How Far Out is Hoop Dee Doo Booking These Days?

burberryplaid

<font color=darkorange>Addicted to SOARIN's Orange
Today is 180+10 for my Marathon Weekend trip and looks like reservations haven't been loaded yet for January. Anyone have recent experiences booking HDDR for later in the year or January?

I booked HDDR recently for a December trip. I did book it on our 180 ADR date for one of our last days of the trip, but noticed that there was still plenty available all around that time. Even after my 180 day mark. So, if you plan on booking right at that time, you'll be fine. Once I had my reservation made, I went in a few times over the next week to look at moving it to another day/time during our week, and there was still availability. Now, it's all booked up, but on your ADR date, it'll be all good. I don't think it's a race like BOG. Have fun!

I couldn't book HDDR on my ADR day (which was last Sunday). I tried every show for every day of my trip and nothing. I don't think they were released yet. There is just no way it's completely booked this far out.

You're right. Something has been up for lots of dates from like October and further out. It's definitely not booked yet. Just stinks that you have to keep checking. I know once that ADR is over, it's so nice to chill after weeks or months of figuring out dining plans and then booking them. Fingers crossed that they'll open up soon.

Thank you! I'll keep checking....I feel confident it's not booked yet especially since I had no problem booking BOG or other hard to get ADRs!

Yup, this happened to me last year for Jan 2016 stay. HDDR didn't open until around 140 day window.

Something odd is happening. I just posted this on another HDDR thread:
I have been trying for the 6PM show for the week we're there (11/15-11/22) since my 180+10 and there was nothing available. I have friends going in October who had the same problem with the 6PM show and also friends in Dec. reporting the same. Something weird is going on. I have a Tier 1 res for the 8PM show, with the hopes that the 6PM will open eventually.

I just did an online chat on the Disney website, and the CM said that nothing is bookable in January either, so she thought availability just hasn't been released yet. She also checked for any notice of a refurbishment and found nothing. Looks like just a delay in availability.

We just added a night to the front of our trip, having already made all our other dining reservations-and thought HDDR might be a fun first night activity 11/25...no availability at all... :( I guess I will keep my eye on it for cancellations...

We just added a night to the front of our trip, having already made all our other dining reservations-and thought HDDR might be a fun first night activity 11/25...no availability at all... :( I guess I will keep my eye on it for cancellations...
Although a few people have been able to book dates for the fall/early winter, most people have not been able to book anything yet. It appears that availability has been held back as of now. Some people have been told that a refurbishment is coming up soon, but no specific dates have been announced yet.

They have opened up some dates in November and December now, you may want to give it another try. I was able to book a 6:15 on 12/13 yesterday!

Ive not seen anything for the whole of my 5th - 19th November trip!

There was a temporary 'blip' a couple weeks ago with Hoop Dee Doo dates being released between October and December, but within a few minutes availability vanished again. Keep checking!!

So frustrating! But won't give up... although I am somewhat considering booking Midieval Times for that night instead...

Seems that during our last 2 Disney trips (2 and 8 years ago), we were easily snagged HDDR reservations. Our next trip is late September and I have been unable to find a reservation. Either it is way more popular or there are not as many showings.

This morning a CM got hold of Guest Services and said HDDR is replacing itss furniture, and until it's complete they aren't opening up reservations. Sounds like it will be several weeks out :/

This morning a CM got hold of Guest Services and said HDDR is replacing itss furniture, and until it's complete they aren't opening up reservations. Sounds like it will be several weeks out :/

Wow, that would be nice for WDW to mention somewhere. I have been trying for a week - basically spinning my wheels. I did a quick google search and did not find anything mentioning the closure. Considering I just told my son that Disney Quest was closed (he really wants to go) but it looks like it isn't (???) - things are balancing out.

There have also been reports of a floor refurbishment this fall. I checked back daily and just happened to get in on the availability that opened up a couple of weeks ago. Good luck, hopefully they'll open up more dates soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!