How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by cdotla, May 23, 2010.

1. Glite

Glite I was 2 years old when I first met the mouse. Been

In one of your recent post, you stated that you purchased tickets at the counter. Was this for you all or your relatives? If they were for you and your family why the counter purchase? Is this because it is cheaper cost buying everything seperate(hotel, food & tickets) rather than a package deal?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. dancin_princess

dancin_princess DIS Veteran

Your daughters dress that she wore to Mickey's Backyard BBQ is so pretty!!! Glad to hear that you have a prospective Disney trip to look forward too. I really like your new title. That's awesome you finally got a BIG smile out of your husband.

4. kschafer

kschafer DIS Veteran

Hey Trish, I'm caught up from my LONG weekend without internet!

So exciting about a new trip. It seems like a long way to go but as someone else who likely won't return until 2011 (hopefully in November to celebrate my 40th with Mickey) I understand!

How nice your nephews jumped right in and enjoyed themselves so much :goodvibes Can't wait to hear about your trip to the beach

5. CdnCarrie

CdnCarrie DIS Veteran

You don't have to pay Bell Services to move luggage except a tip? :confused3

6. cdotla

cdotla Trish

Ha, ha! Yes, maybe there was a very good reason my nephews were so keen with this breakfast!:rotfl:

When we purchased the tickets at the IG the morning of our Princess Breakfast, my family of 4 had already spent 2 days in the Parks, so we obviously already had our tickets, as did my MIL.

It was just my SIL who didn't have tickets since she and her boys only arrived at 2:30am!

My SIL and her boys were not on a package because they were only staying 4 days and my MIL, who was in the same room, was staying 7 days. You can't do a package with dining unless everyone in the room bought the package for the whole 7 days, which obviously would not make any sense.

Once dining was eliminated, there was no point in getting a package. Ticket cost would have been the same whether purchased in a package, at the gate, or at concierge. The gate was more convenient for us and we didn't need to backtrack to the lobby that morning, although given the fact that I now know the ticket counter at IG doesn't necessarily open at 8am, in retrospect we should have bought the tickets back at the resort.;)

As for my family of 4, we bought the dining plan while at the BCV, but because it was a DVC trade, we didn't need to buy park tickets or be on a package in order to add the dining plan. As a result, we used our GAD vouchers for our first day in the Parks, then upgraded them after we used them. Saved us over $300 doing it that way!;)

Thank you!:goodvibes

Thanks Katie!:)

Since we had btwn 8-10 bags, based on the standard $2 per bag, it would have cost us $16-20 at the Contemporary, and a further $16-20 at the BC.

So for a savings of $32-40, I decided we could carry our own bags.:laughing:

Like I said...I am cheap!:rotfl:

7. Wicket's Mom

Wicket's Mom DIS Veteran

Gotta love those teen age boys, they will surprise you everytime.

Your DH had such a big smile at that breakfast, there's hope for him yet!

I will be heading back to Florida in the morning, Mom passed away yesterday. My next trips to Florida should be much better than these last three. :sad1:

8. MagicShell

MagicShell DIS Veteran

I love breakfast in Norway. I'm glad everyone enjoyed it. Your nephews sound really sweet. I know your kids loved being with them. Cousins can be best friend even when they only see each other every once in a while.

9. MadiMouse

MadiMouse Member of the 2011 WDW Moms Panel

Your DH (Chris) cracks me up!!! His facial expressions in the breakfast picture is priceless. LOL. I'm glad your DNephews enjoyed themselves, too!!! ;)

10. lexmas

lexmas DIS Veteran

That picture of your DH is too funny. I would frame it, if I were you!

Glad to hear that your nephews were really sweet with the kids and good sports about the breakfast!

Can't wait to hear more!

11. eandesmom

eandesmom I'm with Beast

Hmmm, so Chris has a thing for Belle?

:rotfl:

it's a great picture of him. But even better is the cousins holding hands!

12. DisneyFairy66

DisneyFairy66 I love my Bichon Frise, Dixie Mae! Fan of Daisy Du

loving your TR! You take amazing pictures.

13. Twingle

Twingle DIS Veteran

My goodness, I go away for a few days, and so much changes!

Love the new TR title, and I'll think happy thoughts for your trip in October, 2011! Hhmmm, that sounds like a nice time to go I think - might have to work on my own DH for that ;)

14. TXdisney

TXdisney Mouseketeer

I really am enjoying your TR!! :)

15. SoonerGirl

SoonerGirl DIS Veteran

What great nephews you have! I too love that picture of them holding hands with your kids :goodvibes

It looks like detesting photographs runs in the family, Chris's sister doesn't look too thrilled to be having her picture taken in either of the two you posted containing her. I think their mother definitely should have pulled out the camera more often when they were children! :laughing:

Breakfast sounds like it was one of the high points! I'm looking forward to hearing about your day at the beach.

16. mercydisney

mercydisney Is it on sale?

HI I'm loving your trip report!!
    My DH hates Disney. Why? Because he introduced me to Disney World in 1994 as our 1st vacation as man and wife. We did not go their on our Honeymoon as I wanted. I believe this is due to the fact that DH realized earlier in our relationship that once I met "The Mouse" their would be no other mouse but him.

We moved to FL to be closer to the mouse. I give the excuse of relocation but me and the mouse know the real reason.
    Anyhow, now DH will come along w/a look of dispair on his face when I tell him I bought tickets come if you want to. He always seems to want to :confused3?
    Can't wait to read the next chapter.

17. DisneyBoundinDec

DisneyBoundinDec DIS Veteran

Lol. See. That's what I would have said too. "go back then!!"

Bless your heart. You sure are handling this a lot better than I would have.
    Yes, well me too but they don't need to know that now do they!!!:laughing:
    I am sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug:

18. TinyDancer

TinyDancer DIS Veteran

We are going back next October too! :cool1:

So glad that your nephews were good sports about the Princess breakfast! They seem like great kids!

19. DisneyBoundinDec

DisneyBoundinDec DIS Veteran

I hit enter too early!! :rotfl:
    First off I am sorry for your loss. Your aunt in law seemed like a lovely lady. :hug:

Your parties are FABULOUS!! Move over Martha! Not too mention you have affordable kiddies too!

And yea on a trip in the planning!! Leave Chris at home!!!! :laughing: go enjoy your self and show that family all the magic that is Disney:wizard:

Good for you for running again. I am currently training for a 10K and then I start training for the Disney 1/2 in January!!

Can't wait to read more. :thumbsup2 but then again I really don't want to hear the ugly. I may have to fly up there and kick some Disney resister booty!

20. cdotla

cdotla Trish

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry for your loss!:sad1:

21. cdotla

cdotla Trish

Yes - my nephews were fantastic! Such pleasureable people to be around!:goodvibes

Well...Belle is his favourite Princess, you know!;)

I love that photo of the cousins too!:goodvibes