How likely is it that I will be able to book a Cabana at CC?

AeroKU

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!
We are cruising on the Dream 3 months from today! This is our first cruise and we can start booking excursions, etc. on 3/31. We will be going to CC twice on this cruise, and I am wanting to surprise my family with a Cabana on one of the days (don't really care which - actually, it might be better if it's the second day, or else my kids will get spoiled on the first day and will beg for it again on the second day!! :D). Will the Cabanas get taken up by those with earlier booking dates? How likely is it that I will be able to get one for one of the two days at CC?

Unless you're concierge (in which case you should've already booked the cabana), your odds are slim to none. That being said, keep checking - something might open up.

My family and I are sailing at the end of May - we're gold and were able to book a cabana (there were only 2 available when we logged in to book). Good luck!

Completely depends but the only way to have the best chance is to travel in concierge. We are platinum and our last sailing I logged in at midnight and there was two left. I was able to reserve one of those but the other one was gone immediately as well. But I have gotten one as a silver and gold before. Check the website often if none are available at midnight on your check in day. Good luck! They are nice to have in my opinion :)

We sailed on the Wonder (first cruise) and I kept checking, but they were all booked. When we boarded the ship I put our name on a waitlist for a cabana and we got a call the day before our Castaway Cay stop that there was one available if we wanted it. We took it and it was amazing!!
If one isn’t available on your initial booking day, keep trying. You never know when one might open up. Good luck!

I was unable to get one on the Fantasy in early November as platinum. I checked in right at midnight EST and there were none available. I checked every day until sail date and no luck.

Basically zero. There are 20 (family beach), and all of concierge, platinum, gold and silver will have a chance at them before you do.

You probably will not get one on check in day, but keep checking. I was able to grab one on our very first cruise, so it is possible.

They are normally booked up by concierge, but you never know. I had one booked as concierge and then decided the cost wasn't worth it and decided to give it up. I went on the cruise meet thread to see if anyone wanted it and was able to arrange for her to grab it when I canceled it. So that could possibly be an option too.

You could potentially get lucky, but like most have mentioned, it's super hard. We are gold and about to go platinum next year and we still have yet to get a hold of one.

I have gotten one as a Silver CC member...but it was on the Magic (smaller than the Dream) and Serenity Bay (adults only - even in the cabanas) which was fine for us, but would not work for a family with kids under 18.

Thanks everyone. If I'm not able to get one on my booking day, I'll keep checking and see if one pops up.

I checked this morning and as of today there are none available for that cruise. I hope you are able to get one!

Yes, keep checking and waitlist on board as mentioned. We were on a cruise where two cabanas went empty (and a third was filled by a waitlist person) because people cancelled and no other folks were on the waitlist. So it does happen. Good luck. We love it and have been able to get one each cruise since we were Gold and now Platinum.

Yes, keep checking and waitlist on board as mentioned. We were on a cruise where two cabanas went empty (and a third was filled by a waitlist person) because people cancelled and no other folks were on the waitlist. So it does happen. Good luck. We love it and have been able to get one each cruise since we were Gold and now Platinum.
Especially on a double dip cruise. Sometimes people reserve one cabana for both Castaway Cay days, then after the first day of Cabana rental change their mind about paying again for a cabana.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter