How important will it be to own at PVB?

Yeah, if you were counting on the 7 pt studios, you would have been bummed that your costs went up 40%...

Any family with more than 5 people are going to be completely locked out of PVB, not counting the bungalows. 5 in a studio, even one the size of a PVB room, is going to be tight. I don't think a family of 5 is going to book PVB that much. I don't know the stats, but I would guess the fact that PVB is studios only pretty much discourages about 1/2 of the DVC membership from staying there at all.

Where can a family of 5 stay?
One of the new style studios like PVB,WL,GFV.
A small number of 1 bedroom rooms with a pull out sofa and chair.
A 2 bedroom anywhere.

The 2 bedroom lockoffs disappear when someone looks the studio portion and the points are much higher.

OKW 2-bedroom for 7 nights end of OCT/Begining of Nov is 232 points.
A 2-bedroom for same week VGF is 359 points
PVB 2 studios for same week is 260 points. (Bungalow is 874!)
The 2 bedroom gets a kitchen many will never cook in. (I have made ham and christmas cookies before!)
The 2 studios get 4 bathing areas to get ready to go out and 2 smaller fridges for food. 2 microwaves to heat up 2 different meals at the same time.

Its all about what you want.
Trip with my parents we had a 2 bed savannah view. We had family style meals and gathered in the kitchen/living room like at home.
Trip with in-laws is going to be PVB 2 studios and dining plan for lots of table service.

This is the same when we visit at their homes also.

DVC is about choices for YOUR life. Thats why their are so many choices.

According to my guide, there are people out there buying a crazy number of points for fixed weeks at the Bungalows. So I concur with you that they must have done quite of bit of extensive research on this before they were built. Can't imagine them messing around with the point charts THAT much (but has this ever happened before - a substantial altering of points?)
You know the joke, right? How do you know when a timeshare salesperson is lying? They're breathing.

I've seen one, maybe two reports of someone blowing upwards of half a million dollars on a fixed-week bungalow. Those deeds are public record. That's two, out of 52 weeks times 20 bungalows = 1,040 weeks.

DVC is about choices for YOUR life. Thats why their are so many choices.

Very true that there are many different choices throughout the DVC program.

But it's hard to argue with YourEveryDayAdam's assertion that the room makeup of PVB alienates a large portion of the membership. There are undoubtedly members who bought into DVC for the larger villas. They want the full kitchen, laundry facilities, privacy of a separate bedroom, etc. That was a HUGE part of why our family bought more than 10 years ago.

That option exists at BoardWalk Villas, Saratoga Springs and 10 other DVC properties.

But not at the Polynesian.

Studio rooms have many fans and I would even argue that the DVC program as a whole needed more Studios to meet that demand. But it doesn't change the fact that anyone who has kitchens, private sleeping quarters and other high-end amenities on their "must have" list will be forced to look outside of the Polynesian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter