How is Mama Melrose

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by Bennettsmommy, Oct 20, 2013.

1. MouseMomx2

MouseMomx2 DIS Veteran

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. P00H1010

P00H1010 DIS Veteran

We had a great meal there last year for the Fantasmic! Package...we love Italian food and were not disappointed :thumbsup2

4. jaiminee krikit

jaiminee krikit Mouseketeer

I totally agree! My husband really enjoyed his steak (actually liked it better than Le Cellier), but my daughter and I did not enjoy our pizzas nearly as much. And I was looking forward to some tiramisu and was not impressed with the sliver they give you if you have the Fantasmic! package. I actually liked the spaghetti and meatball cupcake my daughter got better than our dessert!

5. Mikka

Mikka Mouseketeer

I had a pasta dish that was actually pretty decent, and my appetizer wasn't bad, but that dessert platter... ugh! The tiramisu was bad, but what was really horrible to me was the panna cotta. I know a lot of people don't like panna cotta to begin with, but I'm rather fond of it... but whatever they served at MM was not panna cotta. It was some sort of white milky runny substance of flavorless doom. Even our (very nice and personable) waitress admitted she thought it was the worst item on the menu by far, and that hardly anyone could stand it.

6. MidwayState

MidwayState Mouseketeer

I tried it for the first time back in November and we liked it well enough. It wasn't great but it was pretty good. Better than Sci Fi and on par with 50's but not as good as Brown Derby and light years above Hollywood n Vine. Going back next month. Hope that helps!

7. mlittig

mlittig DIS Veteran

I absolutely love the steak at Mama Melrose :love: The wine reduction was extremely tasty as was the five cheese macaroni :yay: It was my favorite steak of my trip, better than Be Our Guest and Le Cellier by far :rolleyes1

8. snorkelyn

snorkelyn Mouseketeer

We liked it! 7 of us dined there (4 adults, 3 kids) on a Fantasmic package last month. Every one of us got something different, and we were all happy with our choices. One got steak, one got vodka penne pasta, cant remember the rest. We have reservations there again for our next trip in April.

I like the Olive Garden, but I think Mama Melrose is a notch up. And the atmosphere is definitely a notch up from Olive Garden.

Only negative feedback: We had ADRs, however our wait for this one was the longest on our 11 day trip. Maybe it was a bad day?

9. Lynn1274

Lynn1274 Earning My Ears

I just cancelled my 50's Prime Time reservation for December 9th at 5:15. It will not cancel off of my Disney Experience so Im not sure if it is totally cancelled. I will call them Monday around 3:00pm and make sure it is cancelled. Maybe it will be yours for the taking.

btw - I replaced it with Mama Melrose :)

10. candicemo71

candicemo71 Earning My Ears

I went out on a limb and ordered the steak - it was absolutely wonderful. It was seasoned well and cooked as ordered (medium rare). It was actually the side of 5 cheese macaroni that stole the show - it was fabulous! The greens salad was very fresh and good.:thumbsup2

11. Little c Travel

Little c Travel Mouseketeer

We are eating here the day before the 1/2 Marathon and doing the Fantasmic Dinner package. How does the meal and seating for the show work. Been to Disney 1/2 dozen times over the past 20 years but have never made it to the show.

12. dutchdisneyfamily

dutchdisneyfamily Mouseketeer

I thought it was pretty good. In fact I liked my meal much better than the one I had at 50's earlier that day.

13. KarmaCat

KarmaCat Mouseketeer

Great ambience, but food is just okay. The kids' pizzas were made with such spicy sauce that it made my children cry! Lol! So embarrassing... We were very apologetic. Then the waitress told us that happens all the time and graciously brought us sauceless pizzas instead, and then comped us a number of things from our dinner without our asking or complaining at all... We were very surprised when we got the check. We left her a big tip!!!

My dish was also not expected to be a spicy dish (whole grain pasta with grilled veggies) but it was super-spicy and gave me killer heartburn. My husband said his flatbread pizza was also quite spicy, but he enjoyed it that way. So, you may want to be wary if you don't like or can't easily digest spicy food!

14. Belle83

Belle83 DIS Veteran

We really liked it the first time (Dec. 2012), and went back a 2nd time on our last trip (April 2013). DH is very picky about Italian food and he wants to go back again, lol.