How is the Fairfield Inn?

greewe

Mouseketeer
I am looking at staying within walking distance of Disneyland on our next trip. We have always stayed at Residence Inn (both of them), but want something closer.

For those that have stayed at Fairfield Inn, how was it? I have a big fear of heights and those outside walkway really concern me!

How is the room size? I have stayed at other Fairfield Inn's. Are they about the same?

I love all the Disney prints in the rooms. I think it might make it feel alittle more Disney like!

Thanks in advance!

We stayed there in Dec. 03. Its ok, nothing too fancy. But clean, walking distance and decent size rooms. We had 3 adults and 2 (small) kids. If you have a fear of heights you could request a room on the first floor.

For those that have stayed at Fairfield Inn, how was it? Very clean. Typical Fairfield Inn.

I have a big fear of heights and those outside walkway really concern me!We were on the ground floor...maybe you can request/require.

How is the room size? Typical Fairfield motel room.
A few thoughts:

- A generic (no slides), but nice pool. (but it had an outdoor changing room, which came in handy on our departure day)
- An easy walk to parks (look at Hydroguy's thread on how close motels are in feet to the front gates). Closer than the Hojo's, a little further than 2 or 3 motels at "the Light"....but close enough for us to walk.
- We walked right by McDonalds coming and going. (handy for quick/inexpensive snacks for kiddo - who eats 5-6 snacky meals a day.)
- unlike every other Fairfield we've stayed at, no breakfast. (But because McDonalds was just a few feet away, this wasn't a big deal for the two nights we were there).

Have fun. pirate:

hound :cool2:

I have stayed there MANY times and we like it! It is walkable, but it sure seems far after a day walking around the parks.

I have stayed there MANY times and we like it! It is walkable, but it sure seems far after a day walking around the parks.

It did seem far with the kids in tow. But it was clean, convenient with McDonalds next door, but it's gotten more expensive since the last time we stayed there in '05. So we prefer Park Vue Inn. :)

We were there last weekend, our room on 7th floor was directly across from Space Mt, we had a good view of the fireworks in the air. Room was very clean, basic. Front desk was great, our heat/ac unit had blown a fuse, went down before dinner at Millies, came back and it was fixed. they do have a pizza hut/seattle best coffee food court on the 3rd floor that also had breakfast, prices comparable to park. the walk was only 5 more minutes past the shuttle area, it was nice not having to wait for the shuttles after a long day. we didn't use the pool, but it looked fine and was busy most nights. we plan on staying there again in Oct.

have a fun trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter