How is the Oceaneer's Lab?

pinkdaisy

Earning My Ears
First time DCL cuisers - April 10 2004.(Magic, Western )

Here are some questions:

What is the oceaneer's lab like?(DD)

What is the oceaneer's club like?(DD)

I'm a tad bit nervous about leaving my 10 yr. old with unknown adults. Any reassurances from recent cruisers about the Oceaneer Lab counselors/programs? (DM)

Let me sum it up in my 8 year old sons words "Mom I almost felt like they(the councelors) liked me the best, but thats just Disney isn't it mom?" Could that be an ad for DCL or what. :happy1:

Hi, We just got back from our 1/18 cruise. Our twin daughters are 10 and we have a 4 year old daughter. They all had so much fun. We put the twins in the 8-9 group since they just turned 10 and also because 10 and up sign themselves in and out and we didn't feel comfortable with that. The 10 year olds loved it and when we'd come get them, they'd ask to stay longer. The 4 year old also loved it. They give you a pager and will page you if needed and also your children can tell a counselor they are ready to leave and they will page a message to you saying to come pick up your child. We explained this to our four year old and she did call us one time. She just told the counselor "I'm ready for my mommy and daddy to come get me" and they called us. This was very reassuring and all of the counselors were nice, full of energy and very accommodating. I think you'll be pleased.

pinkdaisy,

First of all let me say welcome to the DIS cruise line boards. Second, we are also on the April 10th Easter cruise and we have a post going on the cruise meets boards. It would be great to have you join us over there. I am putting together our list for the cruise and there are several 8-12yo who will be in the Lab with your DD including my 8yo DD, and there are several kids who will be in the Club.

I cannot say enough good things about the club/lab. This is our 4th cruise and my oldest was 10yo when she went to the lab for the first time. She had a great time and really enjoyed it. They have many activities and group events and they also allow some free time where you can get on the computers or play games. My youngest has been in the club twice, when she was 4 and then when she was 7. She loved the club. Trying to get her out of there was like pulling teeth. I cannot say enough about the counselors. They are wonderful. I have never had any problems leaving my children in the clubs and you can check on them at any time.

Since this is your first cruise if you have any more questions please feel free to email me at LNaylor863@aol.com and come on over and join our cruise meets board.

LeiLani

DD first cruised DCL at Club age, then thru both age groups at lab age. They are great. They key to her having a fantastic time was making a friend in the first day or 2 of the cruise. If she has a buddy, she loves the programming. Otherwise, she's "bored."

The worst experience was when she hooked up with another 11 year old. Unfortuantely, the girl was travelling with large extended family, and her mother decided that she and my daughter were spending too much time together and the girl should play with her younger cousins. Both girls were upset.

This time, we have met a friend on line, and the kids have been corresponding...so it's a "ready made" friend for the trip. Can you say "rainforest time for the mommy?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter