How long did VWL renovations take? Should we swap out of BCV ressie?

Strange that it's been said that room refurbs would be completed by early summer, yet people staying in Oct are getting letter.
Aren't they also rehabbing the BC? I think they are sending the same letter to all guests of the BCV &, BC. Maybe the rehab for the entire resort won't be done until the end of the year?

Aren't they also rehabbing the BC? I think they are sending the same letter to all guests of the BCV &, BC. Maybe the rehab for the entire resort won't be done until the end of the year?

Very strange. I thought BC was being rehabbed BEFORE BCV. Perhaps I was wrong or they changed their minds at the last minute. All I know for sure is that I'm one of those with reservations in mid-October wondering if/when I'll get the letter and how things will be when I get there.

We received a letter as well and we are staying in December. I guess they are sending letters to everyone who could possibly be affected by resort renovations.

I called into member services as we are staying in August. I mentioned that there are letters going out about rehab running past August 22, the rep went into detail pulling up all different screens and such.
I was told the Hard goods refurb will take place end of March till Aug 22. Then there is a Soft goods rehab starting early August till December 31st with low- impact to guests.. Notes say the soft goods are only changing the drapes and adding a fifth sleeper in the studios.

Well, I finally got the "dreaded letter" yesterday, for my stay starting October 18th. I had to laugh at their spin on noise "you may overhear our 'magic-making'". I appreciate their warning, but the fact is it's the F&W-unless the BCV is banging hammers while I'm sleeping at night, I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else then. I LOVE BCV during the F&W.

We are staying at BCV for 9 nights in May. I have not received any letter. Hoping to be lucky enough to get a refurbished room.

michelleiada - we are also staying in May and NO letter here either. I requested a refurbed room - I guess we'll see.

We are staying 8/11-8/18 and haven't received any letter - wonder why some are and some aren't?

We are staying at BCV late May through June and got the letter. I'm not really worried at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter