How far off of I95 do you go for an overnight stop? Have U stayed at the ClubhouseInn

BWVDenise

I believe in something, I just don't know what it
This is 12 miles from I95 and I was wondering if this is too far to stop overnight...
Anyone have any experience with the Clubhouse Inn & Suites?

TIA!
Denise

Where are they located? If you'd like, I can give you the information on a Holiday Inn Express in Selma, NC (Exit 97) that we use yearly on our trip to Myrtle Beach. That might be a little far north for you depending on where you want to stop.

Hi Denise -

I from Eastern Pa. and we just returned from a trip to Disney a few weeks ago. We stopped at Savannah and stayed at the Clubhouse Inn & Suites. We had stayed there 4 years ago and really liked it. There are a million motels right off the highway but I have this problem - my husband is a terrible snorer, so at home I end up sleeping in another room when he starts snoring so bad :) At any rate, I was searching the AAA guide for a place that had a "separate bedroom" and a pull-out couch. That way my son & husband could sleep in one room and my daughter and I in the other. The suite was a nice size and was more than sufficient for one night. There was a mini-fridge, coffemaker and coffee supplied and microwave. The pool and hot tub were great and the jacuzzi in the room was nice. Ok - the tub appeared to be a little dirty, but I'm not sure if it was just from age or not. Also, my husband noticed those little red fire ants crawling around the bathroom floor in the middle of the night. The place seemed very clean, so I don't know if its a local think or what, but since we were on the second floor, it made me wonder!

The buffet breakfast was excellent - eggs, bacon, cereal, bagels, juice and more - it was really delicious.

As far as the 12 miles from the highway, my husband said he won't do this again - he did find this to be an annoyance - I have in my trip records (I keep an exact record of when we left, when we arrived at certain towns, to refer back to) - we actually got off the highway at Exit 94 Savannah at 4:50 p.m. and didn't arrive at Clubhouse Inn & Suites until 5:20 p.m. It is exactly 12 miles, but it goes past a very busy area filled with restaurants and stores, so there are a lot of red lights and traffic. In the morning it took 22 minutes to get back on the highway (we left at 8:30, so I guess that wasn't as busy a time). At any rate, my husband said we either drive straight through next time or we stop somewhere that is right off the highway or at least within a few miles.

If you have any other questions I might be able to answer, please don't hesitate to e-mail me:

LooneyIAm@aol.com

Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

Paula

Wow, Paula! Thanks SO MUCH for all that info! I will talk to my dh and see what he wants to do. Supposedly, they just renovated the guest rooms. The hot breakfast might make it worth it since it is included, and having the microwave in the room would mean that we wouldn't have to go out for dinner, which would also save $$ (we are looking at the same room since we are a family of 5, and that's the only room they will put a rollaway in).
Thanks a bunch!
Denise

We usually just stay just off the exit. By that time, we've driven about all the miles we care to for the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter