How good is the view of the fireworks for Pirates and Pal's voyage?

100AcreWood

DIS Veteran
We're thinking of doing the pirates and pals' voyage for our upcoming trip but my dh wanted to know, how good is the view of the fireworks?

We're thinking of doing the pirates and pals' voyage for our upcoming trip but my dh wanted to know, how good is the view of the fireworks?

Good.

(But, not nearly as good as seeing them from near the Hub in MK.)

Last edited:
The view was fine but I didn't like that there was no "boom" from it...too far away I guess. I like to hear the fireworks loud and clear.

We had the amazing side! I really enjoyed the different perspective of seeing the fireworks over MK. The music is played on the boat so you don't have to worry about missing that either.

Maybe having amazing/good sides depends on the boat driver? Our driver positioned the boat at an angle so all had an amazing view. I say that because we were seated on the further side (sorry, not up on which is port, which is starboard) from the park and saw everything clearly, without obstruction. Our driver had the front of the boat facing the park but it was angled, sort of with the nose more or less towards BLT and the rear towards GF (if that helps with the picture in your mind)

One more question - I saw a picture of the snacks provided. Was that mickey ice cream bars I was seeing?

Oh the foggy night would be a bummer!

Two more questions - I assume I can go to EPCOT during the day (instead of MK)? I don't have to do the cruise on a MK day?

Also, can I park at the contemporary since I'll have a cruise reservation or how does that work for off site guests?

Yes, you can park at the Contemporary. You need to get there plenty early because parking is limited. It took us over 20 minutes to find a parking space last December. One of the best adventures we've ever done and highly urge everyone to try it. Lots of good eats before your cruise and you will laugh plenty with your pirate captain.

Thanks for posting the pictures! I'm making a reservation on Wednesday. Can't wait! I love trying new stuff at Disney.

Maybe having amazing/good sides depends on the boat driver? Our driver positioned the boat at an angle so all had an amazing view. I say that because we were seated on the further side (sorry, not up on which is port, which is starboard) from the park and saw everything clearly, without obstruction. Our driver had the front of the boat facing the park but it was angled, sort of with the nose more or less towards BLT and the rear towards GF (if that helps with the picture in your mind)

This was how ours was as well. Great experience depending on what time of year you go bring a jacket it can be chilly out there

Yes, all you care to eat. There is a self serve freezer :)
We've done this twice in the past couple of years -- last month was the most recent -- and neither time did they have Mickey Bars. They had ice cream sandwiches and some type of fruit ice pops, but no Mickey Bars.

We've done this twice in the past couple of years -- last month was the most recent -- and neither time did they have Mickey Bars. They had ice cream sandwiches and some type of fruit ice pops, but no Mickey Bars.
Strange. We did it March 13 and they had Mickey Bars. DGD ate one, even though it was freezing outside.

I booked the cruise today! Thanks for everyone's feedback and help. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

My oldest is 13 this trip (was still 9 during our last visit) so I had the sticker shock of paying for her as an adult.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter