How hard is it to get a SP room?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by Castillo Mom, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Castillo Mom

Castillo Mom DIS Veteran

I have a friend who would like to book a SP room for our trip. How difficult are these to actually get? Does anyone know what the room numbers of these are on the Magic and what deck they're on? Thanks in advance for the info. :)

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

you'll have to book well in advance to snag one. The cabins to request are 5020, 5022, 5024, 5520, 5522 and 5524. Good luck!

I have heard that it is easier for the Wonder, than the Magic....Hope that helps..No personal experience.. :goodvibes

4. Castillo Mom

Castillo Mom DIS Veteran

Thanks so much Mommasita! :wave2:

5. mommasita

mommasita DIS VETERAN Moderator

You are mighty welcome...I only take the credit for copy and pasting it... :rotfl:

6. Castillo Mom

Castillo Mom DIS Veteran

7. inkkognito

inkkognito <font color=green>I shall call him Mini-Me<br><fon

Watch out...5522/24 ad 5022/24 are connectors...and therefore have more noise potential! The SPRs often book up as soon as the dates are opened for the most popular times of year.
    Barb

8. Castillo Mom

Castillo Mom DIS Veteran

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind. She did say she didn't want one of the connecting ones.

9. westjones

westjones <font color=blue>Mother of Two <font color=deeppin

The shorter cruises a little easier to get. The 7 night ones book up almost as fast as the dates are released. I have one for March 2006 on a 4 night, and a friend was thinking of coming too. I booked mine in September right after the dates opened, and I kept an eye open for the other and it was still available in March (2005) for this same cruise. It is gone now (my friend isn't going after all). BUT the 7 night cruise on that same week, they were gone at the time I booked mine for the 4 night!

DJ

10. cruisedis05

cruisedis05 Mouseketeer

I had my TA fax our info over to Disney monthes before the dates opened. We wanted 2 sp rooms. They held the info and we got the call when the dates opened that we got the rooms.

11. Debogan

Debogan Mouseketeer

What are SP rooms?

12. CruisingCA2005

CruisingCA2005 <font color=purple>Loves Nut Goodies!<br><font col

I told my TA that I wanted connecting SPH rooms & gave her a range of dates that I'd like to travel. We reserved our rooms 13 months before we travelled.

13. Jsme

Jsme DIS Veteran

Secret Porthole Rooms

14. ibouncetoo

ibouncetoo <font color=009999>I get excited by the little thi

So these are Cat 10 'inside' staterooms that actually have a porthole (and therefore aren't really 'inside' at all???? Cat 10 on deck 5....I see why they'd be a 'hot ticket'. ::yes::

15. lenzs4

lenzs4 Mouseketeer

We were in room 5020 this June 25 - July 2. It appears to be the best view of the porthole rooms. The only obstruction was a metal bar that was on the left hand side of the window. Great view and it was nice to have the light!
    Shirley

16. Hakuna Matata

Hakuna Matata Earning My Ears

Okay, what is an SP room?

Nevermind, just read the thread Tina.

17. "Ginger"

"Ginger" Sailing, sailing away is where I want to be....

Shirley(lenzs4) thanks for the info on 5020. We are sailing on the Magic on Aug 20, repo cruise. When I booked we weren't given a stateroom number only a GTY. Just found out a couple weeks ago that we have 5020.
    Now when the heat gets to be to much while going through the Panama Canal I can escape to our room and look out of the window.
    We've had 5524 before but the view was very much blocked by a life boat.

18. Barbmouse63

Barbmouse63 <font color=navy>Thanks for your support!! I have

We just booked our first ever cruise yesterday......4 day Wonder next summer!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: OMG....I am so excited! :cheer2: Anyway we booked rooms 5520, 5522 and 5524! We are about a year out and we were able to get 3 together.. at first our TA said that might be tough to do. Definitely book early in order to get these. I think there are only 6( or 8?) of them. I hope these are good rooms.. I want our first cruise to be special! Any reviews? Oh yeah, and please tell me about staying on Deck 5. I am about to burst with excitement!

Thanks for all of the wonderful advice on this board! I'm glad I will have it for this long time before the cruise is a reality!!

19. Castillo Mom

Castillo Mom DIS Veteran

Congrats Barb!

20. westjones

westjones <font color=blue>Mother of Two <font color=deeppin

These rooms are in a great location. They are right around the corner from the Kids Lab and the movie theater is just down the hall a bit. The Walt Disney Theater is just down one flight of stairs by the hallway. We love this hallway. It is quiet because there isn't much traffic, and we let our kids check themselves out of the Lab (they were 11-twins) and all they had to do was walk around the corner a bit to get back to our room. They don't have to walk down a long hallway of other staterooms, the SPRs are the first ones you come to. I think you will like it (and it is very nice to have some day light without having to pay the price of a porthole room).

DJ

21. Jsme

Jsme DIS Veteran

We booked January 26, 2005 for our September 1 cruise.