for 6 months.

4. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

What good luck for you with the VGC!

5. ACDSNY

ACDSNY I love my job! I love my job! I love my job!

I guess things do happen for a reason!:thumbsup2

6. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

Ah..,technically I'm a 3/19 person. Quote that was held/honored until I was in a state where I could officially get on the list. cool.

7. babesboo99

babesboo99 Veteren Disney Vacationer

I hope It's not going to be that long. I have to book my vacation come Nov for BCV I am getting very inpatient now and it's been 2 months already

8. queendarvet

queendarvet Mouseketeer

Just received a call from my guide. My waitlist for BWV points came in today. December use year. I went on the list 3/11. I guess some of the contracts bought back have closed.

9. babesboo99

Congratulations!! Let's hope it won't be long for others

10. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

Yay! How many points if you don't mind me asking?

11. queendarvet

queendarvet Mouseketeer

50 points. The points are already in our account, includes 2012 points.

12. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

That's wonderful! I have a feeling we are still a long ways off but it's some movement at least :) I'd like them by September and in many ways longer wait is better for pro rated dues, lol!

13. Sunshine22

Sunshine22 Mouseketeer

I've been waiting at least 2 months for BCV. I hope I get my points soon so I can book my entire Spring break at BCV vs. splitting my reservations until I get the additional BCV points. My 11 month window just opened up, so I'm very anxious.

14. mom_rules

mom_rules <font color=FF66FF>LOVES the Yachtsmen!<br><font c

I was told we are 4th in line for BCV Aug UY. Hope soon...........

15. babesboo99

I talked to my guide about 3 weeks ago and we were 10 on the list we are waiting for 50pts at BCV with an Sept or Oct use year I won der how far behind I am now

16. babesboo99

Our 11month window doesn't open till Nov but we are getting anxious now. If we get 2012 pts I would have to rent them because we would be traveling in our 2014 use year

17. erikawolf2004

erikawolf2004 DIS Veteran DVC Gold

When did you go on the list again? We are an Aug UY also and went on March 17th...but we are in a state that they haven't approved the license or whatever it is that they issue to a timeshare company that allows them to market in the state....I really hope they get this worked out soon!!! I want my points!!!

TIA

Erika

18. mom_rules

mom_rules <font color=FF66FF>LOVES the Yachtsmen!<br><font c

Same date! for 150 pts. How many are you looking for?

19. erikawolf2004

erikawolf2004 DIS Veteran DVC Gold

We are looking for 125 points....hopefully we will hear something soon!!! We have a trip planned for next March and need those points!!!

Erika

20. babesboo99

We went on the list Mar 11th for 50pts at BCV

21. nd43

nd43 Disney Fan

Given I have moved from a person waiting on a resale contract that was eventually RORFd to a person that is now on the wait list to buy direct, I am know thinking about these issues as well!

Two things came to my mind:

1- The wait list is comprised of both add ons and new DVC members looking to buy an old resort. This causes a conflict for Disney because I am sure they would much prefer to have the new members buy the open, new resort (what they are currently promoting). Therefore, making the wait list too efficient works against their primary goal of selling the new resorts and I think all the add on DVC members are caught in the cross fire. They do not want ALL the resorts to have the same access for new members. Having new members wait a few months for an old resort while immediately getting the new resort is an incentive for the new resort.

2- I wonder how many people, when they come up on the wait list, say "no thanks". Therefore, if Disney kept buying old points quickly they could fear draining the list of real buyers and end up getting stuck with the points. By keeping the list longer, they are more assured the points they do buy will sell because they can work a longer list to get them sold. Again, if they were too efficient, they might get stuck holding points they cannot quickly sell because people drop off the list come decision time.

These were just my thoughts on why Disney might not like really short wait lists.