How I Survived 11 Days at WDW with a Disney-Resistant Husband **2/20 THE END **

I'm so happy for you with your trip next October!!! Yay!

My DH does not like talking about the trip or even planning but once he's there, it's all about Disney! Lol. I bet your DH will NOT abandon plans because you will be with your DFs.

You are so, so right! Nothing like having your close friends around to keep everyone on their best behaviour!;)

Woohoo! :woohoo: Bet you are doing the happy dance right now! :dancer:

End of Sept, beginning of Oct are my usual dates! maybe we can have a DIS meet! :cool1:

A Dis Meet would be great!!! Are we too early planning one 14 months in advance?!:laughing:

I've been reading this trip report for most of the day! Your family is beautiful and the birthday parties were very impressive! I don't have kids yet but now I really want to plan a party for someone!

Oh, thank you so much!:goodvibes And Welcome!!!:welcome: Hope you stick around!

And just a warning about the party planning - I have found it can become addictive! You should check out Amy Atlas and Tom Kat Studio - they are usually where I find my best inspiration!:goodvibes

Been reading your TR and even though this trip so far was not what you thought it would be, I'm glad to hear that another one is in the works for you! I am planning on a trip at that time too - would love to be down there for F & W festival next year...my dh is not the biggest Disney fan either but he does enjoy it once we get down there.

Thank you so much!:goodvibes

Just between me and you, I have a hunch the first of October 2011 is going to be THE time to be in the World!!!

Food & Wine is hands down my absolute favourite thing about the Parks. Nothing beats Food & Wine in my books!!! I already foresee using Disney's Kids Clubs a couple nights so the 4 adults can go out and enjoy the evening festivities at least once or twice during the trip!;)

MNSSHP is also a favourite. When Katie and I did the Party back in 2007, I vowed then and there to someday return with my family and go all out with an awesome group themed costume!

And I would love to one day tell my grandkids that I was at the MK for its 40th, 50th, 60th, 70th and 80th Anniversaries!:goodvibes

Good to know you had such a great experience with the PP photographer at BC. I am considering a family session next May when the three of us go back. :goodvibes

Sorry for your loss Trish! :hug: She sounds like an amazing woman.

I am excited to see Stormalong Bay when we eat at BC. I really want to stay there someday. Cute picture of the four of you! The BCV looks amazing!! Great shots of Illuminations from your MIL balcony!

Mickey's Backyard BBQ: seems a bit chaotic but so sorry you did not get to enjoy the entertainment of it.

:woohoo: for another trip!! :dancer: I will be looking forward to hearing how your plans unfold. There are several of us who are debating on coming in for the F&W races, though the 5k. Well, two are pretty sure they will be going. Me, it depends on which PhD program I am in and if I can get away for the weekend.

:laughing: Love the new title!!

Looking forward to reading more. popcorn::

Thanks Stephanie! I am going to be following all of the reports very carefully regarding the inaugural F&W Half Marathon this year to see how it goes.

I must say though - I really wish it was early morning like the Princess and January Half. I have run at nite in the EEC, and quite enjoyed it, but the Half is a longer race which I think I would prefer in the daytime. Better to get character photos, and pictures in the Parks. Plus, I can't say I am postively thrilled about the concept of racing and sweating through a Half and then doing a cocktail party at F&W. Ewwww!:crazy2:

Given that they allow non-racers to come to the after party, I am assuming we might be able to run back to the BCV, shower, and return for the party. That is definitely what I will plan on doing. After we get our post-race metal photos, I will be out of there! Then we'll come back all cleaned up, with our metals around our necks and people will be amazed at how we could do all that running and not even break a sweat.:laughing:

I also like the fact that they allow you to break up the Half with a teammate. That way, if I don't quite feel up to doing 13 miles, I can split it with someone, but still get to experience the race.:thumbsup2 However, at this point I am dreaming big...the Half!!!

I hope everything works out with you for running in the Race this year! Keep us posted!;)

I SOOO do not need to read another TR right now, I'm having trouble staying caught up on everything as is. But two installments of your TR later, and I need to keep reading! So, I'm in for the ride. I'll let you know when I'm caught up! It won't be too long!

LOL, I'm reading this, and I am exactly like your husband. My wife loves Disney, and wanted to honeymoon there; my daughter wrote her college application essay on how Disney World is the happiest place on earth (she got in).

Me, I've made my peace with Walt's ghost and learned how to deal with it as something I give to my girls. I like certain things about it. And I can put up with other things. But at least once a trip I "shut down", and have to be restarted. This past trip it was in Hollywood, and I just had to sit off to the side in the shade until I got the spirit back.

He might never like it for himself, but if we're anything alike, he loves giving it to you and the kids. I might not want to be there, but I wouldn't trade anything for being there with my girls.

But next year it's Hawaii.

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you and it sounds like you have the starts of a great plan!! Does your hubby scuba dive? Would he like a Segway tour? Shawn has done Dive Quest at Epcot twice and, by far, it is one of his most favorite things to do. He did the Segway tour at Epcot as well and loved that too! If hubby and the other guy like to do those kinds of things it might be nice to just switch it up and go different places - girls and guys!! :confused3:confused3

I'm just so stinkin' excited for you!! :cool1::cool1:

Sara

I SOOO do not need to read another TR right now, I'm having trouble staying caught up on everything as is. But two installments of your TR later, and I need to keep reading! So, I'm in for the ride. I'll let you know when I'm caught up! It won't be too long!

:rotfl: Hopefully the links section will help you get caught up!;)

Thanks for joining and Welcome!:welcome:

LOL, I'm reading this, and I am exactly like your husband. My wife loves Disney, and wanted to honeymoon there; my daughter wrote her college application essay on how Disney World is the happiest place on earth (she got in).

Me, I've made my peace with Walt's ghost and learned how to deal with it as something I give to my girls. I like certain things about it. And I can put up with other things. But at least once a trip I "shut down", and have to be restarted. This past trip it was in Hollywood, and I just had to sit off to the side in the shade until I got the spirit back.

He might never like it for himself, but if we're anything alike, he loves giving it to you and the kids. I might not want to be there, but I wouldn't trade anything for being there with my girls.

But next year it's Hawaii.

:rotfl:about Hawaii! You aren't going to Disney's Ko Olina by chance, are you?:laughing:

Thank you so much for posting. It is nice to get the perspective from someone "on the other side".;)

I am sure your participation in the WDW trips is greatly appreciated by your wife and daughter. There is nothing better for us Dis-lovers than sharing our special place with our Families! :goodvibes

Yay!!! I'm so happy for you and it sounds like you have the starts of a great plan!! Does your hubby scuba dive? Would he like a Segway tour? Shawn has done Dive Quest at Epcot twice and, by far, it is one of his most favorite things to do. He did the Segway tour at Epcot as well and loved that too! If hubby and the other guy like to do those kinds of things it might be nice to just switch it up and go different places - girls and guys!! :confused3:confused3

I'm just so stinkin' excited for you!! :cool1::cool1:

Sara

Thanks Sara!:goodvibes

The Segway Tour is definitely something I want to fit in on our next trip. I initially was going to book it on my birthday for this trip, but believe it or not, even with 11 days, it was very hard to fit everything in. DH wasn't overly excited when I mentioned it to him, but I really think he would enjoy it if he tried it.

The other thing I am thinking about is letting the guys do the Richard Petty experience. Obviously a lot of money, but a once in a lifetime thing. ;)

Better start saving up now, right?:laughing:

I am so happy for you that you have a new trip to look forward to. Your friends are lucky to have you share in their experience at the World. They are going to have an awesome time. I was thinking for your DH - does he like to golf? Maybe if he did come with you for the trip he could go off golfing a few days. Love your new title... Cute... I also love the pics that the photopass took at the pool... very cool.

I am so happy for you that you have a new trip to look forward to. Your friends are lucky to have you share in their experience at the World. They are going to have an awesome time. I was thinking for your DH - does he like to golf? Maybe if he did come with you for the trip he could go off golfing a few days. Love your new title... Cute... I also love the pics that the photopass took at the pool... very cool.

Thank you! No, unfortunately DH doesn't golf - that would have been a great (albeit costly) WDW pastime for him.

All things considered though, this time of year, I am very grateful that he doesn't golf.:laughing: He has been with the kids on the water every day this week!

Alright, I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I'm all caught up. I had planned to go to bed, but instead I brought my laptop with me and snuggled down between two sleeping babies and read until I was done. :rolleyes1

I enjoyed it all so far! The hotels are so beautiful, your kids are too cute, and you have such a wonderful writing style, it's like reading a favorite book!

I love your DD's dress for the hoop-de-do revue, it's amazing! I think that's the sort of thing DH would look at and say, "Yeah, you WOULD like that" haha.

Your DH seems to be the opposite of mine. He's totally into disney, and tends to err on the side of park commando, which doesn't work with two little kids. So instead of him leaving and me following, it's me taking the tired kid back to the hotel, or the car, or whatever, alone, while he continues on his mission. The grass is always greener, I suppose. :laughing:

I'm impressed that your DS will ride all the fast rides. My DS is 3.5 and 36 or 37 inches, so not tall enough, but he would never do it. It must be so much fun to be able to ride all together!

You seem to take everything in stride. I would have been so upset at Tusker house with no characters! 11 days and you don't get back to AK? I can't wait to hear what you do!

I can't wait to read more!

I was so confused when I saw this title that I wasn't at all familiar with...then I saw it was yours. Confused, I opened it and read your latest update, and I have to say, I am so happy for you that I actually got tears in my eyes:hug:

Having your friends with you and maybe DH not coming for the first few days will make all the difference in the world. I think you're going to have a fabulous time....woo hoo another PTR to look forward to:woohoo:

Hello Trish, I started reading your trip report yesterday and I am caught up. You have a beautiful family. I have read many trip reports on the board and I really especially enjoy reading yours; you put a lot of personality and detail in your post.

Too bad about DH; atleast he goes to WDW with you and likes some things. There are many DH's out there who do not go or take there family at all or maybe one trip in there life time. I know many people like that; they do not see the magical and vision of it like he are do and it frustrates us because we want to be a true diser.

Maybe it might help if you can stay in one resort instead of three. I am sure that that could be work and stressful. Maybe, let him plan and decide what to do on a given day. He might like to do the Nascar or rent a little speed boat or parasail,etc.,etc. And definatley have a resort day every two days, so you all can relax. I know someone mentioned it earlier in your trip report to have your mother in law watch the kids, so you all can hit pleasure island or have a date night. That sure sounded like a start to a great evening about being on the balcony of the CR with the best view in the world with wishes going on. WOW!! :cloud9:

I look forward on reading more. popcorn::

:thumbsup2

Love the new title, Trish!

And congratulations for having managed to get another *Last Trip to WDW* planned! :thumbsup2

:thumbsup2
I'm so happy for you!
I had a feeling that you'd be returning in no time. Wow! 40th Celebration! I might need to join you. We usually go in the fall (crowds are better). We are leaving in 2 months:wizard:
Keep your trip report coming, it's soooo much fun :cool1:

Good Morning Trish!

Just as someone else posted I saw an email with a TR name I didn't recognize and was surprised it was yours. Now I get it! ;) Congratulations on your next trip to the world. :woohoo: How exciting and how much fun it will be to go with friends.

We have gone a few times in Oct and it is great. We love the MNSSHP and the Food and Wine. The weather can be either really nice and cool or super hot and we have experienced both during the same week. You can definitely still swim and enjoy the pools. MNSSHP is great fun and a must do. The parade is my favorite. :thumbsup2

I have to tell you I was stunned when I read about how your DH wanted to leave the BBQ and you were only 20 min. in to it. :eek:That barely gave you time to eat. I can't imagine what my reaction would have been. Let's just say you are waaaay nicer than me. I know you must have been super disappointed. I give you BIG kudos for being positive and not having a hissy fit (as we say in the south).

Oh yeah...your DD dress is so adorable. I wish my DD would still wear things like that but she is a tweener so no cutesy stuff anymore...:sad2:

Have a great weekend. Looking forward to more.

TTFN
Darlene

Hooray for a tentative new trip! I'm turning 40 shortly after Magic Kingdom and want to spend my 40th birthday in Orlando. We probably won't be there October 1st but later in the month....

Amanda

Hi Trish,

We just returned from an 18 day trip to England and of course I spent most of yesterday catching up on the DIS (those suitcases can wait to be unpacked, right?!!!!).

First and foremost, very sorry to hear of your loss. Your husband's aunt sounds like she was an amazing and inspirational woman.

As I read your updates (I had left around the time you had posted about your dinner at BD and fantasmic) I continued to feel like I was reading my own life stories ...... DH can have a similar foul look on his face despite being at the happiest place on earth, DH would definitely walk out like your DH did of the BBQ (although I would have fumed about it much more than you did), and DH too is at his happiest just lounging at the pool. So glad you are sharing.

Your son's birthday party looked amazing. Could you please either post or pm me the places that you got the different supplies from (decorations, what your favors were and where you got them, and also where you found that skeleton). I am trying to plan something for my DS7s birthday in the fall.

Also, amazing that you are going to be going back next year. What an amazing time to go. You are on the right track in thinking to go a few days ahead of your husband. This certainly would help you have the vacation you want with your kids as well so a slower paced time as a family once your husband gets there. I completely back you in your decision. You are actually inspiring me to start running again and maybe aiming for the half marathon in 2011. My DH and I actually ran (more like fast paced walk in my case) the half marathon in January of 2004. This time I want to run the entire course and feel good doing it. Maybe I can set it as my goal and then we can have a DIS meet after?????

As I mentioned, we just returned from England. I love Disney and cannot get enough of it but have to say that it is great to go to other destinations. I had many magical moments on this trip and realized that we really need to open our kids minds up to what various parts of the world are like and to meet people of different nations. I particularly enjoyed sharing the history of various buildings and monuments with them (of course every time we passed by Big Ben we would be looking for Peter Pan!!!!!!). I think that my DH enjoyed this vacation for various reasons, one of them being that we were doing something different than what we have done in the last three years. So I would strongly suggest that if possible then throw in a vacation to a destination where your luggage tags won't say MCO (like how I stole that from your PTR!!!).

Looking forward to reading more.

I have been missing in action for over a week due to family issues in Florida. I just got cought up with your TR. My DH is a resisiter, but like your DH he has good things to say about WDW when he returns home.

It was good to Know about the 40 year anniversary of MK. I'm planning a trip around that time in 2011 & didn't know anything about the 40th.

I just loved the twirly dress, just the thing for my granddaughters.:love:

Now I'm awaiting the ugly & hope that it is not as bad as anticipated.:scared1:
Congrats on a return trip in 2011. I think the days without DH would make the trip happier for all. Good plan! :woohoo:

Awesome news, Trish!! I'm so happy for you!! I think the idea of going down earlier than your DH is a good idea-- or leaving him behind while you're at the parks :lmao: I think you're right--everyone will be happier. Nothing like friends to keep people on their best behavior, too, haha.

:banana: Another trip planned! Good for you.

It seems you have the same problems with your DH as I have with mine. Last trip we were in the park in the morning and he said he wanted to go back to the room. "Ok, no problem", I told him. "I'll meet you back there later." He didn't like that.

If I was at the BBQ I would've just told him that I'll catch you after the show and let him go. If he wants to watch TV or sit in the room, that's ok. And if I want to stay until the end of the show, then that's ok too.

All cought up on your TR! I am loving it and it is so great that you may be going back so soon! I love the idea of a few days before but it is great that yoru DH wants to maybe come along. Maybe he does like it more then he lets on ;) Can't wait for the next update!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter