• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is the First Week of November???

waltdisneyworlddreamer

100% WDW Fanatic
I've only been in summer and the last time was the week of 4th of July. :crazy: It was WAY TOO HOT and WAY TOO CROWDED!! so we are planning to go Nov. 5-10. How will this time of the year compare? Crowds??? Temperatures??? Can you still swim in November?? What about park hours?? Is there anything big that we will be missing? Do they still have the evening parades?
Thanks so much for all your help!! :D

We usually go around that week....we never have had to wait long in lines, have always been able to swim, the crowds were tolerable and didn't even really need to make ps for where we wanted to eat....we were able to see the majority of the parks without stressing and taken long swim breaks in the day. The only downside we've seen is that the parks close a bit earlier. The food and wine fest. in epcot is awesome too! Hope this helps! princess: :wizard: pirate:

After nine trips at various times of the year, I'd say early November was the best of all of them from the standpoint of short lines and moderate temperatures. Go for it!

:moped:

Our 1st trip down 4 years ago was the 1st week in November. It was perfect. We got to see and do everything. The weather was gorgeous with temps in the high 80's but no humidity. We were able to swim. Parks not crowded. Since then we've had to go on school vacations as my daughter is now in her 1st year of high school and we won't take her out of school now. School vacation time is a totally different animal! Glad our 1st time was in November. Enjoy...have fun :D

My last trip to WDW was 11-4 to 11-9 2004. The weather was perfect and certainly warm enough to swim. We were not dragged down by high temperatures and high crowds. We also caught the last two weeks of food and wine festival. Two days before leaving we saw the start of a few Christmas decorations going up. We are planning a return trip in 2005 and shooting for the first part of November. Maybe we will see you there.

:jumping1:
Yeah!!!!!!!!! Sounds great!! That is what we were shooting for! We will have to pull the kids out of school for 4 days, but it sounds like it will be worth it!!

Just to let you know,that will be the dreaded Jersey Week! Schools in Jersey have off the 9th and 10th of Nov. and alot of people from Jersey head down that week. It is also Vetrens day and probably Super Soap Weekend at MGM.That being said, we are going that week.We've been during Jersey week the last few years and have not found it too crowded.Busy,but using fast pass and going early make it doable. :earboy2:

I'll be there that week as yes, it's Jersey Week. I am going with a group and we were able to get some good rates.

we went 11/6-11/12 one year, and it was great. It was still nice and warm, the food & wine festival was going on; it was crowded on the weekend though, because that year it was also Soap Star weekend, but we avoided MGM Saturday & Sunday and we were fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter