How far is Port Canaveral from Disney?

I would honestly suggest that if you are going to go on a cruise, that you do not stay at the WDW resorts, but stay in Port Canaveral itself. The rooms are cheaper, better, and a lot closer. We have tried it both ways but we decided that there is literally no advantage to staying at a WDW resort if going on a cruise.

We have tried it both ways and have come to exactly the opposite conclusion. First, we spend the night at Disney and get started on our Disney vacation a day early. Often we go to Downtown Disney (Disney Springs), or we spend the afternoon and evening at our resort enjoying all the theming and Disney atmosphere. Then, the hour trip to the port goes so quickly, and we spend the time playing Disney cruise trivia. Believe me, it goes quickly, and it is a lot of fun to see the Disney busses passing (in both directions) as well as guessing who else we pass will be on our cruise. Finally, topping the bridge at the end and seeing the Disney ship in the port is....magical. All of this is so much better than the Whatever Inn and Suites.

My concern is that staying at WDW means that you might not arrive at the ship until as late as 1:30 or 2pm. This is why I'm thinking of going with the Hyatt at MCO----buses start going at 9:30 to the ship. Friends of mine had eaten lunch, gotten tickets to the princesses, and ridden Aquaduck twice ALL before some people from disney resorts were even ON the ship.

Do you know where I can find information about the bus from Hyatt MCO to the ship? Thanks!
Same busses the main resorts at WDW use. Basically you go to the lobby into the airport to the designated bus area, get on the DCL bus and go to the ship.

What else would you like to know.

My concern is that staying at WDW means that you might not arrive at the ship until as late as 1:30 or 2pm. This is why I'm thinking of going with the Hyatt at MCO----buses start going at 9:30 to the ship. Friends of mine had eaten lunch, gotten tickets to the princesses, and ridden Aquaduck twice ALL before some people from disney resorts were even ON the ship.
It's entirely possible. It's one of the reasons my wife and I and our families stay the night before at Port Canaveral. We're usually in line just before the gates open.

If am staying at the double tree universal studios

What is the best way to port canaverial and would I be better going the night before and staying there

I'm not terribly familiar with the US area hotels... but these are you basic options since DCL doesn't offer transfers from there:

Rental car -- likely the least expensive but requires the most work on your part
Private car service/limo -- should be fairly easy to arrange, many on these boards do this
Get back to MCO and take DCL transfers from there -- I don't know if your US hotel has transportation back to MCO
Return to MCO the night prior to stay at MCO Hyatt and then take DCL transfers in the morning -- again, I don't know if your US hotel has transportation back to MCO

Enjoy your cruise!

I would honestly suggest that if you are going to go on a cruise, that you do not stay at the WDW resorts, but stay in Port Canaveral itself. The rooms are cheaper, better, and a lot closer. We have tried it both ways but we decided that there is literally no advantage to staying at a WDW resort if going on a cruise.

We are doing the parks as well, so staying in the Disney resorts is definitely an advantage for that. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter