How late in the day are your kids' activities?

Lets see now, when I was 8 I was heavily involved with riding. I had lessons three times a week, they ended at 0830. After the lessons I had to take care of my pony and then we'd go home. Generally my mom would pack a dinner for me, I'd eat on the drive home, shower, and go to bed. On the nights I didn't have lessons I was still at the barn riding, got home a little earlier. One night a week I had girl scouts so I didn't go ride. Weekends I spent most of the day at the barn riding various horses to get practice. During the summer I had swim team in the morning, up at 0500 to go to the pool. I don't know how I did it all and did the G/T classes with straight As!

I am so glad I don't have this issue, I bet these late practices might be slotted to work around dinner schedules etc..
DD5 has karate until 6:15 2 nights a week, gymnastics to 6:30 1X a week, and Tap and Ballet are Saturday,1 in morning and 1 in the afternoon. I was just thinking how all the classes were wearing me out, the OP has it worse than I do with all the late practices/classes.
I am going to go count my blessings now.

Just wait until your kids are a few years older:rotfl: My DS12 made the soccer team at his junior high school. He has practice or a game (most of them away games) every night except Sunday and Friday from now until November:scared1:

His school does not have their own soccer fields so they play and practice at the town park. He comes home from school at 3:30, has a snack, and I get home and immediately bring him to practice.

I just started back to work (8:15 to 3) this year after being a stay-at-home mom for 10 years. I am so not used to all this running around. And this is just for my son, I also have a DD8. Luckily she's only into ice skating lessons on Sunday afternoons.

I admire all you gals who have multiple kids in multiple activities. I guess I need time to adjust to our new crazy :eek: lifestyle!

DD5 does dance from 6:45-7:45 on Wednesdays. It's a little late, but she has PM Kindergarten, so it's a doable schedule.

DD7 has gymnastics from 6-7:30 on Monday's. She's a little tired after that, but so far so good.

I am so glad I don't have this issue, I bet these late practices might be slotted to work around dinner schedules etc..

I've heard so much in recent years about how families rarely have dinner together anymore..now I understand why.

I should just cherish it now because as someone else said, just wait a few years. We are able to sit at the dinner table at the same time every night and have dinner as a family..now.

I imagine if dd, 5 ever makes gymnastics team or when she increases levels in dance, things might change.

What *really* rubs me the wrong way is Sunday morning sports. I think that's one reason my ds is not involved in sports. Well, he does gymnastics. All the kids have games on Sunday mornings and we are not willing to sacrifice church and sunday school. It didn't used to be that way...it used to be just saturday mornings.

I refuse to over schedule my kids so I limit activities to two per season.

DD6

Mondays- Girl Scouts 630-8 pm,

Tuesdays- Dance- 430-6pm

DS 4

Nothing as of yet

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter