How high for MK view

Discussion in 'DVC-Mousecellaneous' started by gtrist4life, May 30, 2009.

1. gtrist4life

gtrist4life <font color=teal>May the good fairy be kind enough

Just curious, I saw that this thread discussed the top floors

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2139514&highlight=Magic+Kingdom+view

But that and the recently published pics of the views from the grand villa got me thinking.

Will DVC classify lower floor rooms that face the Magic Kingdom as an MK view?

I would hope that they have a break at some point or I suspect there will be some complaints.

Any thoughts on how high before an MK view kicks in? 4th floor?

Peace

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Disney has a history of stretching the most out their view categories so nothing would surprise me. Some of the Bay Lake views are actually looking at other rooms across the courtyard. If you look out at a angle or step out onto the patio and look to your side, then you can see Bay Lake.

4. CarolMN

CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

Wondering what your source is that supports the Bay Lake view comment ?

I haven't seen anything that indicates what floors, what sections will be classified as a particular view, and the resort isn't open for guests yet.

5. monkeyknuckler

monkeyknuckler Mouseketeer

I think that this point is quite clear, the rooms on the end of the building that face inward towards each other are going to have a view of the room directly across the courtyard. Will these be called lake view, even if you can't see the lake from 3 feet inside the room? You will be able to see the lake if you're on the balcony. But yeah, they do stretch reality a bit with their view classifications. ;)

6. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

Considering that about 65% of the rooms are classified as lake view, I would say yes. There are not too many rooms with a straight shot to the lake.

7. disneynutz

disneynutz DIS Veteran DIS Lifetime Sponsor

Disneynutz is the best source that I know of! :lmao:

Disney has released these numbers. BLT has 428 rooms. 85 MK view, 295 Bay Lake view and 47 Standard views. Based upon these numbers, the rooms inside the "C" have to be considered Bay Lake views.

8. MinnieFan4ever

MinnieFan4ever <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

Does anyone know when they will release a diagram showing the room catagories?

9. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I doubt they will. There has never been an official view diagram for any of the resorts.

10. jade1

jade1 If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your luc

I would say those will be lake view for sure. Ocean view rooms often have a similar situation where the balcony is best view. You cant see the boardwalk at all without being on your balcony at BWV-and thats the BW View.

11. jade1

jade1 If your lucky enough to live on the lake, your luc

Was wondering as well. I predict 6th floor to keep MK point users happy-leaving some awesome (5th floor) standard view users happy as well. :thumbsup2

12. drusba

drusba I went to Iowa once, and it was closed.

13. WilsonFlyer

WilsonFlyer <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ

If I get to my MK View room and can't see the castle clearly, it would have behooved them to have epoxied the little one to the balcony and my suggestion would have been not to have used the cheap 5 minute stuff either. :lmao:

14. monkeyknuckler

monkeyknuckler Mouseketeer

Nice one. Either that, or some kind of parascope system.

15. spiceycat

spiceycat dvc-blt,vwl,bwv

maybe a nice cm will give a disers a copy or let them take a picture of it.

16. gtrist4life

Interesting, these numbers look funny to me (other than when added up they're off by 1). I would think that the breakdown of MK and STD rooms would total more closer to the Lake view total? Am I missing something?

17. DebbieB

DebbieB DIS Veteran

I think there will be lake view rooms on both the inside and the outside of the "C", especially on the side closest to the Contemporary.

18. gtrist4life

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks DebbieB!

19. Dean

Dean DIS Veteran<br><a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis

Quite a few of the rooms on the outside will be LV, many will actually be both. The numbers don't add up in my head to make only 6th floor or above as MK view, even if you make the last couple of rooms on the park side as LV and not MK view for all floors. Plus it's likely that many lower units on the inside will be Standard view. It should be interesting as th is puzzle unravels.