How long do you think the waiting lists will be for each resort?

So a question-Do you have to add points with the exact Use year to your contract? For instance if your current DVC has a December use year can you add on points with a March Use year?

I heard from my guide today...he said there are people ahead of me who have been on the list since January...to expect it will take another couple of months, but I should expect to get 2012 points. I have a September use year and I'm on the list for BCV.

Do you think it would improve your chances?

I can't see how it is a chance issue, just a timing one. If you are on the waitlist, you will get your points, eventually.

Some UY's may have shorter wait lists. The only way to find out would be to call but if you are on it at old pricing I can't imagine they'd let you change UY's and keep the old price, it would be a new waitlist at current prices, and you'd be at the bottom of it.

For me, 2 different UY's would not remotely be worth the hassle. It means 2 different memberships not just different contracts under a master and would really restrict the ability to pool points to 1x a year transfers.

Our waitlist for VGC, AUG UY came through today.:cheer2:

Only 4 months so that's faster than I thought it would be. It's kind of funny as I called about 10 days ago to get taken off the list since we had an offer accepted on an SSR resale contract, but my guide talked me out of it just in case we still wanted them later. The seller backed out of our deal on the resale contract so I'm a happy camper these have come through.

Our waitlist for VGC, AUG UY came through today.:cheer2:

Only 4 months so that's faster than I thought it would be. It's kind of funny as I called about 10 days ago to get taken off the list since we had an offer accepted on an SSR resale contract, but my guide talked me out of it just in case we still wanted them later. The seller backed out of our deal on the resale contract so I'm a happy camper these have come through.
Congrats! Sounds as though good fortune smiled on you. :thumbsup2 We're sitting at just over two months waiting for VWL and no movement of late. Those smaller contracts just don't come through very quickly there.

I am convinced that the wait lists are not nearly as long as disney would like us to believe they are. I wait listed VGC Aug UY in January and was told minimum of 6-9 months but they came through yesterday. I no longer need them but that's another point.

I told my guide Sept or Oct use years whether that helps I do not know. We are waiting on 50pts BCV went on Mar11th .

I told my guide Sept or Oct use years whether that helps I do not know. We are waiting on 50pts BCV went on Mar11th .

I know I posted something similiar on another thread but I have to wonder what Disney is doing when contracts like below are passing and people like you are on waiting list::confused:

ProfessorChris---250 BCV (Oct), $62, 86 banked 12 pts, all 13 & 14 pts, buyer pays admin fee, seller pays closing & mf (sub 4/10, passed 4/30)

Congrats! Sounds as though good fortune smiled on you. :thumbsup2 We're sitting at just over two months waiting for VWL and no movement of late. Those smaller contracts just don't come through very quickly there.

It all worked out nicely. I've been watching for a small resale contract for several months, but by the time I'd see them in the evenings they were already gone.

I am convinced that the wait lists are not nearly as long as disney would like us to believe they are. I wait listed VGC Aug UY in January and was told minimum of 6-9 months but they came through yesterday. I no longer need them but that's another point.

I was told the same thing in early January, now you have me wondering if I could up the number of points by a few more.

we are still waiting... BWV Dec UY. I figure I will call in a couple of weeks to see where we are at if nothing happens. We didn't get on the list until 4/2 though it was at the old price. At the time we went on there was about 13-14 ahead of us for our UY with the longest being a 2/28 wait start date. I'm sure there has been movement...but how much who knows.

we are still waiting... BWV Dec UY. I figure I will call in a couple of weeks to see where we are at if nothing happens. We didn't get on the list until 4/2 though it was at the old price. At the time we went on there was about 13-14 ahead of us for our UY with the longest being a 2/28 wait start date. I'm sure there has been movement...but how much who knows.

I talked to my guide on Monday. I'm waiting for 25 BWV Oct UY points. We got on the list on 3/19. He said on Monday there was still a page and a half of people waiting for BWV points. He was kind enough to scan the list for me and said that there were 9 people ahead of us waiting for BWV Oct UY points. He said the person at the top of the list for BWV Oct. UY points was waiting for 60 points and had been waiting since 3/1.

Just found out we are 23rd on the list for BWV. :-(.

Sep UY

Wow, when did you go on the list? It doesn't seem possible that you would have 22 people ahead of you waiting for Sep UY considering that eandesmom was told on 4/2 that she had 13-14 ahead of her for a Dec UY and I was just told on Monday that we had 9 ahead of us for an Oct UY. Did your guide say that you were 23rd on the list for Sep UY or 23rd on the list for any UY?

I would guess total. He didn't specify, I'll send him another message and ask him to specify.

I called my guide after all. There has been NO movement in my UY. Not one. Oldest on the list is still 2/28.

:sad:

I don't really "need" them until Oct and well I probably don't "need" them at all (want of course) but still, no movement is a pretty big bummer.

I called my guide after all. There has been NO movement in my UY. Not one. Oldest on the list is still 2/28.

:sad:

I don't really "need" them until Oct and well I probably don't "need" them at all (want of course) but still, no movement is a pretty big bummer.

Hang in there. In looking at the ROFR thread I can see that Disney bought back 222 BWV Dec UY points on 4/19. As soon as they close on that contract they should start selling them and you should start moving up the list. Unfortunately, I don't see where they have bought back any BWV Oct. UY points which is what I'm waiting for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter