How far would you go for a raise?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by happygirl, May 1, 2013.

1. Mama Mouse

Mama Mouse DIS Veteran

I don't have any but I love tattoos.

That said, I would NEVER get a tattoo of the place I work. Especially in that particular field.

I would think it would be a huge smack in the face for those who are actually working harder to try to get those raises and make more. Not to mention the already hard workers who maybe just don't want or can't have tattoos for one reason or another. Why should they be less valued because they didn't get a tattoo. I dunno, it's just bad business to me.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MnMomtoboys

MnMomtoboys DIS Veteran

With happygirl there is never a link. Don't waste your time asking.

4. pixiewings71

pixiewings71 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Sweet!!! Totally!!!!

You could get it covered. :) Just saying. :)

I love tattoos, have 1 and have 2 more in the planning stages, planning the design and needing to save the money. LOL That said I would NOT tattoo a company logo or name on my body for a raise, no way. My tattoos are all very personal, a job is not and could be temporary, I prefer to get my art instead of someone else's. lol Even if I could personalize it I wouldn't do it.

5. EMAW_KSU

EMAW_KSU DIS Veteran

For a 40 percent raise I would get two.

6. happygirl

happygirl DIS Veteran

Why do you need a link, let me ask you that?

and for the record I usually always post links.

7. NHdisneylover

NHdisneylover DIS Veteran

Generally a link is good for several reasons:

1. not to provide it is unethical and in some cases illegal. You do not copy writing with citing the source. You should have learned that in about 6th grade.

2. so people know it is a real story and not made up

3. so people can see what the "source" is and decide if they feel it is trustworthy or not.

8. Soldier's*Sweeties

Soldier's*Sweeties DIS Veteran

I was too lazy to respond to this thread... so thanks!

As for the OP, no I wouldn't do it.

9. ebtbmom

ebtbmom DIS Veteran

Not for a realty company but definetly if I worked for Disney! :goodvibes

I'm a trashy repulsive girl and already have 2 tattoos and considering a 3rd.

10. ironpig70

ironpig70 DIS Veteran

Since I have tattoos and I could get this anywhere and get 15% more than why not.

11. krcit

krcit DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2

A little RR on my hip or some other hidden place? I'd consider it and like a pp said, I bet nthe office is fun!

12. ILUVALASKA

ILUVALASKA DIS Veteran

Tattoos are indeed hideous (the big sleeve kind), but I am 90% sure I am moving to China in October for a fabulous job that will pay $30,000 more than I make here!

13. TifffanyD

TifffanyD DIS Veteran

Ummmm ok. Good for you...

14. PatsGirl

PatsGirl <font color=teal>Kids will write the darndest thin

Each to their own but I gotta say...if I worked for a company that paid people to tattoo their brand on themselves, I'm pretty sure I'd quit. I won't even use the lunch bags and other company monogrammed crap they give us at work. I'm also one of those people who refuse to wear logos and never bought my children the clothes sold to advertise (think Gap sweatshirts or A&F logos)....pay for your own darn advertising, don't use me or my children as a billboard.

FWIW, I have several tattoos so I just want to make it clear this has nothing to do with being inked, rather being inked to advertise for someone else's financial benefit.

15. njmom47

njmom47 <font color=blue>He's such a fiend!<br><font color

I agree....a little RR somewhere (hidden) for 15% extra money? No problem! And maybe it is a younger owner and a bit fun to work there.

16. Pigeon

Pigeon DIS Veteran

I wonder how the Jewish or Muslim employees feel about this.

17. NHdisneylover

NHdisneylover DIS Veteran

I thought of that too. If you religion prevents you from this then you don;t qualify for a raise that others do? :confused3 I'd be upset.

18. mhsjax

mhsjax DIS Veteran

But if you were? ;)

Also I totally despise tattoos.. If I were going to get one, it would be the names of my children, you know that people I have in my life forever, not some company I happened to work for, no way no how would that ever happen. I can't be bought by putting something permanent on my body and would question a company that asked me to do so. I also don't believe that is this story is legit, that they would allow you to be qualified for the raise if it wasn't somewhere that could easily be seen.

19. Aliceacc

Aliceacc <font color=royalblue>We had a wonderful time, but

I've had enough needles to last a lifetime. I'm not getting any tattoos.

And as much as I love my job, I'm not getting its name tattooed anywhere. It's my job, not my life. My husband and kids, my parents and siblings-- they're my life.